Uncyclopedia:Votes for deletion/old
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Please remember to sign your votes and edits! Signed votes are more credible.
Multiple votes on the same entry from one person (that is, one using puppet accounts) is considered agenda-pushing and is frowned upon.
For pages that are created as a form of vandalism, or that are plagiarized, use QuickVFD.
For archived discussions, see the Archived VFD Discussions.
If you edit VFD disruptively, you will be banned without warning. That sort of behaviour is annoying and unnecessary.
SysOps, please check the page history before deleting if you see something like it suspiciously changed titles. And please archive old entries when they start to clutter up the page; also, create a new archive page when the one in use gets ridiculously big.
Latest candidate goes on top:
Apparently copied from English-American Dictionary, with the language references switched around. A slightly funny idea, but it's just going to get outdated as people edit the much more popular English-American dictionary. --Mr2001 02:50, 27 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- How about elgooG-ing it, including the E-A page as a template, but displayed in reverse? Hooloovoo 03:15, 27 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Keep E-A D may be more popular but it still gets a fair ammount of edits/traffic and has managed to stay reasonably in sync, also due to it's nature there are some diffrent jokes. Maybe just make the links more explicit.--Elvis 05:27, 27 Jul 2005 (UTC)
I don't see why they couldn't be merged so as to include both American and English usages in one page. --Spintherism 05:35, 27 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Huffed --Rcmurphy 23:34, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Unvanity cruft with a lot to learn about sarcasm. Hooloovoo 19:13, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete Ah, another "HE IS TEH GHEY" specimen. One of the Seven Unfunny Humors. --Rcmurphy 19:45, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC) I haven't made the other six up yet.
Disembowel GRAGGHKH NO LIKE. GRAGGHKH SMASH! --Flammable 19:56, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete --Cheeseboi 20:04, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Burn, piss on ashes, and stir --TheLibrarian 21:36, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
I'm new here and even I can tell it's not funny --Bigrich 22:58, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete Everything but "It has also been known to destroy Portugal every two years," and stick that somewhere else because it's funny. --Spintherism 23:19, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Never mind, I added that part to Laws of thermodynamics. Go ahead and kill it. --Spintherism 23:24, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Kicked in face --Rcmurphy 23:35, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
What the minky doodle is that about? Hooloovoo 19:08, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete Did it not occur to Mr. 18.104.22.168 that removing VFD tags is frowned upon? I mean, seriously. Uncyclopedia may be chaos, but THERE IS AN ORDER TO THE MADNESS! --Rcmurphy 19:58, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete what a douche--TheLibrarian 21:34, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete subject appears to be non-notable, likely an acquaintance of whomever wrote this mess. --Carlb 22:25, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete (Just adding my vote to lubricate the cogs of inevitable deletion.) --Spintherism 23:15, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Obvious reasons.. --Cheeseboi 14:55, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
P.S. If that page is also essential to Uncyclopedia, blame my relative n00bness, please. Otherwise just delete the page like I asked you to.
- Weak keep. I think it can be redeemed, adding a bit more chaos into the mix, and reflecting on the differences between the page deletion process at WP and this one. In short: whack it in the head with a clue-by four? It wouldn't ruin my sleep if it were gone, though. Hooloovoo 20:09, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Move to project namespace Or Famine will just recreate it anyway, we all know what a vandal he is :-) --Elvis 05:30, 27 Jul 2005 (UTC)
I'm not an effing vandal. STFU biatch. And whoever deleted this, I'm gonna ban j000! --Famine 12:52, 27 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Gone --Famine 13:01, 25 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete - it's in spanish (I think) it's all bold, it's not in style, and just seems like complete BS --TheLibrarian 09:39, 25 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete - Yes, it is BS. It is actually in Romanian and has no connection with Uganda whatsoever. No humour or style either, for that matter. --22.214.171.124 12:49, 25 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Not that it's unfunny, more that it's really, really sick. --Cheeseboi 22:24, 24 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Overruled. --PantsMacKenzie 01:00, 25 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Overruled? That should be Overruled, washed, rinsed and hung out to dry. Kitten huffing is a cornerstone of Uncyclopedia. It'd be like removing Oscar, the Stub template, or Mr. T. God, I need me an orange one after this shit... --Famine 01:22, 25 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Kitten Huffing is one of the formative articles of Uncyclopedia. It's been around since mid-February, has the most views of any entry and probably the most links to it as well (outside links and wikilinks alike). If it is deleted the very fabric of Uncyclopedia would unravel. And the underground kitten trade would take a serious hit. (Famine, I wrote this while you were making your edit. The similarities between our comments are rather eerie, no?) --Rcmurphy 01:26, 25 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- You didn't get the other half of batch #1652 did you? Because my last order is definitely missing one of the two boots of the "two boots, three calico, one black, two tan, and two orange". I have to say, I'm a sucker for the variety pack. And it definitly would explain the similarities. Or else, we both must have been here once before. Did I bump into you are the Annual BBQ? --Famine 01:49, 25 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Oops. It's either n00b idiocy or just that I like cats. No harm done, right? --Cheeseboi 19:10, 25 Jul 2005 (UTC)
