From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Welcome to Uncyclopedia
Hello, Alexschmidt711, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in writing fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, and so on.
You can create your own article. For starters, create it under your own name; for example, User:Alexschmidt711/Bedbug. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) We have a list of articles that need to be created. You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you. Here are some pages that might help:
Writing funny articles
|Understanding Uncyclopedia: About us • Beginner's Guide • Our projects • Getting ideas • Help menu|
|Understanding Funny: How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid • Funny and not just stupid images • Choosing words creatively|
|What to avoid: Vandalism • Cyberbullying • Writing about yourself or your pals • Drama • Overuse of initial quotations • Overuse of lists|
|What people have asked for: Articles • Pictures|
|Additional help: Get spelling/grammar help • Find or become a co-author • How to write an UnNews • Ask an Admin • Get feedback on your work|
- For personal help
- The administrators are willing to help you, and several Uncyclopedians are willing to adopt you.
- I will watch this page for a while and will know if you edit it. Afterward, you can contact me on my own talk page.
- If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where an experienced Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice them.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more : characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your user name and the current date and time.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
I hope you enjoy it here and write a lot of funny stuff!18:07 18-Jul-14
edit Formerly sent to 220.127.116.11
You are obviously a knowledgeable writer, with a knack with words too! I hope you pick a user name and stick around! You can use spaces instead of underscores in links.02:57 18-Jul-14
edit National Mall and Fillmore
Thanks for commending my Fillmore article! I was surprised that no article on Fillmore was there. The ideas in the National Mall aren't entirely original, although most were created by me at some time. If there is a way to add content, it could become a great article. Alexschmidt711 (talk) 17:45, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for registering! This article is now at User:Alexschmidt711/National Mall, where you can continue working on it at your leisure. 18:07 18-Jul-14
- PS--I have tagged Millard Fillmore, as there is nothing beyond your nice Intro. If this will take time, let me know and I'll move it to your userspace as well. (You will see a Move button in a few days with which to do this yourself.) 19:23 18-Jul-14
- @Spike: I have improved Millard Fillmore somewhat. Is it out of the ICU now? I requested a pic of Fillmore wearing a wig.
- OK, sure, but keep going. I saw your request of RadicalX, but he has Not Been Down For Breakfast for a long time. We usually steal from Google Images. The usual approach is not necessarily to wait for the perfect shoop, but to get a relevant photo from somewhere and make it funny by the caption you write. 03:00 19-Jul-14
- PS--When I think of "shopping" at the National Mall, I think of "buying" favors, exemptions from the tax code, waivers from Obama-care, etc. Your article might pursue this "commerce." 16:29 19-Jul-14