Help:User access levels
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- Based on Wikia:Help:User access levels
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can view articles on Uncyclopedia, there are certain technical restrictions imposed at each level of the user hierarchy.
Unregistered users (commonly referred to as IPs, or soulless vanity whores), have the ability to:
- Shit themselves laughing at any of the material here on Uncyclopedia
- Edit unprotected pages
- Create an account (thus providing them with a soul)
edit Logged-in users
- Automated list: Special:Listusers
After creating an account and being delivered a courteous yet impersonal welcome, logged-in users can:
- Upload images
- Maintain a watchlist
- Customise how they see Uncyclopedia using Special:Preferences.
Creating an account is free, and only requires a username and password (but we still recommend you donate, or the site will eventually be forced by Jimbo Wales to make you pay for membership).
edit Autoconfirmed users
Logged-in users who have managed not to get banned are given the 'autoconfirmed' user right after four days. These users can move pages, do c@ptcha triggering actions without having to go through the c@ptcha, and edit semi-protected pages.
edit Emailconfirmed users
A user with a confirmed email address can enable email messages from other users, and can request lost passwords in the event of gross stupidity or a hacker accessing their account and changing the password thus immediately preventing them using it.
Users in the Rollback group have the ability to automatically revert vandalism edits back to the most recent non-vandalized version. Revisions can only be manually undone one at a time, but rollback will undo all edits of a single user at once, reverting the page to the last time someone else edited it. Rollback doesn't magically detect vandalism, so it must be used with care in order to avoid accidentally removing legitimate edits.
They can also patrol your edits and have their own edits patrolled automatically, ain't that somethin'?!
Normal users that have their edits patrolled automatically.
- Main article: Beginner's Guide/Acceptable admins
- Automated list: Special:Listusers/sysop
- Active Admins: UN:AA
- Ban you, if you disrupt the site, they are displeased with you, or if they are bored (true!)
- Unban you, if feeling merciful, or if you have bitched to another admin about "abuse"
- Huff (delete) pages that are embarrassing, unfunny, or compromise national security
- Hack up pages that may have been wrongfully huffed by a fellow admin suffering from PMS
- Restrict editing or moving of a page to autoconfirmed users or other administrators
- Quickly revert vandalism and other dickery using [rollback]
- Edit pages in the MediaWiki namespace, which affect how the site is displayed.
- Main article: Uncyclopedia:Bureaucrats
- Automated list: Special:Listusers/bureaucrat
- Active Bureaucrats: N/A
Bureaucrats are administrators with the ability to:
- Spawn administrators and bureaucrats using Special:Makesysop
- Grant users real rollback rights, if they were so inclined (only on editors who have been here for a minimum of one month).
Fire breathing monsters with the ability to destroy
the world Uncyclopedia, Wikia Staff are lazy, apathetic, and vengeful friendly, kind users who are here to help.
In a large community with many active administrators such as Uncyclopedia, Staff don't often have much to do. Don't do a thing to change this.
The abilities of staff are not widely known, but Mongolian spies have determined that staff can:
- Block, protect, and delete; just like administrators
- Spawn administrators, bureaucrats, janitors and staffers (don't bother asking, you'll get banned)
- Remove these rights when bored or feeling vengeful
- Lock the database (preventing editing or log entries)
- View the IP used by any user
- Track cross-wiki vandals and spammers and burn them down with a single huff
embarrassing family secretspersonal information from pages
- Rename you to shithead, or perhaps some other name if you ask nicely.