From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
30 Rock is an American television show, starring Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan, Jane Krakowski, Jack McBrayer, Scott Adsit, Judah Friedlander and Alec Baldwin. It was one of the under-recognized greats in comedy television.
This show tells the story of when a black man named Tracy Jordan takes over this show called the Girlie Show, which was originally hosted by a girl, and then sexed it up and renamed it TGS with Tracy Jordan.
The idea for the show was pitched in 2002 by then-SNL writer Tina Fey. She decided that she should make a show about her experiences as a comedy writer. That's how 30 Rock was born. The name for the show within the show was decided - for protective reasons - to be called TGS with Tracy Jordan. Originally called Untitled Tina Fey Project, the title was quickly changed to 30 Rock when Fey realized that the studio at which she and her fellow SNL pitch-writers worked at was at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York City, New York, United States of America, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Gamma.
The show centered - which didn't officially air until May 15, 2006 - around the manipulative producer of a show (Fey) and the naive star (Morgan).
edit Main characters
- Liz Lemon (portrayed by Tina Fey): the protagonist and producer of TGS. A self-proclaimed "New York third-wave feminist, college-educated, single-and-pretending-to-be-happy-about-it, over-scheduled, undersexed, you buy any magazine that says 'healthy body image' on the cover and every two years you take up knitting for...a week," she represents the head of decisions, despite her contempt for the people she's working with. She doesn't actually know that Baldwin's character controls her mind and is therefore believed to be her own. She has really odd fantasies, as well as some bizarre boyfriends and one-night stands. Some of these on/off boyfriends Liz have are played by Matt Damon, Don Draper and this one British guy who claims to be Liz's "future husband." The future husband thing doesn't work out. As confirmed by the last two sentences, Liz is, despite what she appears as to be, is in fat NOT a lesbian.
- Jack Donaghy (portrayed by Alec Baldwin): the "villain" of the show. He is a proud Irishman and comes from an Irish community in the state of Massachusetts. Despite the fact that Baldwin isn't one himself, Donaghy is portrayed as a thorough-minded member of the Republican Party. Perhaps he is playing something he is in fact not, like Neil Patrick Harris playing a heterosexual player on How I Met Your Mother or Mila Kunis playing an ugly back-and-forth-obese teenager on Family Guy or Mila Kunis playing an American on That '70s Show. Jack is depicted is being the sort of pimp for Liz Lemon and controls and approves or disapproves her actions. Jack's education is inconsistent through the entire series, and it is unknown whether he went to Harvard, Yale, Princeton or Dartmouth.
- Tracy Jordan (portrayed by Tracy Jordan): The naive and vulnerable star. Tracy is what makes the show funny. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for Tracy's shenanigans, the show would barely make it to two episodes. Some of his more hilarious hi-jinks include mocking Revolutionary War re-enactment patriots while in Boston, insulting gay rights groups by saying that if he was gay he would just unzip his pants and stare at his junk all day, getting a vasectomy and while in a hallucinogenic state realize that the reason why he's life is nothing like the Cosby Show is because he's never had any daughters, trying to become an EGOT, and accidentally riding in the Cash Cab while his wife was in labor with his second child.
- Jenna Maroney (portrayed by Jane Krakowski): Liz's natural blonde best friend. She is typically depicted as a narcissistic slut with a nosejob, and who constantly looks at herself in the mirror. However, she does try to be nice to everyone else at TGS. She is a member of the sect of Kabbalah, like Madonna or Britney Spears, which might actually explain a lot about who she is as a person. She is promiscuous and has hit on all sorts of guys, most of whom are either gay or transvestite. Also, it's rumored that her nose is fake.
- Kenneth Parcell (portrayed by Jack McBrayer): he the Borat of the show. His parents were "technically brothers." He is very optimistic, Southern and usually Christian although portrayed as an atheist in one of the Christmas episodes. Most people don't listen to him, probably because he's merely a set designer, janitor and that guy who makes props. However Jenna is the only one who really listens to him. We do not know if he is gay or a-, however he has Freddy Kruegered both Tracy and Jenna's dreams, giving them with visually and emotionally disturbing "Ken-mares" with irreversible damage to their minds.
