From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Revision as of 22:01, February 3, 2013 by ChiefjusticeDS
- Two votes per user – Against votes are not permitted – overly long comments discussing the pros and cons of each candidate will be deleted.
- No further nominations are permitted.
- Users will observe rule 2 at all times, failure to do so will result in any votes cast being removed and a ban until VFS is over.
- Voting will end at midnight (UTC) on February 3rd - Closed 2 hours early as part of my commitment to getting to sleep at a reasonable hour.
Votes for Sysops (2 positions, 2 votes per user.)
Nomination details, struck out nominations, and pre polling votes recorded here. Pre-polling votes not included below (unless the voter moves them across).
- For. -- 07:54, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- forHas gone from a troll who played games with me in a previous life on the wiki to a user I trust. -- 21:22, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- For. Has gone from a game I trusted to a troll in my previous life. Still for. --Imrealized ...hmm? 19:37, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
- "Spiritual Yay!" If it were me deciding I'd just name all four of them admins right now. Then we'd be in good shape. Aleister 21:07 28-1-'13
- For. User:Madclaw/sig 21:26, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- For. Puppy would be a great admin, and his knowledge of the site and its inner and outer workings make him well qualified, and he cares for this site and the two others related to it. His adminship would be worth its weight in gold. Aleister 00:19 22-1-'13
- For. Puppy got into some scrapes awhile back as can be checked in the archives. He can be abrasive but then that hasn't been a disqualification and when Users become admins, they normally temper their own opinions and I think he can do that. He is also a 'techie' when I openly admit that is something I know virtually nothing about and is a very useful compliment to those admins who will look after this site. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 07:43, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- FOR Has written some of the best articles ever. mAttlobster. (hello) 08:23, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- For.--Funnybony 10:55, Jan 22
- For. per above. --Mn-z 13:51, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- For. --Sir Peasewhizz de New York (Chat) (Stalk?) 00:07, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- For. "I'm just waiting until the month is over, and continuing to do everything the exact same way I have been." Puppy, consoling Meganew. Indeed; he has been adminning--patrolling, reverting, welcoming, and post-editing; frequently and continually from his peculiar time-zone since a couple days after the Fork, although without the final call, and the result has not been a crap-storm but has helped preserve the website in a difficult time. 13:05 29-Jan-13
- Spiritual for. If it hadn't been for last year's VFS, I'd be "for".
- For.His technical knowledge has been more than useful in administrating the mirror, and though I had some reservations about the way he handled himself on the fork, I believe he can be impartial here, and loyal to the needs of this wiki. I just hope he starts writing more articles soon and adminship might impair that. That's the only reason I didn't vote for him last time he was up for nomination here. So my second vote goes to Pup. -- 06:27, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
- The strongest, most honest, most humble candidate of the bunch. Should be a shoo-in. Can you tell that this is a "For" now? -- 04:43, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- For. Easily the only suitable candidate. 05:38, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- For IMFAO Easily the best candidate here. One of the few individuals proven to be able to bridge two wikis having been instrumental in getting the mirror site into shape. • Puppy's talk page • 09:38 22 Jan
- For. -- 22:47, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
- For. Indisputably the most likable and, more importantly, the most responsible and trustworthy of the bunch. My second vote was going to be for StupidBunny (though his nom seems to have mysteriously disappeared). If anyone had bothered to look beyond his username and the upper half of his userpage, they would've recognized him as a sensible, responsible user. That he is not one of the high-profile loud voices that often get involved in drama can only be seen as something positive (and this also goes for Simsilikesims). As for the other candidates, I see Aimsplode genuinely trying to be a good admin and genuinely failing at it. Puppy sometimes makes big decisions, only offering an explanation once people ask him "WTF are you doing Puppy?", which can become a problem if he's made an admin (though if