From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
September 23: Take a Venomous Animal to Work Day, also National Australian Pavlova is Ours Day.
- 1143 - Pope Innoocent II rejoins God after taking his wife to work.
- 1554 - Francisco Vasquez de Coronado, Spanish explorer, dies after taking a rattlesnake to work.
- 1774 - Pope Clement XIV (b. 1705) expires after taking a lionfish to work.
- 1972 - The French word "capitulate" is added to the OED (the French themselves have been using the word since 600 BC).
- 1974 - Two whole words, both alike in dignity, "Capulet" and "Montague", are added to the OED.
- 1979 - Olympics held in Wigan for the second time.
- 1986 - Ozzy "Ozzy" Osbourne catches a crazy train. Is late for work. Rioting ensues.
- 1989 - Songwriter Irving Berlin dies when the platypus he brings to work strikes him with its venomous leg spines.
- 1990 - First "cow catapult" launch observed in controversial computer game "Nuclear War".
- 1995 - Samantha T. is born as a baby
- 2002 - Revolution in Webbrowserland leads to crowning of Pheonix I by Mozilla rebels. Fighting start of Firefox War.
- 2006 - A homeless man in Australia is beaten sensless by a giant used tampon. Police reports show that the tampon was 'Carefree'.
- 2007 - Rhys Jones is caught in a drive-by on the way to a Used concert, his collapse to the ground causes the biggest earthquake on human record which in turn brings the end of the world (doomsday)
- 2008 - Australia freaks out due to apocalypse, but then realises false alarm that it is only a duststorm.
- 2009 - Australia rejoices as government scientists prove that New Zealand forged pavlova recipe, meaning that Australians now have another reason to mock their cousins across the Tasman.