From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
- This article is about the period that happened around the time of the years 2000-2009, give or take 10 years
The 2000s (2000—2009) was the first decade of the 21st century, and the beginning of the end for human civilization. It began on January 1, 2000 and ended on December 31, 2009 (duh).
Culturally, the 00s are known for being exactly like the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s combined. It can be divided into three parts: the early 00s (2000—2003), mid 00s (2004—2006), and late 00s (2007—2009). The early 00s, while a horrible time politically, were fairly decent in terms of popular culture, mainly because they were a continuation of the 1990s. The mid 00s were more hit-and-miss, with 90s culture starting to fade away and music changing; 2006 kind of sucked, but 2004 and 2005 was pretty awesome. And finally the late 2000s, some of the worst years in human history that nobody should/will get nostalgic over. Many of the things that started in the late 00s, such as Swag, YOLO, Justin Bieber, twerking, TV evolving into crap, stupidity, Jersey Shore, and Obama have carried over to the 2010s, which are currently as horrible as the late 2000s if not worse.
The best thing about the 2000s is that they are better than the 2010s, but the second best thing was that after much pointless conflict, Family Guy was uncancelled after two years of being stuck in the dark. That tragic fan boy fish mopping the hall from SpongeBob was no longer miserable. The early/mid 2000s also brought us some excellent cartoons, such as Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Avatar: The Last Airbender. So, overall, the 2000s had some worthwhile things, but they started to go to shit in 2007, and paved the way for the (so far) horrible 2010s.
In the 2000s, people developed a very strange fascination with penguins. Happy Feet (2006), Surf's Up (2007), Not Another Penguin Movie? (2009), and "Unfortunaly Yes" were all released in this decade. Also, the Pittsburgh Penguins pwned the Detroit Red Wings in the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals. And the geeks from Linux had a penguin too.
Nothing much happens really, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.
- November 2000: America elects its first ever donkey president, George W. Bush. Bush won the presidency after he stole it from Al Gore, who had done the job better, and Merka into some fascist dictatorship that invade countries such as Iraq because of some outdated Muslim crap. We also have this fag emo guy called Sean Hannity who tells about some Holy War bullshit such as blowing that Israel off the map. Big fucking deal. It is not going to cause the Battle of Armageddon, isn't it.
- As the decade progressed, the greedy Baby Boomers began retiring and starting to bitch about the Man, President Bush. Lets stick it to the Man!!! As they sucked Social Security out of young peoples' pockets, gas prices continued to rise and George W. Bush's approval rating continued to plummet because they were stickin' it to the man. These factors combined with Paris Hilton's alleged existence, prompted riots all across the country. Unable to control these, George Bush Jr. and the rest of his administration were forcibly evicted by the People, which are generally the brainwashed hippies that don't know anything about the laws of common sense. Madonna is still dominating the world. Nations across the world cheered on the people of the United States.
- November 2008: Barack Obama was elected the first Hawaiian American president of the United States, and the 44th president overall. Yeah, it rocks...during campaigning times. Little did people know that Obama would plunge us into an even deeper hole than Bush.
- Oh yeah, and emos and penguins, while Antarctica was melting well growing, make up your mind, took over the world in 2006, making the 2000s the worst decade since the 30s.
edit Early 00s (2000—2003)
- Reality TV hits its peak, to the disgust of all with taste and a mind of their own. A lot of rip off to that half way decent Millionaire show.
- The boy bands turn gangsta, and the girl singers begin their transition into whores. Then they turn into snotty whores and wannabe punk whores like Avirl Lavigne.
- The first donkey, George Bush elected as president, the smart half of Americans and everyone in the rest of the world is sickened. Sorry donkeys.
- The world forgets Ace of Base and Ricki Lake.
edit Mid 00s (2004—2006)
- Chuck Norris attempts to take over the world. He succeeds but decides he's too sexy for the world and gives it back. He sells a percentage of his sexyness to Justin Timberlake, along with the rights to sing the song "I'm Bringing Sexy Back".
- Hip Hop sells its soul to Lil Jon, around late 2003 or early 2004
- Emo replaces Goth
- Green Day tries to come back but they were not as good back then.
- We get pounded by a Bunch of Hurricanes in 2005, which was runned by the government by seeding the atmosphere by George W. Bush and creates Natural Weapons of Mass Destruction.
edit Late 00s (2007—2009)
- The world forgets class.
- The economy crashes.
- Michael Cera and Jimmy Fallon flood the world with their unfunnyness.
- Jesus Christ allegedly reincarnated as George Bush, but the World turns a blind eye.
- Kanye West interrupts Taylor Swift.
- A communist dictator was elected because he was the first "black" president.
Although the six years of the new millenium were reasonably good in terms of music, worldwide genres such as Pop pre-Bush era country, and rock seemed to begin losing their dignity starting in 2006. Finally, in 2007, they lost all of their dignity after pissing themselves on the way to the toilet. From then on, there were only two types of music in the 2000s, emo and hip hop. Not the good stuff like Snoop Dogg and Tupac, but crap like Lil Wanker, Soulja Dick, Yung Fag Boyz and all these wannabe guys that talk about the same thing. The 2000s were the first decade in which robots (T-Pain) reached #1 on the charts (Bjork didn't quite make it in the 1990s). It is not unsensible to say that the mid and late 2000s were the beginning of the end of good music.
The 2000s can also be referred to as the emo decade. Piss piss piss piss moan bitch bitch bitch.
The only show on TV in the 2000s anyone watches anymore is American Idol. The Simpsons still plays, but the audience is estimated to be about 100 people and 500 confused pets.
In the 2000s TV became reality, and now TVs watch us. See Russian Reversal.
From 2000 to 2006, the strawberry crop grew from 1 billion strawberries a year to 1 trillion strawberries a second. This rise is attributed to the mumbling in "Temperature" by Sean Paul. After penguins took over the world in 2006, these figures have dropped.
edit Famous penguins
- Mr. Happy - Not Another Penguin Movie (2009)
- Captain Penguin - What the Fuck Is Up With This Penguin Shit (2008)
- The FUCKING Penguin - Penguin Movie (2006)
- Penguin on Fire - Penguin on Fire (2005)
- Miss Penguin of the Year - Miss Penguin (2008)
- Penguin Man - Penguin Man (2009)
- Man Penguin - Man Penguin (2009)
- Man on Penguin (The Cumming of the Penguin) - "Man Penguin" (2009)
- The beginning, peak and end of sports dynasties: the New York Yankees, New England Patriots and Los Angeles Lakers.
edit See Also
- ↑ a.k.a. the Hippies and the Beatniks, the largest age demographic in the U.S.A.