Uncyclopedia:What You Can Do
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
So much to be done...where to start? As a waste basket, Uncyclopedia relies on the idiocy of its contributors and their passion with menial slave labor designed to be done by monkeys. Fortunately, you came along and saved us the trouble of having those monkeys peeled off of the general's wife and bringing them here!
- Play around in the sandbox.
- Review someone's article
- Are you more of a reviewer than a writer? You can help out too! Head on over to Pee Review and help others out by giving constructive criticism on their article.
- Spruce up an article that is in disrepair
- Handy with formatting? Help out an ugly article.
- Good at adding links? Help out a deadend or red link article.
- For an extra challenge, expand a short article, or fix up one that could use some help.
- Proofread an article
- Let's face it, writing good articles and having good spelling and grammar don't always go hand in hand. You can help by looking through the list of articles in need of a proofreading and giving it the old spelling and grammar check.
- Rewrite an article
- There are many, many articles wanting a loving home. You can save them! Just browse through the list and if a title catches your eye, rewrite it so hard it won't know what hit it.
- Help out a stuck article
- There are plenty of authors who can't finish what they started, the ones who admit to being stuck need your help today! These articles sit while the rest of us dish out witty humor 24/7, so put your unsticking ability to work!
StealBorrow someone else's idea
- Sometimes people have an idea, but they're too lazy to write anything. So they dump the responsibility on you. Are you going to be a man and rise to the challenge? Huh? HUH?!?
- For the VERY charitable
- ICUs are new articles which will need a lot of help if they are to survive. Kinda like children with terminal cancer. Together, you can find a cure, and give the gift of life to articles which otherwise wouldn't have had it.
- Make a friend
- These pages are lonely. Nobody loves them or wants to link to them. You can force other pages to be their friends! Bribe them or threaten to beat their faces in, whatever it takes!
- Create some pictures
- If you have image manipulation or creation talent, go fulfill some image requests.
- How about adding pictures? These articles need some pictures added. Perhaps search for some unused images at the image gallery or the unused image list.
But that's not all
- Award someone
- Here's a list of awards that you can either give to someone or nominate them for, if you feel they've done something worthy of it. Feeling generous? Don't be shy! Let them know what you think!
- These pages don't know where they belong. Help them find their path home. Use the Map. If you're logged in, enable HotCat in your settings and use it to the limit!
Also if you have a VERY large attention span categorise some of these
- Move pages of overly populated categories into subcategories.
- If you want to find out how we decide which articles and pictures are featured on the front page, check out VFH and VFP. Basically, we vote for them. Anyone can vote. Especially you!
- Take out the trash
- We here at Uncyclopedia are dedicated to humour, satire and generally funny things. Surprisingly to some people, the same name spammed over hundreds of pages does not make it funny.
- Chuck Norris, Oscar Wilde, Steve Ballmer, Samuel L. and Kanye West are not funny in every context. We don't want their names mentioned in every article for no good reason.
- You can help by removing such unfunny and irrelevant references where you see them.
- We know this is horrible slave work. Please only do it if you are bored and/or have no friends, but what the fuck, just do it - or else!
- Note: Good Oscar Wilde quotes have always had their place in Uncyclopedia. Feel free to delete the worse ones, but if in doubt, just leave the poor things be.
- Get a job
- Rather than sitting at home at 2 in the afternoon pissing time away on Uncyclopedia.
- Do your homework!
- Colleges these days don't accept featured articles as credits. Crazy, isn't it? And remember, if you do your English homework, your article may not end up here.
- Become a hooker!
- Murder hookers!
Some More Things To Do
- A few of the pages in Category:Things are just put there by certain individuals because they are too lazy to find the actual category that the page should be in. All that needs to be done is for the category to change from things to the correct category depending on what page it is.
- Adopt a N00b with the Uncyclopedia:AAN Foundation.
|Name of fix||Ugly or Cleanup||Fix||WIP||Expand||ICU|
|Problem||Bad formatting||Bad execution||Work in progress||Needs to be expanded||New, lots of work required|
|Length||Medium||Long||Medium or long||Medium or long||Very short|
|What you do||Sectionalize, order||Take out crap, make coherent||Finish it!||Finish it!||Flesh out concept and add images|
|Difficulty||In your sleep||Easy||Medium||Medium||Hard|
|Idea, material, execution||Good idea, good material, bad execution||Good idea, OK material, bad execution||Good idea, some material, not finished||Good idea, has potential, but needs more||Some idea, little material, execution needs work|