From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
“Jane, stop this crazy thing!”
“Oh my God!”
“Did you not hear me out there? For 45 minutes, I was out there screaming! I know that 'cause my damn watch is broken!”
It was Hanna-Barbera’s space age counterpart to The Flintstones. Like the former show, it is a half-hour family sitcom projecting contemporary American culture and lifestyle into another time period.[WTF?] While the Flintstones live in a world with machines powered by birds and dinosaurs, the Jetsons live in a futuristic utopia in the year 2062[Why don't you get a life already?] of elaborate robotic contraptions, aliens, holograms, and whimsical inventions.
The original series, comprising 24 episodes, was produced between 1962 and 1963 and was re-run on Saturday morning for decades. At the time of its debut, it was the first program ever to be broadcast in color on ABC-TV (as The Flintstones, while always filmed in color, was broadcast in black-and-white for its first two seasons). Its continuing popularity led to further episodes being produced for syndication between 1985 and 1987. The series was extensively merchandised and followed by two made-for-TV movies and two theatrical feature films. The Japanese dub is associated with Toei Animation.
The year is 2962, the place is United States, the city is New Chicago. George Jetson works for Spacely who now owns half of Chicago (The other half is owned by Barack Obama's head and/or Kevin Rudd's EGO). Jane his wife is a stay-at-home mother who basically drinks 1/2 a glass of wine and admits that she can't drink a full glass. Daughter Judy goes to High School where she lost her virginity awhile back. His boy Elroy goes to the Little Dipper School.
edit The Characters
- George Jetson; He works at Spaceley Headquarters at the New Sears Tower (which got owned by Wal★Mart in 2912) and he works from 5 in the morning to 8 at night making less than minimum wage which is $10 an hour at the time, where minimum wage became $13 an hour in 2060. He has a Bachelor's Degree of Engineering from a Community College in 2959 and is married to Jane his wife!
- Jane Jetson; She's married to George Jetson and basically stays at home. And most of the time, she goes shopping with Judy Jetson and has a full wardrobe of the same clothes! She wishes that her family could have a vacation, but her husband George only gets a two-month vacation break...and that's not enough for the future!
- Judy Jetson; The daughter of George and Jane, she's 16 and almost has everything that a teenager could want...except her own flying car. The age of driving at the time is 21 because at the time, teenagers would fly drastically.
- Lee Sanders; Basically the normal one in the family, he knows everything about computers, robots, and futuristic stuff. His dream is to go to New Harvard University.
- Astro; The dog in the family, who is descended from Scooby Doo since he can talk like Scooby-Doo. He's also a Space Mutt which saved the Galaxy from Darth Vader, Klingon, and Kahn. He also works for Star Trek and this happened in 2969.
- Rosie Rodreiguez; She's the maid for the Jetson Family. She was assembled in Mexico alongside with her brother Bender. However, unlike Bender, she doesn't drink...but she does smoke which was outlawed in the year 2920.
- Butt Maggot; Only appeared in one hilarious episode wherein George Jetson suffers incerdibly from having a maggot placed in his butt by his wife, Jane. Jane wanted to play a kinky game but everything went downhill somewhat with the introduction of the maggot. In this episode, the maggot was voice by Terry Wogan.
- Spacely; He owns the Higher half of New Chicago where everyone lives 1000 feet above Sea Level and has flying cars. He never looks down at the people who live in Old Chicago which is owned by Kanye West's head.
- Orbity; He's an alien that Elroy adopted and we still don't know what the hell it is...some say that he's probably a Gremlin.
edit The TV Show
The Jetsons was shown in 1962 when Hanna-Barbera met Marty McFly back in 1955 when he said that he saw the year 2955 with his own two-eyes. They talked about it all night and supposedly it was to be seen in the year 2525, when man was still alive, when woman couldn't survive...but they found out that World War XI was fought and it nearly ruined everything. So they decided to have it in the year 2962, a year of Peace and when George W. Bush's head reigned for 8 years as President of Earth.
The show was a success and it aired on ABC for 7 years (three on Prime-Time, four on SatAM). It ended in 1969 and would be on reruns for 15 years until 1985 when they made newer episodes.
edit When the Jetsons met the Flinstones
The Jetsons meet their long lose ancestors The Flintstones, but this was a family reunion where both The Jetsons and The Flinstones fought against the Modern People the Smiths (related to Joseph Smith) and to stop the Mormons from taking over the world since The Jetsons were actually Scientologists in the first place.
edit When the Jetsons met Futurama
The Jetsons would try and have Bender to be their new maid. But Bender wouldn't do anything but drink beer and ruin the reception on the TV. And in one day, Bender was in Old Chicago and would later move back to New New York. The Jetsons would never have another maid again.
In the year 2112, when Rush would take over, they found out that The TV Show The Jetsons would have 666 Episodes, one episode more than The Simpsons who only had 665 because they ended in 2012 and Matt Groening redid The Jetsons (don't ask)!