UnNews talk:Alberto Gonzales claims he doesn't recall saying "I may have created confusion"
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit My Edit
I was trying to get rid of some of the unfunny political attack comments. Gonzales 'claiming he can't recall what he said yesterday' is funny. Having someone describing how all democrats have brain disorders is not - it is just a juvenile attack. I am happy to work with people on the article - let's just try to be funny rather than simply aggressive. If you want to just undo my changes, please do it individually, with justification. Thanks. MaxMangel 10:11, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
- I said the Republicans had brain disorders because as you probably know, Scooter Libby claimed to forget things that he said happened the day before. Alberto Gonzales isn't all that different, claiming to recall things that happened the day before, and that may be the result of a brain disorder. Remember, this is Uncyclopedia, you shouldn't take everything seriously. It even wasn't my edit, it was a differen't users edit, and although I found it funny, it wasn't all that encyclopedic and I did a lot of modifying to make it more encyclopedic. As for your edits, I don't understand the joke about ordering the pizzas, if you could explain how that is funny, it would be great. I'll leave your edit on before we get into a silly revert war, but I just want to reach an agreement before editing this page furthermore. Thanks!--Sir Manforman 12:49, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
Well, the stuff that I think is unfunny and just attack drivel is this stuff:
- "Gonzales is very similar to Scooter Libby, ya know, they both claim to forget things that happened the day before," Patrick Leahy said. He went on to say, "but at least, we're Democrats and when we 'forget,' about what we do, it's always for the greater good of the country. Like Bill or Hillary. It may be that those of us who aren't just plain stupid, have brain disorders. But we're all great liars!" he added proudly.
- Another angry, as well as anonymous, Democrat reportedly stated that "I bet you your house that if Alberto Gonzales is found guilty of a crime, he'll be immediately pardoned by the President," as is probably the case.
The phrase: "those of us who aren't just plain stupid, have brain disorders" sums it up for me - it isn't a funny line. Frankly, I think all the above quote isn't funny - it is just an attack. You could say 'lighten up' - so lets do that by having funny articles. I mean, if I described any nationality as 'either stupid or having a brain disorder' that would simply be racist. There is no joke there. The pizzas thing was me trying to lighten the article a bit by making the circumstances that little bit more ridiculous sounding. It could be rephrased - I'm not in love with that part. What do you think? MaxMangel 06:03, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
- So, that attack wasn't even my edit. Before that, there was a different quote which was not much of an attack. About the pizza thing, even you're not in love with that part, the entire point of the previous part was that at a previous testimony, I think he said I don't recall 70 times, and if I'm mistaken, it would at least be funny as as an exageration. I don't see how the 2nd quote isn't an attack. I'll modify the page based on your opinions. --Sir Manforman 13:12, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
I have reverted your edit. This is because you were banned for a few days and looking through your recent contributions, I see you've been revert warring on the Iraq War page. This is Uncyclopedia, and you shouldn't take stuff on here seriously. What you have called "attacks" were simply jokes and were not racist. They add value to the piece, here's how it's funny, Republicans do not have brain disorders, but the whole point is, Scooter Libby and Alberto Gonzales both claim to forget things the day before, and that may be the result of a brain disorder. Please refrain from further editing or reverting of the page, thank you.--Sir Manforman 21:19, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
Unstrikethroughed. Just because someone's got banned once doesn't mean they lose their right to an opinion. However, please be careful when you return MaxMangel, not to blow things out of proportion. Revert warring is bad. Talking and listening are good. I think if there is anything wrong with this (and I'll admit to not knowing enough about US politics to be 100% sure) then it could probably be fixed with just a couple of alterations to a couple of slightly ranty-looking sentences rather than deletions of whole paragraphs. So try and work it out between you, because I shall not be exactly happy if I have to be called into this again. Good luck! --Whhhy?Whut?How? *Back from the dead* 20:47, 13 August 2007 (UTC)
- As mentioned in the stiked comment above, I have reverted your edit. But I have modified it, based on your opinions and SBU's opinions. Hopefully, this will justify the article for the both of us. And I'm sorry about that mood I was in a few days, It was just some weird mood based on your edits to the Iraq War, which on 2nd thought, have no relation to these edits. --Sir Manforman 21:05, 13 August 2007 (UTC)
- After being burned(blocked) from my last attempt at fixing an article, I'm not really in the mood to argue with much around here. It was a misunderstanding - I'd thought an article was a crazy rant, but it was actually the satire of a crazy rant, and I didn't realize the author was an admin, hence much smackdown. Oh well. The end of it is, I'm divorcing myself from strong opinions for the time being, so I'll leave you to do whatever you like with this. MaxMangel 11:38, 17 August 2007 (UTC)