These are articles that were originally written by other people, which I have edited to various degrees (the articles that is, not the people).
edit Additions and Modifications
- 1830 (added section for 1835)
- Copy (reformatted, rewrote some sections, and made several additions)
- Cheese (added Did you know? infobox and Neil Innes quote)
- Democracy (added Some Other Forms of Government section)
- The Rapture (added Early-warning Detection Systems section)
- Bible (added Red Letter Editions section)
- 1 June, 1938 - Superman enters rehab for Red Kryptonite addiction.
- 2 June, 455 - The Vandals plundered Rome, forcing the admins to revert to an earlier edit.
- 2 June, 1774 - The Quartering Act, which allowed for people to be drawn and quartered, was reenacted by a small community theatre to poor reviews.
- 4 June, 1942 - The Battle of Midway begins with a surprise attack on Konami.
- 6 June, 6666 BC - Happy Birthday, Satan!
- 7 June, 1905 - Norway files for divorce from Sweden after 91 years of marriage.
- 8 June, 1949 - 35 years after starting it, George Orwell finally completes his futuristic novel Nineteen Fourty-Four.
- 13 June, 1983 - Pioneer 10 becomes the first "man-made object" to "pass the orbit" of Pluto. Uncyclopedian avoids easy Uranus joke.
- 14 June, 1994 - Homer "O.J." Simpson was chased down and arrested on suspicion of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ned Flanders.
- 20 June, 1837 - Alexandrina Victoria (pictured) begins her successful run as Queen Victoria in the West End Musical Victor Victoria.
- 22 June, 1941 - Nazi Germany invades Jane Fonda in Operation Barbarella.
- 26 June, 1963 - John F. Kennedy gives his famous "Ich bin ein Selbstgeschlechter" speech.
- 1 July, 251 - The Goths defeat the Emos at the Battle of OMFG.
- 2 July, 1900 - Led Zeppelin (pictured) gives first concert near Friedrichshafen, Germany.
- 5 July, 1687 - Isaac Newton (pictured) discovers gravity after being hit on the head by a falling fig.
- 7 July, 5.5/Apple/26 - Hovercraft (pictured) is posthumously acquitted of being full of eels.
- 18 July, 64 AD - Fiddling While Rome Burns (pictured) is invented by Nero.
- 18 July, 1835 - Bobwire is invented by Bob "Two-thumbs" McGinty.
- 19 July, 1553 - Jean Grey (pictured) is replaced as Phoenix by Queen Mary, after holding that title for just nine days.
- 19 July, 1870 – France declares war on Chef Boyardee, starting the Franco-American War.
- 20 July, 1969 - Louis Armstrong and Buzz Lightyear become the first men to do the moonwalk, when Apollo 11 splashes down in the Sea of Tranquillity.
- 25 July, 306 - Constantine I, by his troops, is Roman emperor proclaimed.
- many more (I lost track of them all)
edit Minor Edits