Uncyclopedia:Pee Review/Amy Rose
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I was bored, so I decided to do an article on Amy Rose. I think it came out very well. - -Dial the Gate 04:14, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- In a nutshell, I would say this too "saga-y". Meaning, its a fake biography that goes and on without much humor. I would probably say it needs some work to the underlying concept. (In other words, total re-write.) --Mnbvcxz 04:08, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
|Humour:||10||The humor in this article is EXCELLENT! It's that simple!|
|Concept:||9||This is a great topic to write on, as Amy Rose is one of the most popular Sonic characters.|
|Prose and formatting:||10||There were no Grammar or Spelling mistakes in this article and it looks like a real encyclopedia article! Great Job! :D|
|Images:||10||The images are great. Where ever did you find the one where she is grabbing Sonic?|
|Miscellaneous:||10||This is the average rating of your article. Awesome work!|
|Final Score:||49||This article rules! I am nominating it as soon as I know how. You can tell me how to nominate articles at my Talk Page.|
|Reviewer:||Skate1168 15:50, 2 February 2009 (UTC)|
edit Some unrequested comments
I think that review was a little too generous. Its not a bad article, but its not VFH material either. In a nutshell, its issues are:
- It tends to hop around on events alot, which creates plausibility & "flow" issues. For example, having Amy retire early in life, then get elected governor of Florida in 2006, then deciding to retire from the governorship a mere 2 years later.
- You have a couple factual errors. For example, Obama was inaugurated in 2009, not 2008.
- the name "Robotnik" should be used instead of "Eggman".
I could do a full review if you put this on pee review again. --S'r Mnbvcxz 16:50, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Hate to break it to you Mnbvcxz, but I thought this article rocked!
--Skate1168 17:04, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- The score is still way too generous, and there is normally something that needs fixing on every article. --S'r Mnbvcxz 18:40, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe, I don't think so though.
--Skate1168 19:13, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Humour is a very subjective issue. My personal take is closer to Mnbvcxz's - it was a very in-depth article, but I didn't see too much actual funny content in it. As a work of fan fiction, it's well done. As something to make me laugh, I'm not so sure. Just my two penn'orth. --UU - natter 14:29, Feb 3
- By Mnbvcxz's comments, I have changed all of Eggman to Dr. Robotnik (PINGAS!) and corrected the Obama inauguration from 2008 to 2009 (guess I'm still used to typing out 2008, thanks for noting the error). I clarified her retirement in that she 'conveniently' won a lottery in Canada (an American actually won a Canadian lottery a few weeks ago, ironically). - -Dial the Gate 06:31, 3 February 2009 (UTC)