From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
| Member of the Order of Uncyclopedia|
This person has successfully registered on Uncyclopedia. They
should be proud of themselves for making such a smart move.
Hello, Adamsmithjohngalt, and welcome to Uncyclopedia. This is a wiki (a collection of pages anyone can edit). Words in blue are "links" and can be clicked to take you to another page. This wiki is for comedy. It pretends it's Wikipedia, but we make people laugh, not bore them. If you aren't interested in a fake encyclopedia but in fake news stories, we have UnNews, and there are other projects for scripts, lyrics, how-to guides, books, etc.
- What you can do
You can create your own article. It is better to do it under your won name, if, for example, you are not sure whether you will finish it; for example, User:Adamsmithjohngalt/An article. (The red instead of blue is a link to a page that doesn't yet exist.) If you don't have any ideas, we have a list of articles that need to be created.
If you've written an article, we have a Proofreading service where someone will correct your mistakes, and a review process where another Uncyclopedian will read your article and suggest improvements.
You can help without writing articles; just read articles and, if you see an improvement in writing or in comedy, jump in and edit it. In fact, you can help without writing at all, such as organizing, watching for vandals, or even greeting other new users.
- What you need
To write articles, you need a sense of humor and an ability to write good English. We all have strengths and weaknesses and you can get help in any area. But everyone needs an ability to work with other people. Be polite, positive, and helpful toward others, and assume others are doing the same toward you.
- What to read
- Our vanity policies: why you should not write anything about yourself or your friends
- And finally, this guide will tell you what can be funny and what cannot and whether some jokes have already been overused.
- For personal help
- Active administrators of Uncyclopedia are able to help you. In addition to that they are paid twice as much as we are, however, they still cannot afford a cup of coffee;
- Several experienced Uncyclopedians have indicated their willingness to adopt new users;
- Finally, you can ask questions on your (here) or on my talk page. And I will be willing to help you!
- How to post to talk pages
Please follow these general rules:
- Add comments at the end of a talk page so people notice your addition.
- Start your paragraphs with one or more ":" characters to indent them and set them off from other people's posts.
- At the end, type ~~~~ (four tildes), which gets replaced by your signature (you can set it up using Preferences) and the date and time of your post.
- Don't delete anyone's messages. In case of any controversy, we depend on an accurate record of what was written. You may disavow your remarks by
striking them through like this.
Hello and welcome! The way Wikipedia would name the article taking shape on your user page is Volta (2004 film). However, Uncyclopedia has nothing at all under Volta, so you are welcome to put it there. Other suggestions:
- Turn the photos into "thumbnails." (Study the top of this talk page for how to code it. Include a caption that is funnier than the photo.)
- Be sure to write not just to people who have seen the movie. Do the favor to the rest of us throughout the English-speaking world to write so that, even when we don't totally understand the joke, we can understand that you are telling a joke.
- Study other Uncyclopedia articles to see how to code sections and code links to other Uncyclopedia articles.
- Render the "Cast" section as a table or a bulleted list. (I personally am sufficiently unfamiliar with the movie that I can't tell that there is anything funny about this part.)
- Limit your use of categories to those that actually exist on Uncyclopedia; we have nowhere near as many nor as specific as Wikipedia. 14:17 10-Sep-13
edit Your edits
I have changed my mind based on your additional edits, in which I cannot see a shred of comedy. It may be that you are uploading a lot of material from a Filipino Wikipedia and are simply not aware that this is a humor wiki that parodies Wikipedia. It would be nice if you would respond, as I am contemplating an automated deletion of your contributions.21:32 10-Sep-13
Images that you have posted to your articles come out so large that they look ugly. Please take some time to read Uncyclopedia:How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid THE IMAGE VERSION for tips on using images more wisely and in a funny way. -- 01:35, September 11, 2013 (UTC)
I have moved your article to this location: User:Adamsmithjohngalt/Volta (film) 2004 so you can take some time to improve it. It needs lots more humor, and less lists, and some more content. -- 20:43, September 11, 2013 (UTC)
edit You are Nuked
It has been two weeks since my previous correspondence, you have not replied, I still cannot see any humor in your contributions, and I have not heard anyone else say they see any humor either. Therefore, with regrets, I am deleting your work.12:02 24-Sep-13
edit You are Gone
In view of your upload of Yin and Yang Grand Unification Theory of Space, I must conclude that you either don't know what we do here or simply don't want to do it but want an on-line backup of unfunny files. Good bye. 11:09 13-Oct-13