From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
April 18: Dependence Day (Canada); International Throw A Baby In The Canal Day
- 1309 - This day also became National Rythym Day
- 1485 - A conductor accidentaly gives his orchestra jazz band music. Hilarity ensues.
- 1524 - The world's first Spanish restaurant is founded by Hernán Cortéz in Tenochtitlan.
- 1936 - It is found out that orchestra members have no sense of rythym.
- 1948 - The League of Nations is dissolved, and replaced by a simpler, easier-to-organize style tournament-format competition called the UN. Surprisingly, the Swedish are champions of the inaugural competition.
- 1958 - The Supreme Court of the United States bans poetry and evicts all known poets from the country.
- 1972 - First public toilet opens in Texas. Texans ignore this, and continue urinating in public.
- 1983 - A suicide plumber floods the United States embassy in Beirut, Lebanon.
- 1955 - Albert Einstein dies being struck by lightning while playing golf in North Carolina.
- 1990 - United States Re-Endangerment Day is the first U.S. national holiday created in honor of rednecks and their contributions to American culture.
- 2002 - The internet is officially declared "useless and beyond redemption" by the Norwegian military.
- 2006 - Captain Obvious says you're reading this.
- 2007 - The same orchestra who played jazz band music in 1485 faces the horror of Cole Porter Classics O_O