At least you were good enough to post here before doing soemthing liek blanking it.--Flammable 05:21, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Um, wouldn't huffing all of the orange ones break the Stub template? --Carlb 23:10, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- I thought the Stub template was powered by the souls of orange ones and thus needed more to be huffed than normal ones?--Elvis 05:32, 27 Jul 2005 (UTC)
I believe that is correct. The more we huff, the streatcher the vagina related article becomes. Thus, once again proving the age-old adage, "everything in moderation". --Famine 12:55, 27 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Keep It's no better or worse than most other year pages. --Spintherism 22:08, 21 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Umm thanks (I think....) 126.96.36.199 02:09, 22 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Garbage--Jondel 05:26, 20 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Now may I wash my hands of this?You may now sing its praises. --Carlb 00:08, 22 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Looks much better!--Jondel 01:23, 23 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete. It's shameful, I tell you! Shameful!--Spintherism 17:49, 22 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Rewritten. --Rcmurphy 14:30, 24 Jul 2005 (UTC)
This is just crap, IMO. --Codeine 20:03, 13 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Delete/Maybe Rewrite --Spintherism 04:58, 14 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Complete Rewrite I can think of something else I could put in its place. --IMBJR 11:23, 14 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Rewrite & Expand --DWIII 22:36, 14 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Nomad 12:40, 3 Jul 2005 (UTC)
--Nomad 15:03, 5 Jul 2005 (UTC)
--Cap'n Ben 15:30, 5 Jul 2005 (UTC) Not that I think my vote will be necessary to get these crapfests killed.
Delete Seems like a complete nonsense --Mirage 15:53, 2 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Someone disagrees with you. ;) --Rcmurphy 15:58, 2 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- It is a pretty good article just in lithuanian language :) Nomad 12:39, 3 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- This article is so good that it can be used as a start of a lithuanian Uncyclopedia branch :-) Anyway, someone who wrote it was stupid enough to write it in Lithuanian. --Tractor 19:13, 3 Jul 2005 (UTC)
For articles like Finikieciai, I've been handling this by:
- adding the language code (in this case) to the start of the title
- moving the article to the appropriate category (Category:Lt: in this case)
- linking to the article from the main page, which in turn is linked from the complete list of Uncyclopedias
Nonetheless, the language barrier is still problematic as we don't even have machine translation for, let alone any long-time users or admins who are familiar with the language. At least and secrets can usually be babel fished out with a fair amount of patience for the folks who don't speak them all. --Carlb 00:57, 4 Jul 2005 (UTC)This Uncyclopedia, started in 2005, currently contains 31,031 articles. Uncyclopedias are being written in many languages:
|Pagecount statistics listed above were updated on September 3, 2014.|
Delete Generic and unfunny----The Werle 23:27, 29 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Delete --Spintherism 23:29, 29 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Merge this and assorted bits and stubs linked here, like Pinko_Commie_Revolt_of_1992, which pertain to The Presidential Battle Royale of 1975 into The Presidential Battle Royale of 1975. --Carlb 16:45, 30 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Keep most of the pages are more than the standrd stubby one liners and they are all consistant with one another, I also think it's quite good (although Decepticon and Predacon parties could do with some bulking, I might look into sporking something from our better half's. --Elvis 10:45, 2 Jul 2005 (UTC)
At least change the images of those articles. The predacons most definately didnt use the Autobot insignia. --Nytrospawn 01:27, 5 Jul 2005 (UTC)
Keep I have added much more content to the page, so don't delete it.
Keep Me and my freind are still working on this. We are adding content, its a bit soon to go for deletion. Rangeley
A whole long list of fragments and substubs (see also discussion on Uncyclopedia:Village_Dump#Current_Romanian_vs_World_War); any hope of being able to combine them into some larger article in category:Romania or just huff 'em?
- Benone Sinulescu
- Dracula Escu (we already have Dracula, Vlad Drakul, Vlad the Impala...)
- Lucian Madean
The last three are just bad and should be deleted. --Repairman Jack 09:40, 25 Jun 2005 (UTC)
delete the last three --The Hedgehog 01:44, 26 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Oh drats, I misread and thought you said deface the last three... oh well, too late now ;) --Carlb 17:13, 27 Jun 2005 (UTC)
I kinda like the "I'm George Zimmer and I guarantee it running gag, but it IS overly explicit, could be rewritten, keep the running gag, just have him going into weirder and weirder situtations, not all sexual.--slack 13:49, 23 May 2005 (EDT)
Rewrite to remove the excessive and explicit quotes. --Repairman Jack 11:27, 24 May 2005 (EDT)
Delete Ugh, just kill it. --Rcmurphy 02:19, 18 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Rewrite I like the running joke, but the situations suck.
Delete I'm not sure George Zimmer is a worthwhile object of parody, although I'd have held my tongue if the article were even funny. --DrAwesome 05:15, 12 Jul 2005 (UTC)