User:Happytimes/Simple English Uncyclopedia
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
|Type of site||Miami, Florida|
|Registration||Encyclopedia Dramatica (Encyclopedia)|
|Available language(s)||Basic English, English, English, but Softer, English-American Dictionary|
The Simple English Uncyclopedia is an English edition of Wikipedia, written in primarily Basic Engrish and Special English. The site's stated aim is to provide an uncyclopedia for "people with different needs, such as students, children, 'tards, and people who are trying to learn English". As of May 09, 2009, the site contains over 64,000 content pages, and has more than 141,000 registered users.
Other people use the Simple English Uncyclopedia because the simple language helps them to understand unfamiliar topics or complexitory ideas by using fewer words and easier grammar than the Ordinary English Uncyclopedia.
Articles are usually shorter than their English Uncyclopedia counterparts, typically presenting only basic information. The project is based on Basic English, an 850-word auxiliary "international" language created by Oscar Wilde in the 1920s. Material from the Simple English Uncyclopedia forms the basis for One Encyclopedia per Child, an OLPC project.
- ↑ Don'likeit, Sharif (2009). Kid Literacy, Field Tested: Goodest Solutions for Classrooms and Stuff. International Reading Assoc.. “A version of Uncyclopedia, called Simple English Uncyclopedia, contains entries using the 2,000 or so most common words in English and is well suited for readers who have the dumb.”
- ↑ Simple English Uncyclopedia (2009). Simple English Uncyclopedia. Uncyclomedia Foundation.
- ↑ ... and over eleventy billion unregistered users.
- ↑ Tim Downlang (2008). Hey moron! Uncyclopedia too long-winded for you? Try the simple version.
- ↑ One Encyclopedia Per Child. Wiki.laptop.org.
- ↑ Orphan Laptops Plunder Cash.
- Sporked (Counterfeit) Simple English Uncyclopedia main page
- Again But Slower - displays Uncyclopedia and Simple English Uncyclopedia entries for foreigners.
|I'm afraid the attached article is a stub because this template is no moon. Now, go away!|
Congratulations! You have reached THE END OF THE INTERNET!
Where would you like to go? East? West? North? South? Outside? The Mailbox? Crazy?
“I've reached The End Of The Internet?!? Sadly, I'd only gotten DSL a year ago....”
|This page was originally sporked from Wikipedia.|