UnNews talk:France sends 200 soldiers to Lebanon, predicts victory
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- I could not write a new story myself, so I pasted in a BBC News story and edited it. At least four sentences are copied verbatim, and others have only slight changes.
- The war in Lebanon has given France the chance to shine again on the world stage.
- But the next stage may prove to be a far tougher test.
- But some are afraid of negative consequences back in France.
- Above all, France wants to avoid a situation where its own soldiers find themselves having to disarm Hezbollah fighters.
- The big problem? How can I write this story after UnNews:France: Oui surrender? I took the fact that UNWAR has "conflicting stories", and I also attempted a reference to the older story, but that reference to NetHack feels like nonsense. I found it easier to reference a story about Germany and Lebanon.
- I had intended to emphasise that a force of only 200 soldiers would to be too weak. The (arbitrarily invented) 10-10-30-50-100 and 130-70 distributions are included for this reason.
- The story is annoyingly inconsistent about whether the French support the war. Stupid statements like, "A survey for the newspaper La Crois found that only seven French people supported the deployment of the force," might need revision or removal.
- I am using Siniora to allude to both the current situation in Iraq and the past civil war in Lebanon.
- Bananas have a mention because I edited the banana article.
- The section on "Memories of Vietnam" does not mention Vietnam. In fact, the section title seems irrelevant.
- Having too many stories about Lebanon might be annoying for UnNews, but is exactly what other news sites are doing.
--Kernigh 04:06, 18 August 2006 (UTC)
damn, didn't see this before I wrote a similar one; mine's about asking for more, maybe we should merge them? UnNews:Bush, Lebanon Seek Greater French Role in UN Force --Donut Buy one!|Get one Free!|F@H|MUN 22:33, 18 August 2006 (UTC)
- I did not see UnNews:Syria Says US Plans for Middle East an illusion....Bcause we won. But Syria is usually ignored anyway.... The story that France was only sending 200 troops broke before the story that Bush and Lebanon wanted more. So it makes since that we have two separate stories at UnNews. --Kernigh 04:03, 19 August 2006 (UTC)