Uncyclopedia:Report a problem/archive4
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Disappeared content
Sorry if I misplaced this question, I'm not sure where to post it... But why all changes made after December 5-th disappeared in Ukrainian http://uk.inciklopedii.org/ --Vetal 14:04, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
edit VDF Editing
On the VDF page it says edit to post your vote but editing is blocked so you can only view the source. Is this like the "put a blonde in a round room and tell her to sit in the corner" joke or what?
edit Lost my password
Hi ,i joined about a month ago and lost my password but when i try to get it emailed to me nothings coming through. Ive tried checking to see if its being filtered out but nothing there. I would just rejoin with a different username except ive submitted a few bits of work already. My username is Vitaloverdose and my email is email@example.com. thanks
- Try asking a staff person, such as sannse, who might be able to look into it for you, in case she's not watching this page anyway :) There's not really anything normal admins can do about lost passwords, I'm afraid. • Spang • • 06:10, 18 Aug 2008
- Have a go at resending your password again as well, the mail server goes on the fritz sometimes. — 05:22, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
edit Something wrong on Redirect to Uncyclopedia in Traditional Chinese
There is an error recently while clicking the link in such format:
For the links of the format above ( http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/zh-tw:????? ) , it always comes to the page of "Bad title".
What's up with it?
Jacaranda 05:40, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
edit Can't create account
I tried creating an account twice today, but when I try to click the "Submit" button, it doesn't do anything. Please reply at TobyMobias@aol.com.
Also, I was wondering how I can add something to a template. I created another Jesus article (Paperclip Jesus).
This was the only way I could find to communicate with you. Sorry, Toby, whoever you are. I tried to create an account several times today and did not succeed. I was directed to this, which is a message from another person trying unsuccessfully to create an account, but there's no obvious way to reach you so I'm adding my name to this. EL883@comcast.net
I cannot create an account either. Everything works except the Username. even when i pressed random keys, the red x would still show up. Corleone1455@aim.com
edit Broken image
I tried deleting a broken image (Image:9QLZVCAYMA3W7CAHLV3S8CA9P8Z6NCAIA6EI6CANQVD5JCAI56ERPCAT4526NCA60UVLDCAB1U06ECARE050ICAGDS99MCAXESV2ACAKA54CHCAJH0W56CA2IMYNFCAX9BVWECABBVBQTCAMJLZYXCAFE2UZM.jpg, however when I click on the image the deletion log lists the page as having been deleted by another administrator (see ). Despite this, it continues to appear as a broken image. MadMax 07:52, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- Restoring and deleting again fixed it, it seems. • Spang • • 07:01, 15 Apr 2008
edit Protection for Windows Vista
Not only does this article look like it was made by microsoft itself... but it sucks. And, no one can make it funnier, cause it's protected. Why is this?
- It's only protected from anonymous contributions, as it appears to be a common spam target. You can edit it if you register. --Algorithm 21:01, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- I think that's the look it's going for, and you're missing the point... it's written mainly from the point of view of Microsoft themselves. It's possibly protected against you for this very reason. • Spang • • 01:52, 20 Sep 2007
edit Login Troubles
My username is Joeschmuck, but for whatever reason, I can't seem to log in on to my profile! Every time I do, it leads me to a blank screen, and I can't open up any new pages, as they are all blank. The only way is to close out Mozilla and (I think.) clear the history.
I've nailed it down to three suspects: My crappy computer, which seems to hate me for some reason, the server is malfunctioning on me all the time, or maybe I've written something bad. Can someone please tell me what the heck is wrong? Preferably an admin? If it happens to be something I wrote down, I'll erase it! Just help me out, please.
- I can confirm that no problem exists between me and the server, which would indicate that the server works. You aren't banned, which would normally bring up a page stating that you were anyway. As I see it, I can offer you two suggestions to help you out:
a god damned moronusing IE, switch to firefox and see if that works. If you are already using firefox, check your preferences and make sure that you're not killing all JS/Java/cookies/anything else which this site requires, since I'm pretty ignorant about that. If that fails, reinstall firefox.
- 2) If that doesn't work, re-post here, and I'll ban you infinitely, and then you won't have to worry about logging in. It's a workaround, but I can't see it failing.
- Hope this helps! 07/3 14:31
- I'm guessing it has something to do with your computer. To confirm, borrow another and try logging in from there. While you can just not log in, we hate anon ip addresses, and are horribly mean to them. You'll find us far nicer and more friendly if you have a username. Have you A) reinstalled Firefox, or B) checked your anti-spyware/virus to see if it's trying to clean up your browsing experience? 07/3 22:39
It has to be the computer. I got my brother to log on, but it works fine on his. We are eventually going to do a defrag on this POS computer and that should (hopefully) work. We were planning on doing a defrag for a while.
- I highly doubt that a defrag is the answer to your problem. When was the last time you wiped the whole thing and reinstalled Windows? Back in the day my standard was every 6-9 months. For the last few years I've only touched windows under duress, which solved almost all of my problems. If you're feeling ambitious, you could download kubuntu, burn it to cd, and play around with the live cd part of it. Burn the image, reboot, and as long as your BIOS is set to boot off cd you'll boot up in linux rather than windows. That will tell you if all your hardware is working. If it is, any issues are purely Windows' fault. Which they almost always are. 07/4 13:27
edit Editing Options are Gone
When I edit a page normally they're is a bar of options at the top of the editing page with stuff like Upload File, Bold, Italics, Insert External Link etc. This isn't happening anymore and I am very confused. By the way, I have a feeling the solution is very simple and I will end up looking like an idiot - so please don't laugh.
- User:Henry JW (add signature is away like the rest of em)
edit hurtful article
remove this page, http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Low_self-esteem, at once.
I can't find the right place to report this nasty article, but I am in a rush to remove it!
For fuck sake - this is terrible - remove it at once!
fuck u are a little pussy grow a penis and come back and write some funny shit down or fuck off and put a penis up your ass.
speaking of nasty articles bring back "canberra" it was one of the funniest articles and i have been there and it is so very true what they say the owner/operator of the site needs to bring it back with all of its former glory. weirdo with a beardo singing off bitches—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Weirdo with a beardo (talk • contribs)
edit The site keeps logging me off
I'll log in, and then go to rewrite and article or something, but when i go to edit, it says i'm logged off.
edit Spam Image won't come up on my computer
I have the same problem (2 posts down) how did you fix it?
edit account problem.
I have tried to create an account but am informed i already have two accounts and can't have any more. I have not created ANY accounts, please advise. GryBurr@aol.com
- Your problem is most likely due to AOL's broken proxy server configuration. AOL is set up in such a way as to appear to have all of its users (pseudorandomly) connecting from the same few IP addresses, which causes problems as MediaWiki identifies anonymous users by their address. Try registering from a local ISP instead of AOL? --188.8.131.52 14:02, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
edit Spam Image won't come up on my computer
I would like to create an account, but the spam control image won't display. Is it my poor old computer, or is there a prob there?
Bad Web Diver - noob.
--184.108.40.206 21:30, 10 January 2007 (UTC)