Oscar Wilde •
Benjamin Franklin •
Winston Churchill •
Friedrich Nietzsche was a noted German philosopher, most famous for being smitten by God with dementia at a young age, followed by a lingering, yet early death for the sin of blasphemy.
Nietzsche's numerous quotes on stuffEdit
- "A philosopher who does not belong to comedy owns at least three wives."
- "Show me a woman who wishes to marry me and I'll show you the Christian God."
- "Verily, a polluted stream is man. I should know! I pissed in it."
- "Above all, a living thing wants to discharge its load."
- "All instincts that do not discharge themselves outwardly turn inward-that's why I have a bitch follow me around to blow me 20 or 30 times a day."
- "It is possible to imagine a society flushed with such a sense of power that it could afford to let its victims eat the offenders."
- "The sick are the greatest danger for the healthy because they often spread colds and other viruses."
- "And thus spake Zarathustra - its getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes."
- "I call America the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct for revenge for which no expedient is sufficiently poisonous, secret, subterranean, petty — I call it the one immortal blemish of mankind."
- "What then is truth? A movable host of metaphors, metonymies, and; anthropomorphisms: in short, bullshit."
- "Unpleasant, even dangerous, qualities can be found in every nation and every individual: it is cruel to demand that the American be an exception. In him, these qualities may even be dangerous and revolting to an unusual degree; and perhaps the young stock-exchange American is altogether the most disgusting invention of mankind."
- "What is done out of an opium induced stupor always takes place beyond good and evil."
- "In time of peace the warlike man gets bored."
- "The only thing-in-itself is me, I am itself, it is me, me is you, and yet, there is no thing-in-itself, I am no-thing and therefore you are no-thing."