User:Pentium5dot1/UN:REQ holding cell
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Uncyclopedia:Requested Articles/watchlist. (That page is for requests that have been fulfilled; this is for requests of dubious merit that have not been fulfilled.)
If you would like to fill a request from this page, please post on the talk page.
This page contains article requests that I have decided not to post directly to Uncyclopedia:Requested Articles because of reservations about the suitability of the requests. I have placed the information here so that I can have time to examine the suitability and refine the description of each request.
edit On hold due to questionable topic
- 7-Zip (wp) -- Science and technology -> Computers and Internet
Software/format for general-purpose lossless compression
Dubious because: Lack of popularity except among serious geeks, and the obvious pun on 7-Up would be clichéd
- Barcode Battler (wp) -- Entertainment -> Toys This request needs clarification
- Bleeping Computer (extlink) -- Science and technology -> Computers and Internet -> Websites
Forum used primarily to discuss malware removal
Dubious because: Um, lack of popularity...? What could we say that isn't slandanity? (But see also "Beeping Computers" on TV Tropes — perhaps make the article about a device that looks like a stud finder and beeps when it finds malware)
- Everything2 (wp,extlink) -- Science and technology -> Computers and Internet -> Websites
Considered a precursor to wikis such as Wikipedia? (TODO: explain more)
Dubious because: Everything2 was started in the Web 1.0 days and is no longer popular
- Foxconn (wp) -- Busine$$ -> Companies
Manufacturer of the iPhone series (also some Nintendo products etc. - TODO explain this); recently notable for frequency of employee suicides
Dubious because: We already have UnNews:Could China suicides hurt Apple's image?. Redirect perhaps?
- Google Watch, Google Watch Watch, and Google Watch Watch Watch (wp?) -- Science and technology -> Computers and Internet -> Websites
The first two of these are real; just look them up. The last might be a parked domain, but I am reluctant to try visiting it myself.
Dubious because: One person's criticism of Google does not a funny topic make, and excessive repetition can be undesirable (cf. Holocaust denial denial series BTW: what about Holocaust denial affirmation or Holocaust affirmation affirmation?)
- HIPAA (wp) -- Government and Politics This request needs clarification
- Hydlide (wp) -- Entertainment -> Computer and Video games
Action-RPG for various Japanese computers and Famicom/NES; negative reception outside Japan; sequels released outside Japan include Hydlide 3 (Super Hydlide on Genesis), which was somewhat decent, and Virtual Hydlide (Saturn), which was just as crappy as the original
Dubious because: The NES version is unpopular precisely because it's so crappy, although the Angry Video Game Nerd did do a video on it
- Indigo children (wp) -- History -> Conspiracy Theories and Scams
We already have Indigo but it doesn't cover this topic (TODO: explain more)
Dubious because: Lack of editors interested in New Age philosophy
- Japan-Greece (wp?) -- Geography -> Countries
The predecessor of modern-day Japan-France; see the writings of user Romaioktonos (mainspace, userspace).
Dubious because: The whole country mashup joke gets old after a while, and how do we compress that much cruft into a single article?
- Jupiter Jack - no suitable classification exists yet
Hands-free cell-phone adapter that contains an FM modulator in order to allow the use of a car radio as the speaker
- Lenna (h,l)(user)(wp) -- Science and technology -> Computers and Internet
A standard test image based on a Playboy photo of Lena Söderberg
Dubious because: Various HTBFANJS violations are likely (TODO: explain)
- Luka -- Entertainment -> Music
Connect the Suzanne Vega song "Luka" with the Vocaloid character Megurine Luka.
- Moken (wp) -- No suitable classification exists yet. Perhaps create an Anthropology section under Biology?
The Moken are a nomadic tribe of sea gypsies who live on Mu Ko Surin island off the western coast of Thailand. In the popular press, they are often known for one physiological trait, which is the ability of their eyes to focus accurately underwater. More ideas can be found at these footnotes. This could be the basis for a conspiracy-theory satirical structure, perhaps involving world domination via genetic engineering, aliens, and/or cyborgs in a secret underwater facility, but...
