UnNews talk:YouTube changes aspect ratio to 2.35:1, users pissed
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- I actually like HDTV. You get to see the 16:9 stuff that's cropped out of 4:3 stuff. I have become a fan of widescreen, and that's my favorite way to view movies, especially those in 2.35:1. I love the horizontal bars -- gives it a cinematic feel -- but the vertical bars needed for 4:3 can get annoying, so all you have to do is stretch the image. Sure, the "After" guy in a weight loss commercial will look fatter stretched to 16:9 than his pillarboxed counterpart, but at least the image isn't horrible-looking when slightly distorted. PF4Eva, the King of Imagination talk Contributions 17:02, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
I thought UnNews was meant to be made up... this seems pretty real to me. They change it to something stupid, everyone annoyed. Sounds like the normal thing to happen on youtube really... anyhoo, this article has a lot of potential as a satire so come on and finish it!
- The real news is that YouTube changed their aspect ratio to 16:9 (approximately 1.78:1) -- the same aspect ratio used for HDTVs. I thought I'd satirize it by making the YouTube player even wider than 16:9. I chose 2.35:1 because it is my favorite movie aspect ratio, and is also the widest.
- I know it has a lot of potential, and I'm trying to think about what other jokes and satire I can squeeze into this baby. Maybe I can make a joke about somebody who is annoyed at the lack of bars on 2.35:1 videos and actually prefers the 4:3 (the original aspect ratio; closer to a standard TV) videos to have them. Maybe also, I can through in a windowboxed Rickroll video. It's not until you finish it that you realize it ain't finished yet. lol. PF4Eva, the King of Imagination talk Contributions 17:02, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- YouTube sucks! They enjoy being arrogant fools! Why do their employers are so mentally retarded, I'll never know! YouTube, if you're seeing this, bring it back to teh way it was, or suffer my rage!!! Mr. Insert Name Here 18:32, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- OK, I definitely didn't get this. Can you make it more obvious than changing one number? Aaadddaaammm 20:53, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Let's tell YouTube how terrible they are!! Mr. Insert Name Here 19:52, 2 December 2008 (UTC)