Uncyclopedia:Writer of the Year
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Alrighty, people, it's the big one. The Booker Prize of Uncyclopedia, just like Writer of the Month, but for the whole year. It's the coveted Uncyclopedia Writer of the Year page!
To be nominated:
- You cannot nominate yourself, but you can vote for yourself if you
are feeling greedylike.
- You must have written some articles. This goes without saying, dummy.
- You must be alive.
- Winners announced at the end of January. Probably.
- A place in the Hallowed halls of Uncyclopedia for all time.
- A shiny template.
- "Respect" of your peers.
- A smack on the head from everyone else.
- Savethemooses (2005)
- Hardwick Fundlebuggy (2006)
- The Thinker (2007)
- Modusoperandi (2008)
- Hyperbole (2009)
- Aleister (2010)
- Black flamingo11 • Sog1970 (2011)
Nominations for 2012
- Nom & For With 14 features in 2012 plus an amazing 70 UnNews articles Funnybony is at the top of his game. His imaginative unique twists on the news have set the pace for the UnNews team, and his amazingly worded articles stretch the space/time continuum. Yet I'm supporting Funnybony because he polishes his 533 pages (dats right, 533 pages, check out his user page if'un you don't 'lieve me) like a master jeweler polishes his prized stones, and he perfects his work for months or even years. The title "Writer of the Year" is no laughing matter, which is why Funnybony laughs at it. Aleister 1:53 1-1-'13
- Funnybony quietly writes mountains of good and funny articles and is a GREAT collaborator. He spits out 25 articles in the time it takes me to agonize over and polish one of my own. I wish I could write as prolificly, confidently, consistantly and funny as he does. -- 04:41, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- For. It is about time that Uncyclopedia's true star receives this recognition. Without his contributions, UnNews would have long ago curled up and died for want of others taking care. Funnybony is here for the love of writing and making other people laugh. He is also a great team player , a genuine 'collaborator' (in the positive sense) with many writers here. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 12:38, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- For Prolific, funny and at the top of his game. --mAttlobster. (hello) 12:44, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- For Because he's the best. • Puppy's talk page • 09:28 24 Jan
- For Between surfing and psychedelic music, I've enjoyed this writer's work. --Imrealized ...hmm? 16:29, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Nom & SpiritualFor With the most featured articles in 2012 (18.5), a trainload of saves, and a dripping but literally tireless helping hand always extended for new and experienced writers both, SPIKE is an invaluable resource for a site he obviously loves. He's one of our treasures, and is well deserving of this award. Aleister 1:53 1-1-'13
- I succumb to the might of Spike--Sir Peasewhizz de New York (Chat) (Stalk?) 03:33, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- For - Most features in one year is an amazing feat. There Isn't Any reason I shouldn't vote for him. -- Kip > Talk • Works • • 07:54, Jan. 1, 2013
I told myself years ago that, no matter what, I would always vote for Spike. And this time is no exception.The only reason Spike has any less articles is because he spends a major portion of his time helping MANY others. And He is certainly Come Back of the Year after a looong period. I'm really glad he came back. Spike was one of my first mentors here. And it took a bit of practice but I finally realizedguessed/wondered that behind Spike's dry, even despicably mean words on a computer screen is a sincerejoker. He actually takes time to read other articles and then formulate good constructive advice. And he does so sincerely, without malice,even though others might misunderstand him orfeel offended and try to insult him. But insults rarely phase him, and he keeps on offering genuine and well thought-out advice. I really feel happy just to be nominated. But I have to vote for Spike. Happy New Year of the Spike!!!--Funnybony 13:22, Jan 1
- Nom nom nom - What can I say? He crawled up my arse and into my heart. -- Kip > Talk • Works • • 07:25, Jan. 1, 2013
Boner. - I'm feeling greedy tonight Motherfucker!--Sir Peasewhizz de New York (Chat) (Stalk?) 17:26, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- For.- I like the way he writes articles. MagicBus (talk) 11:46, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Metaphysical E+ for enthusiasm.--Funnybony 18:50, Jan 7
- He may be temporarily dead, but Xamralco showed us for much of 2012 what the bright future of Uncyc could have looked like. His articles were snappier, punchier, and wittier than anyone else could muster, and about as well-crafted as anything that a Procopious or Fundlebuggy might have made six years ago. It's no coincidence that most of his features this year claimed top spots in Of the month and the PLS. In terms of quality, Xam stood heads and shoulders above the competition in 2012, no contest. -- 10:20, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- For. Because, as TKF put it quite neatly above, we all suck monkey asses compared to this guy. GUN SotM UotM PMotM UotY PotM WotM 17:15, 1 January 2013
- TKF wrote like the demon he is and threw down 15.5 features in 2012, single-handidly chased away the Aztec prophets, and gave us some boners, all in the name of caring for and contributing very good writing to uncyclopedia. TKF is also a great teacher of comedy here on the site - his many lessons and tips are all available online (right on his user page,under "Humor Theory"). Long may he live large from the lily pad, and write about it! Aleister 11:36 1-1-'12
For.--Sir Peasewhizz de New York (Chat) (Stalk?) 17:27, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- This fag should have won years ago. -- 02:25, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Boner. 03:35, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Nom +
For.--Sir Peasewhizz de New York (Chat) (Stalk?) 17:31, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Romartus is another well deserving nom. As far as I can tell all his pages should be featured. He has helped many writers with their pages as well, me included, and helped us to be featured with his advice and additions. Then there's what I call "The Epic" that he and Zarbag put together and which hopefully will be featured this year and in place for article of the year. Aleister 16:17 3-1-'13
- Big Metaphysical FOR - I voted for ROMY as UOTY--Funnybony 18:54, Jan 7
- Nom + For.--Sir Peasewhizz de New York (Chat) (Stalk?) 17:27, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you, that was nice. But not only was I not here for the better part of seven months - ducking in once in awhile - but this is a one time award imnho, and I already snuck in a couple of years ago on a fluke, a handjob, and quite a few pieces of eight, I'll tell you that in strict confidence my friend. Aleister 18:14 1-1-'12
|Awards, Decorations and Honours|
|Awards||Order of Uncyclopedia · Awards, Decorations and Honours · Admin Rank · Ninjastars
|Writer of the Month · Uncyclopedian of the Month · n00b of the moment |
Potatochopper of the Month
|Limelight||VFH · VFP · Best of · Top Ten: 2005 · 2006 · 2007 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · Hall of Shame
|Prix citron||Useless Gobshite of the Month · Useless Gobshite of the Year · Sandwich of the Month · FFS
|Events citron||Poo Lit Suprise · Aristocrat's Turkey Day Ball · The Article Whisperer|
Happy Monkey Competition · Other competitions