he assures me that he'll seek input from the community before taking big admin decisions, I'll take his word for it). Spıke has a history of being rigid, formalistic, methodical and austere. He's not always easy to converse with due to the disconnected and sometimes confusing way he phrases things as well his a-bit-more-often-than-occasional disregard towards common courtesy. He also has some controversial views on what parts of the site ought to be and (more to the point) ought not to be funny. I think Spıke's a nice guy to have interesting arguments with about all kinds of topics, but I have my doubts on how suitable he is for adminship. Don't get me wrong, all of the nominees may turn out to be great admins, but that they may doesn't mean that they will. GUN SotM UotM PMotM UotY PotM WotM 13:29, 26 January 2013
- For Knowledgeable, friendly and polite. Long-time Uncyclopedian in very good standing who has a history of taking a very selfless approach to editing and contributing. Logs onto IRC a reasonable amount, pops into most important forum discussions, and knows the community well. Also has sysop experience on at least one other wiki. - 07:52, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- For. I like for. --Imrealized ...hmm? 19:37, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
- YesI like the smell of his body after he showers on a hot summer day and the smell of Johnsons and Johnsons baby oil wafts in the air. -- 21:04, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
- For. --Sir Peasewhizz de New York (Chat) (Stalk?) 00:06, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- She is uncontroversial, non-confrontational, and hard-working. I would've voted for Pup, but he is... the opposite of those things, on occasion. Sorry Pup.
- For. User:Madclaw/sig 21:24, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- For. My loyalty to the Mother Ship is in the change log: I have been patrolling and contributing to mainspace before and after 5-Jan and have not logged into or edited the fork. I would gladly let anyone else have the job but would judge other candidates--and voters--on this standard of loyalty and activity. I have greeted and advised new users in good faith but have had strong words for trolls and vandals. I have always given clear reasons for my edits and my votes. 00:16 22-Jan-13
- For. What Spike said. Aleister 00:21 22-1-'13
- For - Nothing would please me more than to see ol' Spike be a top Keebler elf in the decaying stump that is UncycloWikia. -- Kip > Talk • Works • • 03:02, Jan. 22, 2013
- For.I have known SPIKE for sometime on this wiki and I don't recognise this person as so described. This is all very personal by way of attacks and all irrelevant for this site now. The community that preferred to devote most or all of their time at the Wikia Uncyclopedia should be free to choose who they want as Sysops. If you want to burn SPIKE or Puppy or anyone else in effigy, there is another Uncyclopedia to go to. All users have the freedom to choose in my opinion. --RomArtus*Imperator ITRA (Orate) ® 07:08, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- For. His loyalty to Wikia is unquestionable. I'm not sure what else is even required of an admin. -- 03:25, January 23, 2013 (UTC)
- For. Mature, loyal to this wiki, and able to take tough positions and stick with them. I would like to see him be friendlier to new people, but hopefully that will improve with time if we're lucky. Also frequently on the wiki enough to do the necessary maintenance and vandal-fighting. My only concern is that he may mistake a new or confused person for a troll. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Simsilikesims (talk • contribs)
- For.--Funnybony 09:17, Jan 23
- For. serious vote. --Mn-z 14:53, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
- For Legend. mAttlobster. (hello) 19:10, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
- For. Has intricate knowledge of the wiki and community. Has high standards for comedy, and for how things should be run. No nonsense, gets right down to the point. Been a trusted and respected maintenance jocky for ages, and appears to care deeply about the welfare of the site. - 01:36, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- He has the will, he has the energy, he has the desire. I say give it to him.
- For. ll four nominees would make a fantastic admin. Sims has proven herself time and again to me on the mirror, as well as her work here. M-z already is an admin. Spike is constantly patrolling and putting energy into everything. And I'm as cute as a button. So I'd vote for all of them. So I'm voting with the foregone conclusions, and whatever gives me the least amount of work to do. • Puppy's talk page • 02:34 30 Jan
- For. --Snippy 21:14, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
(Not really) votes for 'crats
Visit Uncyclopedia talk:VFS for non voting discussion