From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Þis vser is æ Playwright of þe Monþ
And sœ was decœrated wiþ þe œld school VnScripts template.
Winner in September 2011
|It is requested that an image or images be included in this article to improve its quality.|
Notes for New Arrivals (Noobs)
If I see an article I like, I will leave an encouraging comment. My best advice for noobs is to sit tight and don't get depressed if your first effort doesn't receive universal praise. Also, see if there are other articles on the site that are in need of rewriting (there will be a tag) , a clean bit of editing or just a general move from incoherence to a status where it is readable and makes enough sense. Above all, stay calm and talk to other people here in the same way you would in real life. If you really want to go and have a rant, there are other places where that attitude is positively welcomed. And if you get a ban, serve your time and then come back and see what it was all about. Remember, admins tend to treat all new comers to this site as potential vandals so it is best to create the best impression to avoid that label. And if you do muck up unintentionally and get a ban, create an account on illogicpedia and serve your time doing something useful there.
If your writing muse pops out for a coffee and doesn't come back straight away, I suggest all writers to look around and offer ideas/suggestions to other people who are scribbling away on their computers. From my experience, another voice thrown in can make all the difference and produce a classic...or a dud.
See also this link - http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-boi1.htm which is applicable here too. This link offers guidance as regards how this website is organised when it comes to behavior between users here. Uncyclopedia:Ban Policy.
- UnBooks:Keith_Richards with Funnybony. This is a co-authored article based originally on an UnNews story I did earlier. Featured August 2010
- Herod the Great Featured December 2010
- Whigs Featured November 2010
- Augustus Featured November 2011
- RMS Olympic Featured April 2012
- Herman Cain Received co-credit with Magic man, Mattsnow and Socky for this one. Featured December 2011.
- UnScripts:Titanic Wireless Transmissions Conspiracy Featured April 2012
- Helen of Troy Featured August 2012
- Battle of Trafalgar Featured October 2012
- Hmor - co-authored with SPIKE October 2012
- Muffin the Mule Featured November 2012
- Julian Assange Featured November 2012
- Dylan Thomas. Featured April 2010
- Stanley and Sisters
- The Brothers Karamazov
- Marie Antoinette A reasonable cake-orientated running joke expanded with illustrations.
- Gustav Mahler Added some pix. Minor re-work.
- Crusades Added a Crusade guide.
Providing Additional Material
At least articles where my additions were welcomed and made it to the 'final cut'. All featured.
- Kinsey Report No. 3: Sexual Behavior in Hamsters by Todd Lyons.
- Badly Drawn Porn by Mhaille.
- Frida Kahlo by Zana Dark.
- Battle of Grunwald by Ptok-Bentoniczny
- James_Broun-Ramsay,_1st_Marquess_of_Dalhousie by Sycamore
- Hochkonjunktur, bumste ich sie verlobtes, ich hatte geschlecht mit Ihrem man by Prettiestpretty
- Kitten Cookbook by Aleister
- Queen Victoria by Prettiestpretty
- Fanny Cradock by Prettiestpretty
- Why?:Your cat died by Kamek98
- Jim Morrison by Murder Frog
Articles I have come across in need of urgent work
- William Shakespeare. Major surgery applied. Still not right but an improvement (check the history).
- Alfred Kinsey Improvements and new illustrations supplied.
- Spartacus Just remembered I had forgot all about this one.
- Hannibal. Another one I just remembered.
- Roman Empire Looks like a mess of disconnected ideas. One to work on sometime.
In My Head
- Also over there sometimes under the same user name as here. So if I am strangely quiet or under a ban for bad formatting, see me over there.
- MediaWiki:Sitenotice id
- Achilles in the Tent. Contributor who withdraws from active participation but is still around, popping up now and again.
- Aleisterism. The art of staying friends with everyone and making sure your articles appear everywhere. Verb 'To Do An Aleister'.
- Drama stoker. Someone who returns the same subject again and again. Akin to Trollin' but much more specific.
- Filial Pietist. A Contributor who batters others into voting submission to get his or her article featured. See Filial Piety.
- Fork. See Spoon.
- Gresham's Law. Related to the classic economic theory by Thomas Gresham which states "When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation. When related to a website, it is when articles like I maed a yucky doody become the standard of featured articles and therefore drive out others who want to write about more challenging subjects. Can be summed up as 'Bad Comedy Drives Out the Good'.
- Junior Uncyclopedia. Attempting to feature an article like this.
- Navalist. Contributor who wants to write only about sea-related issues.
- Navelism. Excessive references to this website in articles. Also Bellybuttonery.
- Navelism by Proxy. Excessively promoting the supposed merits of your articles site via this website with the help of a lot of links.
- Navelist. Contributor who drops in site mentions for no good reason.
- Spoon. See Fork.
- Valley of the Trolls. A website where all standard values of behavior are reversed in the name of 'Lulz'. Also Troll Island.
- Truth Jesuit. A contributor who imagines other people care about what he/she says in a forum or when voting.
- Thespianonics. Drama addicts.
- Wiki Transvestite. See Aleister.