From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit From Pee Review
|Humour:||3||Yeah, it's really funny for the reader to be told repetitively and at great length how much he sucks. Not.|
|Concept:||4||There's a problem with concepts that are annoying or insulting or disgusting: the obvious way of handling these concepts results in articles that are annoying, insulting, or disgusting.|
|Prose and formatting:||7||Competent grammar and sentence structure. The use of very long single paragraphs doesn't work well here.|
|Images:||5||OK picture of Osama.|
|Miscellaneous:||5||Personal feeling about the piece is boredom.|
|Reviewer:||----OEJ 01:48, 11 January 2007 (UTC)|
Here's the deal for me personally: this article is only one joke, and that's summed up in the title. The exceptionally long run-on sentence-paragraph on "how I hope you die" is fun for the first few lines and then....I get bored. I understand that the author is narrating an extremely inventive and colorful series of unfortunate events, but to me it never has a sense of progression, of flow, of anything getting anywhere.
For me, there has to be an expectation in an article that something is going to be revealed, something is going to develop; that there is some sort of explanation in progress and by the end the article will have gotten somewhere. My feeling is that this article is static: it has no interior movement. Everything is summed up in the title, and the prose is just repetition of that idea in different words.
Just riffing on the concept, one might --
- Start out claiming that the reader is a really great guy, and only gradually move to the terminal judgment of you suck.
- Do the opposite: start out with the you suck comment and end up saying that, gosh, the reader is really an OK guy after all and I hope you don't have any hard feelings about me saying you suck.
- End up with the narrator crying about how much more he actually sucks than the reader does, and how he envies the reader...even though the reader still sucks.
- Start riffing on who else in the world sucks -- Mahatma Ghandi, Michelangelo, Shakespeare -- they all suck! SUCK! And that darned Pol Pot, he was a rotten singer, too. Did you know Abraham Lincoln could hardly carry a tune? He sucked!
- And Jupiter sucks almost as bad as Aldeberan. Fucking red giant stars -- they suck! And protozoa, and Kate Winslet, and elm trees, and glaciers -- they all suck too. Christ I wish I had a friend. Why do people -- and animals, and rocks, and stars -- hate me so? Just because they all suck?
I dunno. Take this advice for what it is worth...it's just sucky advice from a sucky sucky man.----OEJ 01:48, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
who the heck has such a sad little life that they spend 2 hours writing a article with no point?!
edit Do we have to have you suck so huge?