Address Change: Return To Sender?
For those of you with your heads buried in the sand, or who choose to concentrate on writing articles, or who don't ever look at address bars, or who don't care: Uncyclopedia's domain name has been changed by evil communist oppressors Wikia.
If you are one of those people, here's a brief summary of the incident:
- Sannse tells us Wikia have decided the domain is changing. We don't get any say in the matter, but do get to suggest ideas for the new name. Lucky us. Fuck.Wikia.Com is a popular suggestion with all except Wikia. Lots of people get angry, Zombiebaron sticks his undead head in briefly, Codeine adds a Bill Hicks clip railing against the evils of advertising, lots of people sign a petition threatening something vague if the change goes ahead.
- The change goes ahead. There follows an uncoordinated response, during which some users go on strike and do nothing, some users open the wiki up to vandalism, and some users get pissed off about it.
- The UnSignpost goes on strike for a week in solidarity, and doesn't, for example, miss another week due to the laziness of editors. Oh no.
- The change is of such profound magnitude, it even brought Mooses out of self-imposed exile. Briefly. Sort of.
- The community decides an uncoordinated response isn't working, and tries to get its shit together. There are even attempts to elect a Cabal to deal with the issues. The self-defeating nature of attempting to establish an Uncyc Cabal is not lost on some.
- Skullthumper solves the problem. Sort of.
If you aren't one of those people, here's an even briefer summary:
More on this ongoing situation as we get it. Probably.
Glorious return to form for MrN!
The UnSignpost is pleased to be able to report that, after a two-month self-imposed embargo, popular poopsmith MrN9000 has made a glorious return to using underwear references in his daily conversation! The dam finally burst at 23.06 on Oct 22nd, and all those who know him could feel and share the relief, the release of that pent-up tension and the sheer untrammelled joy of their favourite user with a pair of tits in his sig.
Fellow poopsmith and genial man-about-town UU said of the momentous occasion: "you what? MrN? Oh yeah, him. Good bloke. Knows his underwear". Then he scratched his nose reflectively and wandered off.
MrN himself was unavailable for comment at the time of going to press/we couldn't be bothered to interview him (delete as you think applicable), but the UnSignpost fondly imagines he would have smiled enigmatically, raised an eyebrow quizzically, nodded appreciatively, and said "PANTS!" predictably.
The pants themselves were also unavailable for comment.
|From our logs:
- 09:26, 20 October 2008 Manticore (Talk | contribs) blocked 188.8.131.52 (Talk) with an expiry time of 1 week (You're interrupting my essay writing. Unless you plan on writing my essay for me, fuck off.)
- 04:20, 22 October 2008 TheLedBalloon (Talk | contribs) blocked 184.108.40.206 (Talk) with an expiry time of 2 weeks (You, sir, have gone above and beyond the call of failure. Now that may sound like a compliment, but read it again, paying special attention to that last word. Yeah.)
- 18:03, 22 October 2008 Mordillo (Talk | contribs) blocked 220.127.116.11 (Talk) with an expiry time of 2 hours (Your friends do not interest us. Your sister does.)
- 04:57, 23 October 2008 Tom mayfair (Talk | contribs) blocked TheLedBalloon (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of Judgement Day (Intimidating behaviour/harassment: & Not The Good Sexual Kind of Harassment Either)
|Biopic of the Week
Sexy, Pompey-supporting bureaucrat Codeine has probably banned you. If he hasn't, he probably will. Soon.
Viewed as one of the most diligent and trusted admins on the site, Codeine has probably been here longer than you as well. And he'll probably be here long after you leave too. Deal with it.
|Cajek ban of the week
00:43, 26 October 2008 RAHB (Talk | contribs) blocked Cajek (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of 5 minutes (Posting in the forums. You know better than to get involved in the community. Now get back in your cage.)