From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Just to let you know, this is the ip of a school computer lab, so you arn't talking to only one person... -Kikimora
One line does not constitute an article. Please spend more than 5 seconds writing your articles. I've spent hours on mine. Please read the Uncyclopedia:Beginner's Guide to Being an Uncyclopedian before you write another article.
Strong RadX 21:09, 1 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- 21 days later and you still don't appear to have read the above-mentioned article. Please, do yourself a favour and read the Beginner's Guide and HTBFANJS before you create any more nonsensical one-liners. Otherwise they'll just keep being deleted. -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 17:40, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
what should i do thats funny?
write more than one sentence??
- Again I say: read Uncyclopedia:How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid. The title pretty much says it all. -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 17:49, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
how is dashing through the bones not funny?
- You want me to spell it out for you? OK. It reads like it was written by a 12-year old rap fan on his mobile phone. It has a title that's extremely unlikely to be searched for. And, most importantly, it's not encyclopedic. Have you read any of the other pages on this site? The point is to satirise an encyclopedia in style, by using humorous or subversive content. If you want to make up rubbish lyrics, do so on your livejournal. -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 17:59, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
sat encyclopedia liek bush??
- Erm, can you repeat that in English please? -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 18:07, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
So, now Todd Lyons appears to have blocked you for the reasons I outlined above, I suggest that you use this time to do some reading, starting with the following items (once again for good measure):
- The Beginner's Guide. You should have read this first before editing anything. But hey, better late than never.
- How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid. Man, do you ever need to read this one.
- The style guide - if you've actually read any of the other pages here, you might have noticed that Uncyclopedia's style and format closely resembles that of another well-known online encyclopedia. Not cast-iron rules, but certainly a good hard shove in the right direction.
edit Which brings us neatly on to...
These articles are glittering examples of how an Uncyclopedia page should look. Note the things they have in common:
- A well thought-out, witty prose style.
- Use of subtlety, irony, and subversion rather than gratuitous profanity.
- Good formatting and presentation, making for easy readability.
- References to a humourous "common ground" - that is, a subject that a wide range of people are likely to be familiar with and/or find amusing.
Now think about the articles you've been creating. OK, we don't expect every single article to be as comprehensive as say, You have two cows, but hopefully you can see the pattern. Start with one article about something you know well. Take your time over it. But for Sophia's sake, don't create any more crappy one-liners. -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 20:53, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
edit Andy Warhog
No, it was shit. And you've been told about that before. By me, no less. Read the above, apply it and be funny, not stupid. -- Sir Codeine K·H·P·B·M·N·C·U·Bu. · (Harangue) 20:36, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
It appears you've had a lot of difficulty with creating articles in the past. Well, I don't think you've quite got the hang of it yet. One line and some strings of nonsense still don't constitute an article! Imagine that. Please, try to put some effort in before you click "Save page." Otherwise we'll have to keep deleting your articles and banning you.
Cheers! --KATIE!! 16:56, 13 February 2006 (UTC)
edit Beating a Dead Horse Skin Drum
To avoid immediate deletion of articles:
- Read all that stuff everyone else has told you to read.
- Make your new article at least three paragraphs, and at least 200 words.
- Be sure that your article makes sense to normal people.
- Make it something people might actually search for.
- Correct all spelling and grammar before saving.
200 words come now a stub is possibly and stuff but 200??? 126.96.36.199 21:12, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
The advice I just gave you was 79 words, and I wrote that off the top of my head in 3 minutes. 200 words is not much. I wrote 100 word stories in 2nd grade. Strong Rad 21:16, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
Your not going to get through to the idiot who keeps getting this Ip banned. It is realy annoying when you do, as I like to make semi-good articles. so if you mind, stop banning this Ip. ---Kikimora
edit Here's a Tip, Schnookie
Vandalizing multiple userpages with "hahaha you suck" and some stupid forum link will always get this IP address banned. Not only that, it's one of the easiest forms of vandalism to revert, so it only makes you look like an infantile moron. I personally don't care if there's more than one person using this IP -- that's for all of you to sort out amongst yourselves. I suggest, Kiki, that YOU take the necessary steps to prevent further bans on this address, if your intentions are as honorable as you claim. Otherwise, the bans will keep coming. Oh, and speaking of which, you've got another ban on the way right now for Asshattery on Userpages, as I mentioned in the first sentence. Cheers. --The King In Yellow (Talk to the Dalek.) 17:36, 23 March 2006 (UTC)
The IP belongs to all public schools and libraries in the entire state of Maine. I dont think Kikimora can stop everyone, no matter how righteous he may infact be. ~Sir Rangeley GUN WotM UotM EGA +S (talk) 19:53, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
edit Just a point...
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet or who does not use it. We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify him/her. Such an IP address can be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.