From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
July 15: International Video Game Day
- 1982 - Atari, Inc. releases E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial for the Atari 2600 game console, which is met with rave reviews and general praise from gamers and critics alike.
- 1986 - Dragon Warrior (pictured) is released for the Nintendo Entertainment System, paving the way for role-playing video games.
- 1988 - The first adult-oriented video game is released for the Nintendo Entertainment System, but the small processors and inadequate graphics rendered the game much more confusing than it was erotic.
- 1997 - Goldeneye 007, starring James Bond, is released for the Nintendo 64, in what many still consider to be the greatest first-person shooter of all time.
- 2002 - Playing off of the massive success of The Lord of the Rings franchise, a video game based on The Two Towers is released, but it is not received well by fans due to the absence of Lord Sauron as a playable character.
- 2006 - In honor of International Video Game Day, a flash game becomes available on the Homestar Runner website featuring Trogdor the Burninator.
- 2011 - Unicorn Appreciation Day. Congratulate the unicorns on another year passed.
- 2011 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 2 in theaters today.