Uncyclopedia talk:Imperial Colonization/Dinosaur
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Whoops! Maybe you were looking for Uncyclopedia talk:Imperial Colonization/Science fiction to see how we did it last time?
edit Concept and development
Up until Saturday (25th Sept 2010) ideas for the current colonization,
can be hashed out here. The discussion below should be geared towards what sort of concept the article will have. All colonizers are welcome to participate in the discussion. Other things that could happen during this planning phase include deciding which participants will be working on which sections, although that is strictly optional.
Sometime Saturday the 25th or Sunday the 26th, a general outline from these ideas will be compiled and posted here.
Post your opinions and ideas for DINOSAUR below.
edit Resources to guide discussions
Through the history of colonization some things have been found to work well. For ideas on how to begin you might want to check out:
- Or a previous colonization talk page such as:
edit Article ideasI am in love and have married the pic on the right, and an idea would be to "pretend" on our page that large dino's still live among us and that humans have cut-back their habitat. So, even though they don't want to, they come into human cities sometimes to eat or buld nests. The article could address this problem from several viewpoints (Conservadumbs want to exterminate them, PETA wants to live among them in peace, etc.), which gives the article a platform to cover dino's entire history, focus on birds as dinosaurs, etc. BTW, one of my fave pages stars dinosaurs, although it is told for us non-aztec readers totally in pics and caption links. I laugh everytime I "read" it. Aleister 11:14 22 9
Ah, I recognize the photo from the annual "feed the orphans" campaign in Vietnam yes?
UU's page does have a couple of images we could use for this topic although we should stay away from the Godzilla is a dinosaur angle; everyone knows Godzilla is a giant radioactive mutant lizard (who also gets along quite nicely with dinosaurs). (Also, dinosaurs are not dragons?)
I could also see PETA being mad at the themed Jurassic Park down in southern Florida (and other like global locations) which holds the remaining North American Atlantic Coast dinos "captive" for "purely entertainment purposes." (Park officials could be having trouble breeding them.)
This take on dinosaurs looks promising, what other ideas are out there?~ Avast Matey!!! Happytimes are here!* (talk) (stalk) Π ~ ~ 23 Sep 2010 ~ 03:37 (UTC)
- Against the use of this image, for exactly the same reasons as to why it failed VFP. Good 'chop, but in any article it would automatically make me vote against for VFH. • Puppy's talk page • 00:40, June 5, 2009 Wednesday, 01:58, Oct 20 2010 UTC
- Eh, two weeks and we still hadn;t had any idea what to do yet. Except we can make it an article with some mention of Godzilla, some of the Jurassic Park, etc. |Si Plebius Dato' (Sir) Joe ang Pinoy CUN|IC Kill | 07:27, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
The article images can be found here: Category:Dinosaur_Images.
Hey all. For those who don't know, I stopped being active here to collaborate on a book, then had an accident which rendered one of my hands not too usuable. I hope things are going well, and sorry I haven't been more active but I'm spread too thin as it is. I'll try to check in, though, and make a comment or two. I do think you have a workable concept, so hope it goes great! WHY???PuppyOnTheRadio 06:41, September 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for stopping by! Hope your hand healing goes well. Look forward to your input. ~ Avast Matey!!! Happytimes are here!* (talk) (stalk) Π ~ ~ 24 Sep 2010 ~ 22:52 (UTC)
edit OH UN:IC, how your rules have gone broken....
So.... Ah, ... we've gone past the official writing time set forth in our bylaws but I guess as long as UN:LEGAL doesn't get involved we'll be alright. I think there's just too much going on in other contests (and people's real lives) right now to get full participation but I'm all for continuing on with through this next month because I think the concept is solid.
- Who's with me? Yes! Huzzah!