- Frank Rossitano (played by Judah Friedlander): the most frequently spoken writer at the show-within-a-show on 30 Rock. He is sarcastic, wears glasses and always wears truckers' hats with funny things on them (like "Joystick Master," "First Class," "Deleting," "Night Beast," "Mystery Solver," "Time Travel Agent," "Alabama Legsweep," "Karate Prom," "Karate Sluts," "Ninja Expert," "E.S.P. Tutor," "Arcade Champ," "Beverage Expert," Soccer," "Feelin' It," "No Comment," "Done Deal," "World Champion," "Campeon Del Mundo," "In Training," "Shower Scene," "Slobot," "Horny," "Sort of Loaded," "Former Cyclops" and "Cheese Double"). He is also extremely dirty, and is discovered on one episode that he is the most environmentally friendly person at TGS due to the fact that he never bathes and claims that a dumpster is a "salad bar". He is also extremely heterosexual, and makes the fact that he wants a woman quite clear.
- Pete Hornberger (portrayed by Scott Adsit): the only main character on this show who is sane. Some people believe his sanity may be due in part to the fact that he is bald and therefore more mature but that is merely speculation. The reason why he went bald was because he was cursed as a teenager after he accidentally ran over a Gypsy's kid with his car as a teenager. He had a brief stint with '80s hair metal band Loverboy, which really got the attention of Frank, as he loved that band. He's also the only major character other than Tracy who's in a stable relationship, even though he did knock his wife up on their first or maybe second date. What can I say, he's a dog! OOOW! OOOW! LET'S HERE IT FOR PETE THE BIG DOG!!!!! OOOOW!! OOOW OOOOW!!! HOWL AT THE MOON!!! OOOW! OOOW! ..........Sorry, I got off-topic there. Also, another funny thing that happened to Pete was that once he fell asleep in a room with melted lead in it or something, and when Ken and Jenna to fix their little accident with the linoleum light thingies, they thought they killed Pete because he was sleeping like a baby. LOL
- Dot Com (portrayed by Kevin Brown): he's the only other character on the show beside Pete who's sane. He's really smart and graduated from Wesleyan University in 1993 with flying colours (and no I don't mean color, I meant colour because that's how those academia nuts over there spell it). In one episode where Jack is trying to convince Tracy to promote John McCain, Jack reminds Tracy that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, and Dot Com reminds Jack that Lincoln would not be familiar the Republican Party of today. Isn't that the truth?
- Brian Williams (portrayed by Brian Williams): he's a fucking boss.
*NOTE: EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IS EITHER TOO BORING OR TOO UNIMPORTANT TO PUT ON THIS LIST HOWEVER THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY DON'T PLAY SOME SORT OF ROLE ON THE SHOW, BUT I DON'T CARE.
edit Recurring motifs
There are several recurring themes through the show, most notably Tracy getting everyone into trouble. Trust me, that happens a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT But anyhow, there are other strong themes, like constant self-depreciation jokes about NBC. 30 Rock makes fun of and makes constant references to NBC, sort of like how the Simpsons makes fun of and makes constant references to FOX.
- ↑ Where could you think of a title that clever?
- ↑ Better than a proud man of English descent.
- ↑ That only lonely virgin teenage boys jerk off to.
- ↑ An honorific used for people who have won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony
- ↑ This time a daughter, unlike the first time.
- ↑ Which is a Barbie name.
- ↑ VERY NICE!!!
- ↑ NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!
- ↑ And quite perversely, too.
- ↑ The actor Kevin Brown!
- ↑ Not to be confused with the University of Wesley Snipes
- ↑ America's 16th president, who was really for the freedom of slaves, for all our Australian, Canadian, British, Filipino, Belgian, Finnish, Greek and South African readers out there