Dubious because: Conspiracy theories are clichéd
- Negative binomial distribution (wp) -- Science and technology -> Mathematics
This distribution describes the number of matches used by The Little Match Girl (below), assuming every match has the same probability of functioning correctly. (TODO: explain more) Um, we have a problem here. Most film adaptations of The Little Match Girl assume that the matches are 100% reliable (for some finite time each) and that the sole limitation on how long the Little Match Girl can see the vision of her grandmother is the number of matches available.
Dubious because: How do we write something that's humorous enough for people who aren't math geeks?
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs (wp) -- Science and technology -> Computers and Internet
Dubious because: No one actually uses this operating system for anything serious. It is unlikely that development will progress much further.
- Pon farr (memoryalpha) -- UN:REQ has no section specifically for Star Trek. Let's fix that
Vulcan mating season, or more precisely mate-or-die season
Dubious because: We already have Vulcan#Getting it on. I'm not enough of a Star Trek geek to help with this. Also, noobs are likely to violate HTBFANJS in certain ways
- Rectifier (wp) -- Science and technology -> Uncertain subsection
What does wikipedia:File:VacRect2E.png look like to you? TODO: explain more
Dubious because: Lack of popularity among non-technical people
- SecurID (wp) -- Science and technology -> Computers and Internet -> Hacking and security This request needs clarification
- Takashi Murakami (wp) -- We are missing a section on (modern) artists. Perhaps it would belong somewhere under Mass Media? Explanation pending
- Tarepanda (wp) -- Entertainment -> Uncertain subsection - perhaps mention a fictional "Sanrio vs. San-X" video game This request needs clarification
- The Little Match Girl (wp) -- Mass Media -> Literature (need to create a "Short stories" or "Fairy tales" subsection)
Dubious because: Explain more please The topic is SFW, despite what it might sound like, but what can we write that isn't unnecessarily vulgar or clichéd?
- Thunder Force (wp) -- Entertainment -> Computer and Video games
Series of shoot-em-up video games; III for the Genesis is the most well-known; also mention something about IV, known as Lightening Force [sic] in the US; perhaps compare the development history of Thunder Force VI to Duke Nukem Forever (Thunder Force VI has been released, but it is generally considered "too little, too late." Duke Nukem Forever will probably meet the same fate if/when it is released.) - Note that wikipedia:Thunder Force is about the first game in the series. Uncyclopedia should only bother with one article for the entire series.
Dubious because: Not as popular as other shoot-em-up games anymore. Non-Japanese readers might not get the humor about Thunder Force VI, nor are Japanese readers likely to be familiar with Duke Nukem Forever
- TraceMonkey (wp) -- Science and technology -> Computers and Internet -> Networking
Dubious because: Not everyone is a computer geek, and the topic runs the risk of overuse of scatological jokes (Response to objection: At the very least this could have a section in the Mozilla Firefox article. Maybe the joke could be about a monkey doing parkour)
- Tsundere, kuudere, and yandere I am still working on this explanation; please be patient - Personality types in which a person's attitude in social situations varies between between sweet/loving (-dere) and a contrasting extreme
We definitely don't need three new articles on this. Do the following:
- Tsundere should have its own article
- Mention something about kuudere in Asperger Syndrome or a related article, with redirect
- Redirect yandere to "Turkish-Japanese Conspiracy" once that is created
- XEBRA (PlayStation emulator) -- Entertainment -> Computer and Video games -> Emulation
Gamma287 said, "If you don't use Xebra, write something about its backward sister, ARBEX."
Dubious because: Quoting myself, "Wordplay alone seems insufficient to satisfy HTBFANJS"
- ↑ This wording was obtained from http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/global/article6902678.ece?slideshowPopup=true&articleId=6902678§ionName=UKScience[dead link]. It might be a slight oversimplification.
- ↑ The image on the right side of  shows constriction of the pupils as an adaptive mechanism in a Moken child.
- ↑  Pay attention especially to "Kids learn to swim before they can walk" (p. 1) and the limitations of the Moken language (p. 3).
- ↑  specifically the fact that they leave garbage in their boats instead of throwing it overboard, supposedly to prevent shark attacks
- ↑ 
edit On hold due to history of deletions
Nothing here at the moment
edit Article series
- Non-IBM-compatible 8-, 16- and 32-bit computers (Atari ST, MSX, Sharp X68000, ...)
- Intel CPUs, or maybe CPU architectures more generally