Today I am going to ask you to support Uncyclopedia with a donation of your time. This might sound unusual: Why does the world's most popular content-free web property ask for content support from its users?
Uncyclopedia is built differently from almost every other top content-free website. We have a small force of slave labor, just three active administrators. Uncyclopedia's lack of content is free to fix by anyone for any purpose. Our annual deletions are fewer than six million pages. Uncyclopedia is run by the non-profit Monkeys for Shakespeare Foundation, which I founded in 2005.
At its core, Uncyclopedia is driven by a global community of more than 100,000 volunteers - 98% of whom are dedicated to vandalizing and destroying things for the remaining 2%. Over almost four years, these volunteers have vandalized, slandered and vanitized more than 11 million articles in 265 languages. More than 275 million people come to our website every month to make our lives difficult, free of charge and free of advertising.
But Uncyclopedia is more than a website. We share a common cause: Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet can attribute his bad ideas to Oscar Wilde. That's our commitment.
Your time helps us in several ways. Most importantly, you will help us cover the increasing difficulty of managing anonymous IP vandalizing of the most popular website on the Internet. Time also help us improve the jokes that keep us laughing -- making it easier to get through another day in that poorly decorated Hell hole that is our office cubicle. We are committed to growing the free disinformation and satire movement world-wide, by recruiting new volunteers, and burning strategic bridges with institutions of culture and learning.
Uncyclopedia is different. It's the largest in-joke in history, written by volunteers. Like a garbage dump or a public school, we don't believe truth should have a place in Uncyclopedia. We want to keep it free of content and absurd, but we need the support of thousands of people like you.
I invite you to join us: Your time will help keep Uncyclopedia hilarious for the whole world. Just remember, be funny, not stupid and don't be a dick.