From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Hello, Aditseth03, and thanks for joining Uncyclopedia! Before editing further, please take a gander at our Beginner's Guide. If you want to find out more about Uncyclopedia or need more help with something, check out the following pages:
- About Uncyclopedia and The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue
- Votes for Highlight Page - read the very best articles and have your say about what goes onto our front page
Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
If you need help, feel free to ask me on my talk page, ask at the community forum or in the chatroom, or ask an administrator on their talk page. Additionally, our Adopt-a-Noob program can bring experienced editors straight to you. Simply leave a message on an adopter's talkpage to join. I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! 03:14, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
Hello and welcome! Although it seems you would like a more flattering presentation of stuff from India, keep in mind that we are here to amuse and not to inform. On your edit to India, there is absolutely no (comedy) reason to insert into the Infobox the correct date of India's independence. (By the way, don't use a nonsense date either; that is a trite form of humor--see UN:HTBFANJS--that we disfavor.) A better edit might have been to strike that entry completely. Infoboxes exist in Uncyclopedia only to resemble Wikipedia and to hold stuff that's really funny. They don't have to be complete. Also, for parenthetical remarks, we use (parentheses), not [brackets]. Happy editing! 13:28 14-Jul-13
edit Your user page
Hello again! You are permitted to use your user page to provide whatever introduction to other users you are comfortable with, including other places to find you — not to advertise another website. Therefore, I have deleted what you had there.11:46 13-Apr-14
This new article is unlikely to be interesting to general readers of this English-language humor wiki. From Wikipedia, I see what you are writing about; but it ought to offer enough hints so that the general reader can see what you are writing about without having to consult Wikipedia. In addition:
- It has serious coding errors which are evident if you look at the page; and these may take a long time to get right.
- It has serious English errors and these may take forever.
- Pointing out that we are not Wikipedia is not only a trite joke but one that spoils our cover joke (that we are Wikipedia).
- It reads like a rant (the LONG RUNS OF CAPITAL LETTERS DON'T HELP). You tell the reader where to surf to if he is serious. I tell you to check again and be sure you are not serious. 00:05 14-Apr-14