From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
This is where you can submit Did You Know entries. List your submission(s) below, and if the admins decide it's worthwhile, it will be added to the main page template. You can sign your submissions if you want.
Q: Why is DYK locked?
A: Because when it was freely editable, the admins felt it was too funny and dangerous to the website's reputation.
Q: I thought this website hated lists.
A: Yes, but it hates vandalism more, and this page might keep you busy.
Q: When will my submission appear?
A: When an admin decides it's good enough for the front page. Making this decision is low priority for most admins. It may not be updated with new submissions frequently, and many entries will be deleted without making it to the main template. Here's how to maximise your chances:
- Search the current DYKs and make sure yours isn't a repeat. No, "...that 75.8% of statistics are made up" won't cut it, sorry. You can press Ctrl+F to search some keywords.
- Link to good pages in your DYK.
- DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL. PLEASE.
Q: What is the template format?
A: All the DYKs are thrown into a blender using the <choose> tags. That means only a few DYKs, picked at random, appear on the front page each time you load it. So no, your little gift will not always come up. The reason we hate lists is that they (that is, you) tend to tell the same joke over and over again, and if your third copy is selected to be on the page, no one will ever know you really typed fifteen of them.
Q: What about "Do You Care"?
A: Do You Care entries are mainly for highlighting great past articles.
Q: May I begin, then?
A: If you must. Type your suggestion into Section 1. If you type it at the very end of the page, we'll know all we need to know about you.
edit Did You Know...
- That if you feed a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, but if you feed a man TO a fish, you go to jail?
- That the number of users the admins have banned is considered the largest countable number since 1998?
- That Hydrox cookies were like Oreos, except they contained Clorox and Water?
- That Humpty-Dumpty was the very first Occupy Wall Street protester, before the stockbrokers pushed him off?
- That this site is basically dead anyway?
- That Red Bull does not actually give you wings?
- ...but that it does give you diabetes?
- That I'm gonna cut your heart out with a spoon?
- That Nick Clegg is sorry?
- That a fool and his money are soon parted
- That because salt is calorie-free, one could eat a solid block of it as a dieting aid?
- That Magic Missile is the only spell usable by anybody, even You?
- That the Toronto Maple Leafs' losing streak can be justified with the phrase: "Nice guys finish last"?
- That Richard the Lionheart of England had a "Richard the Lionheart" of his own?
- That most professional sports teams have more lawyers than players?
- That intelligence theft refers to the stealing of one's ideas, not his IQ points?
- That a sheepish grin makes you look exactly like a grinning sheep?
- That colourless is actually a valid colour, making 'colourless' very colourful?
- That Candy Crush Saga is the virtual version of pure cocaine?
- That slavery is the most efficient form of economics?
- That the chances of Eminem reading this are pretty slim?
- That on the nth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me a total of gifts?
- That those suspicious white stains on your professor's blazer are in fact mayonnaise?
- That the Google Street View car replace their cameras with potatoes once they enter the Connecticut border?
- That most people don't read directions and need an "example" to get them started?
- That rules exist inside and outside the mind, but an "example" is an intermediate? And this is an example of a rule and I am not a guru?
- That video killed JFK, and Lee Harvey Oswald killed the radio star?
- That the observer makes his own lists based on the lists of others? So lists learn from lists, like wise men learn off fools!
- That the Golden Gate Bridge was stolen by Canadian terrorists in 1949. Then due to airship problems it fell in Lake Michigan and was painted green under the new name "Mackinaw bridge".
- That without lists, we feel listless?
- That irony extends beyond the line and even the mind? How ironic.. But even more ironic is that "irony" does not appear in the Bible?
- That Dog is offended by this statement?
- That 9/11 might not have even happened if explosives hadn't been invented? But more to the point, if dates had not been invented?
- That being controversial is neither easier said nor done?
- That after the 2001 terrorist attacks, the "Freedom Fries" folks also boycotted Arabic numerals? This resulted in many IX/XI bumper stickers.
- That Antarctica is more of a circle and less of a line?
- That you're late for work?
- That while blackberries are actually purple, calling them purpleberries would be retarded?
- That the most effective way to cure depression is suicide?
- That flantastic is another way to say "this pudding is good" in Finnish?
- That you need to stop reading this page and get a job.
- That Arceus is the true Lord and Saviour and not that fake 'Felix Hossil' or whatever he's called...
- That 100% percent of babies die at some point in their lives?
- That "Pendiente Perrocaliente" is Spanish for the man bitches are good?
- That you can't skip this GEICO ad, because it's already over?
- That 3/4 of people make up 75% of the worlds population?
- That moisturizer was a failed attempt at making human water-balloons?
- That turtles can run at top speeds of 87 miles per hour, but only in short bursts?
- That thanks to a transporter accident, the joke about suicide bombers' 72 virgins being Star Trek geeks is older than Islam?
- That dying to being dead constitutes death?
- That more people kill ebola than ebola kills people?
- That the inventor of the Nobel Prize invented the Nobel Prize so he could get a Nobel Prize for his invention of the Nobel Prize?
- That 3/4 of all the people make up 75% of the whole population on earth?
- That Kanye persuaded Kim Kardashian to make Mastercard famous?
- That this page will self-destruct in 5 seconds?