UnNews:United Nations' threat: No more parental rights
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
2 May 2009
|This page was originally sporked from worldnetdaily.com.|
PURCELLVILLE, Virginia -- America, wake up! This New World Order we are saddled with threatens to rip the heart out of our great country by messing with our children. The U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child, or CRC, will make any decisions and actions of parents reviewable by the U.N. "to determine whether it is in the child's best interest." This is according to Michael Farris of Purcellville, Va.,president of ParentalRights.org, chairman of the Home School Legal Defense Association and chancellor of Patrick Henry College.
- "It's definitely on our doorstep," he said. "The left wants to make the Obama-Clinton era permanent. Treaties are a way to make it as permanent as stuff gets. It is very difficult to extract yourself from a treaty once you begin it. If they can put all of their left-wing socialist policies into treaty form, we're stuck with it even if they lose the next election."
Posters such as the one pictured, distributed by the Nancy Reagan Memorial Just-Say-No Trust, are marketed as a tool to encourage abstinence from sex of any kind. "We like to start them when they're 7 or 8, discouraging masturbation or so-called doctor play," said Preston Boniface, a Freshman at Praise Jesus High School in Arlington, Kentucky. "The Chuck Norris poster is one of our best sellers. Parents like to put them up in their kids bedrooms for moral support. By the time good Christian kids get to my age, the fear of God has been firmly planted in the psyche, and they won't be apt to mess around."
The 1990s-era document was ratified quickly by 193 nations worldwide, but not the United States or Somalia. In Somalia, there was then no recognized government to do the formal recognition, and in the United States there's been opposition to its power. Countries that ratify the treaty are bound to it by international law.
Although signed by Madeleine Albright, U.S. ambassador to the U.N., on Feb. 16, 1995, the U.S. Senate never ratified the treaty, largely because of conservatives' efforts to point out it would create that list of rights which primarily would be enforced against parents.
Americans, don't be fooled by the silky voice of internationalism and a new world order. The United Nations aims to insinuate itself into our infrastructure beginning from the inside, with our children. This free-thinking posture will evertually lead to the destruction of capitalism, Christianity, and the family. In its' place will arise the apocalyptic promises Jesus made to us in the Bible, and Satan will walk the Earth. There's going to be monsters and horsemen, and everything!
According to the Parental Rights website, the substance of the CRC dictates the following:
- Parents would no longer be able to administer reasonable spankings to their children.
- A murderer aged 17 years, 11 months and 29 days at the time of his crime could no longer be sentenced to life in prison.
- Children would have the ability to choose their own religion while parents would only have the authority to give their children advice about religion.
- The best interest of the child principle would give the government the ability to override every decision made by every parent if a government worker disagreed with the parent's decision.
- A child's "right to be heard" would allow him (or her) to seek governmental review of every parental decision with which the child disagreed.
- According to existing interpretation, it would be illegal for a nation to spend more on national defense than it does on children's welfare.
- Children would acquire a legally enforceable right to leisure.
- Teaching children about Christianity in schools has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC.
- Allowing parents to opt their children out of sex education has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC.
- Children would have the right to reproductive health information and services, including abortions, without parental knowledge or consent.
- Chelsea Schilling "Expert: Pact would ban spankings, homeschooling if children object". WorldNetDaily, February 05, 2009