Alex Trebek fails to answer in form of question, suffers heart attack
UnFair and UnBalanced
Friday, May 29, 2015, 06:48:UTC)(
11 December 2007
|UnNews Audio (file info)|
|Listen to this story!|
“Had a rough night, did we Trebek? Haha!”
LOS ANGELES, California -- After failing to phrase his response in the form of a question, television game show host Alex Trebek suffered a heart attack at a local store.
Trebek, 67, collapsed in his local 7-11 convenience store after a conversation with a fellow customer. Security camera footage provided to UnNews by the convenience store details the discussion that led to Trebek's attack.Richard Carroll, a third year student at University of California - Los Angeles, initiated the conversation by asking "Excuse me, hey, hey, hey guy, hey, are you that guy, that guy on the, what's the guy, you're that guy..."
- Trebek responded, "Who is Alex Trebek?"
- Carroll: "Yeah! Yeah, yeah, Alex Trebek, from that show, that show thing on channel 6, that thing, that, uh..."
- Trebek: "What is Jeopardy!?"
- Carroll: "Yeah! Yeah, Jeopardy! Wow, can I have, uh, have your, uh, whatsit... autograph!"
- Trebek: "Sure. I mean, uh, where is sure. WHO is sure? WHAT IS SHORE? WHAT IS OH DEAR GOD, CALL AN AMBULANCE! WHY AM I DYING?"
Upon arriving at his local hospital, the long-time television presenter expressed concern at his new location by reportedly asking a nearby nurse, "Where have you taken me?" Upon learning of his hospitalization, Trebek noted that he "hate[s] the hospital. I mean who hates the hospital? Do I hate the--"
Services are scheduled for Saturday at MacArthur Cemetery, immediately after Wheel of Fortune.