User:Orian57/UnBooks: A Comming Out Tale
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
It took me longer than most to realise who I was. It made my early teenage life hell. It was so isolating, seemingly being the only one who was “that way”. People always assumed they knew what I was like and how I should act. My dads had my whole life planned out for me but that was just not what I wanted, as much as I hated to disappoint them.
I was straight.
edit Part 1: Self-realisation
It wasn't until the first week of ninth grade that I realized the distinction between having feelings for the opposite sex rather than your own. I was in the lunch line with my fervent friends, who were having a conversation on how Brad was totally hotter than Johnny, when I saw her for the first time. At the time, I hadn't thought much about the opposite sex. All I knew was that dad and dad said they were 'really gross'. But she was different. Her lily-white skin, the amber hair that draped in a shining wrap of brown, those deep, russet eyes that shone like pearls, and the soft curvature of her body that mesmerized me so. Before I knew it, I had a boner.
One of my best friends, Pete, was the first to notice.
- "Oh. My. Gawd! Lyle has a bo-" I gave him a proper uppercut before he could finish.
Before long, I was in Principal Howard's office, and the balding little man was hunched over his desk, eyes locked on little ol' me, sunken in my chair.
- "Lyle," he said in that voice I soon learned to hate "did you punch that boy in the face?"
- "Yes, sir..."
- "Did you know the boy?"
- "Yes, sir. He's a friend of mine, or at least he used to be."
- "Oh- OH! ...I see... were you two close friends?"
- "Very. Actually, now that I think about it, the only reason I hung around him was because he would tickle my fancy every once in a while. Now I realize what he's really like. What an ass..."
- "Oh..." he said, with growing interest. "Are you jealous?"
- "Of what?"
- "Hmm? Nothing. Go on, what was your relationship like with Peter?"
- "Well, I seemed to have reached a climax my relationship with him. I'm glad I got to hit him hard, in the face, nonetheless, before I got expelled..."
- "Expelled? You couldn't be farther from the truth! I understand your dilemma, Lyle! I know how hard it is to keep a relationship like yours firm for a long time. Most people simply don't grasp the the sheer girth of a special case like yours, it's hard enough to penetrate the concept as is, Lyle. Oh, look at me, dribbling on like an old coot, go on, boy!"
- "What else is there to say? He's a well-rounded kid, but he can be a complete dick sometimes. I'm just sick of the guy riding my ass and treating me like a play-thing. He thinks he can just burst out with no warning like that and not expect me to get mad?"
- "Oh-ho-ho! Simmer down Lyle! I understand! It's hard to have a special relationship in a society like ours, I know. The wayward stares, the insecurity, the pain-"
- "Pain, sir?"
- "Anal hurts like hell, doesn't it?"
After that, big men with guns visited Mr. Howard's office. I heard lots of rumors, but suffice it to say Mr. Howard isn't my principal anymore...
I walked home that day pondering what Mr. Howard had said. "Special" relationship? What did he mean by that? I decided to ask my dads.
So there I was at the dinner table, poking at the gluten-free soy cube, when I asked my dads about the way I am for the first time.
- "Yes?", they both responded.
- "Um... "
edit Part 2: Telling Felix
edit Part 3: Against The Odds
edit Part 4: Telling Dads
"How could you do this to us! It wasn't how you were raised!" groaned Gene trying to hold back his tears.
"Dads... I meant what I said. I'm straight." I told them stubbornly.