New nominations will start now for November and if we have to we'll start crackin' heads to keep this thing moving along until momentum picks up again. I hath spoken, it is law. (or somesuch.) ~ Avast Matey!!! Happytimes are here!* (talk) (stalk) Π ~ ~ 02 Oct 2010 ~ 02:49 (UTC)
edit What he said
It seemeth that some of the energy has run out of this behemoth, and at the moment I show up still as interim leader, so I'm taking control. I'm still not overjoyed at the use of the first image, but I'm otherwise happy to say this is a complete article and worth VFH nom, if not FA. Next step is PEEing on dinosaur, so I'm throwing this onto the queue. I'm not going to forbid alterations during that time, but I will undo major changes without communal discussion and support. • Puppy's talk page • 00:40, June 5, 2009 Wednesday, 07:21, Dec 15 2010 UTC
edit The review is in
It makes sense to me - breaking it down into dot points and removing the justifications.
- Kill opening quotes
- remove the Hitchcock documentary, and cull several of the more random jokes - sustain the suspension of disbelief.
- Trim the naked run and the "bring a dino to work day"
- I like the comparisons between dinosaurs and homosexuals... start off by talking about them slowly being accepted into society, and then go on to explain that "the only job they ever excelled in was sales".
- Incorporate footnote back into body text
- Dino history - a few nods to other near-extinction events like ice ages. Also if we can work in other well known history like the building of the pyramids in a very Fred Flintstone kind of manner, and then on to their involvement in the first world war (Parallel with the introduction of flight)
- Proofreeding and formatting
- Images - remove the Menagerie breeding farm and lightsabres
If there's anything I've missed let me know. I'll take on a bit more of this in the new year, but currently suffering from lack of 'nets - an ongoing issue which should be fixed by the 5th Jan - but I'm still interested in getting this done and - hopefully - featured. I've also considered deeply the role of the last few caretaker users for this - including myself - and intend to wind back a few of the changes that have been made to the colonisation process, so hopefully we can get this on track a little better. • Puppy's talk page • 00:40, June 5, 2009 Friday, 05:37, Dec 31 2010 UTC
I think there's some good stuff here, but I didn't find this section funny. Also I can't understand what some of the sentences, especially at the beginning, are supposed to mean. I'll try to make grammar fixes, but really I think this section could use a complete rewrite. WHY???PuppyOnTheRadio 00:30, March 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Black flamingo said he liked the stuff about the dino sex bible. We may want to keep that. -- 00:36, March 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I didn't do the cut, but have another question. The dinosaur skeletons looking at dinosaurs mating. Do we want no caption, or the caption, "Paleontologist Isaac Clarke astonished the world with his evidence that pornography gave even dead dinosaurs a boner." WHY???PuppyOnTheRadio 01:27, March 22, 2011 (UTC)
- The caption takes away from the pic, limits it when by standing along it's worth 1,000 words and not just 17. Aleister 1:29 22-3-'11
I thought parts of the PETA section were great, parts had poor grammar or confusing wording, and some parts weren't funny. Aleister liked some of the changes, but thought some weren't helpful and made the section too long. Feel free to edit to improve. WHY???PuppyOnTheRadio 02:45, March 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I added some stuff. What do you think? -- 03:10, March 22, 2011 (UTC)
edit Vietnamese Dinosaur Children
First, the written purpose of Imperial Colonization is not to get an article featured; it's to find an article on a popular topic that's in bad repair and repair it even if that means starting from scratch.
Second, getting articles featured may be just an extra, but it's still kinda cool.
Several people are not happy with the dinosaur chasing Vietnamese children image Vietnam T-Rex.png. You can see Puppy's comments above (he may well have changed his mind in the intervening six months, but at the time he said he'd vote against the article on the basis of the image alone). Also see discussion at http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Uncyclopedia:VFP/Failed/archive15#File:Vietnam_T-Rex_.28history.2C_logs.29
edit Dinosaur Beach
On a related note to the above, the pic Dinasaurbeach.jpg was just added. I like the image fine, but think it would be better placed somewhere else in the article. Of course placement could vary depending upon whether we keep the Vietnamese Dinosaur Children image. What think, Colonizers? WHY???PuppyOnTheRadio 07:17, March 22, 2011 (UTC)
- YOU MUST KEEP THE CHILDREN ONE! SERIOUSELY! But mine too, seriously, it took me over 2 hours. :) --
07:39, March 22, 2011 (UTC)
- That or I make an unbook based on dinasaurs chasing humans and snatch these two images then! -- 07:42, March 22, 2011 (UTC)