Obamapedia has over 23,000 hope-filled, future-looking, change-centric entries, overseen by Obama's radiant smile and relentlessly positive outlook. There have been over 11,600,000 page views and over 172,000 page edits, including 4 reversions of Bush-era edits, 1,400 edits that did virtually nothing at all, 26,280 edits that caved into the Republicans and 42,800 more edit showcasing Democratic Party spinelessness and disarray...and then Obama speaks and you're suddenly in love all over again. *Swoon*
Daily Obama quote:
"A moonbeam in every pot and a unicorn in every garage."
Please read our rules here, and how we differ from the not hopeful enough Happypedia here.
Hillsdale College in Hillsdale, Michigan is a coeducational institution granting degrees including the Doctor of Reaganomics. National Review has called Hillsdale "the conservative Harvard," while
Mother Jones refers to it as "an awful place to smoke dope and get laid." It is notorious for its regularity in poking a curricular finger in the eye of government. Its Division II wrestling team plays in both the Greco-Roman and Judeo-Christian formats. Hillsdale is so God-awfully far from any expressway that going home for the weekend is as tedious as the universally mandated reading of the classics.
Hillsdale was founded as Michigan Boondocks College, as the town of Hillsdale at that point was called Spring Arbor and just as far from civilization as it is today. Hillsdale was pious before piety even became fashionable, its charter prohibiting excluding anyone from anything because of religious opinions, and being equally willing to nag Christians as heathens. Hillsdale was affiliated with the Free will Baptists, as is only Bates College in Maine, and Hillsdale remains the choice of all students who do not want to leave with a resumé listing their "Masters-Bates."
Hillsdale also prohibited race and sex discrimination, admitting African Americans (who weren't called that yet) in 1844, and in 1851 graduating Michigan's first woman student with the Spinster of Arts. In 1856, it became Michigan's largest college, as in that century learning still used to win out over creating new jobs in government.
Yesterday's Featured Article -
In the news
- Deflate-gate: Yet Another Sequel
On this day...
October 4: International Holiday In Space Day, National Day of No National Holidays (Botswana), International Zombie appreciation day
- 9000 BC - Crisis on Negative Earth 3!
- 13 - Jesus had his first wank.
- 21 - Jesus got his first mortgage.
- 1582- Gregorian Calendar is implemented, skipping straight from October 4 to October 15. This new calendar replaced the Julian Calendar, and was the final straw in a massive flame war between Julius Caesar and Pope Gregory the Great.
- 1957 - Freak traffic accident results in the launching of a motor home into space. Intergalactic cops quickly come by to ask them to keep the party noises down.
- 1980 - The 80s are back!
- 1989 - The 70s are back! \m/ - Also, Drugs-Are-Legal Day!!!
- 2004 - The First Post-It Is posted in the Post it note war.
- 2005 - Steve Ballmer claims yet another victim.
- 2006 - Colorado and Wyoming change shared border.
- 2006 - Mother Nature sinks Louisiana, New York, most of Florida and some of North Calorina
- 2006 - Texas splits into 3 pieces - Box, New Texas and Dubyaland
- 2006 - Iraq becomes New Louisiana. Nike Revolution of 2006 ends.
- 2006 - Cold War Ind. is created, becoming the first business to consist entirley of nothing, except a logo and a team of 2 young, handsome boys. Homosexuality in businesses still frowned upon.
- 2010 - Astronauts celebrate Fourth of July with salvo of fireworks, which explode in the atmosphere. Toxic dust kills millions in China.
- 2064 - The space cow is discovered. The first space cheese is made within four days.
- 2065 - NATO is recognized as the west compensating for something'
- 3000 - Duke nukem forever is released
- 3001 - Halo movie is released
| Colonization of the Week
|For the glory of her majesty|
Help us clear the ivy of crap,
and plant the seeds of humour.