I'm pagan, studding wicca and I find this page hilarious! It's sad how many fake wiccans there are.... -- the preceding unsigned comment was added by Eirra
- Wow. A random attack on Christianity on the Wicca talk page. There are pages for this, you know. Go play over there ... and sign your comments.
Teddywithfangs 21:30, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Nevertheless, talking about Christianity on a talk page for Wicca is kinda pointless. The point of a talk page is to discuss the article, not compare religions, or insult others saying things like "at least I don't." That's why we have pages on other religions; so we have places to make fun of various omnipotent voyeurs.
- This is a humor site. On each page you joke about whatever bears that title. Therefore, all is in satire. I understand people get touchy about religion, but seriously, if poking fun/holes pisses you off, don't read articles making light of things important to you. Go add to the pages making fun of religions other than your own and make light of things important to them.
- If you don't know how to sign, or what to do, please read the “Welcome!” section that NeedABrain so kindly put on your discussion page. Or click the link that shows immediately below the box when editing a page (the one that starts with "Please read the Beginner's Guide").--Teddywithfangs 06:27, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
- Though I take your point that most organised and some disorganised religions share a lot more in common that many practitioners would care to admit, I'd like to keep this article as funny as possible without resorting to namecalling on either side of the supposed divide. --
You guys are right, I didn't realize what kind of site this was. My most sincere apologies, and don't worry, I am erasing all my parts I wrote up there. I am sorry again, and you won't need to worry about me anymore! 220.127.116.11 23:46, 25 January 2007 (UTC)Kyles_girl
- Hey, don't worry. We pagans have a sense of humour too. Stick around. --
I mean, I thought most of it was funny, but at the same time, I took offense. I dunno why, I guess that I am just used to people hating me for it. Sorry again, but the person that wrote the article did do a great job at it, I must add. 18.104.22.168 00:34, 26 January 2007 (UTC)Kyles_girl
- Yeah, sometimes its difficult when your life choices are questioned by morons, and most people of faith, whether pagan, christian, muslim or whatever are going to get the piss taken out of them by someone at some point. Even if your "faith" is science someone will question it. But THAT is a good thing. The more people question (including ourselves) the more we either find that our path is true, or else we are forced to find other routes to tread.
- Personally I find humour to be a great way to deal with "persecution". I'm not talking about laughing in people's faces, what I mean is if you can stop and laugh at your own beliefs it becomes very difficult for the opinions of others to effect you as much. And don't forget the Gods have a great sense of humour themselves.... :) --
You're right. I understand what you mean by being able to, i guess, laugh at what we believe. I mean, I laughed when I read that buttprints in the sand, (http://paganart.dreamdivining.com/butt-prints.html) that take on Footprints in the sand. And I guess the more that people make you think about what you believe, making you question it yourself, is the only way to truley find what your faith is. It's a pretty good concept. 22.214.171.124 02:08, 27 January 2007 (UTC)Kyles_girl
Similar to the Scientology page, this article contains to much fact and not enough BS. I think appropriate notifications should be used. thanks ------
- I actually think an article is much funnier if it holds a grain of truth, and although this article is far from my favourite it still manages to play with the truth, or sometimes the publics reflection of Wicca, for it to be funny. --
this page and you pigs
you all make me sick.
- Why? --
i personally laughed my fuc**ng ass off and i am wiccan. im now off fairy hunting skyclad with my wiccan brothers and sisters of the craft then were off to amber moonchilds for pure foods and talks on the burning times.
x x merry meet merry part and merry meet again x x
Hey Guys, as the person who actually took the last photo here (in Toowoomba in 2003), I just want to say I LMAO.
WHOEVER it was who added it knows the subject well enough to grock the extra level of parody here.
recent, Satan-centric addendums
This article has done well without the whole "Wicca is Satan-worship" bs, so I'd like to get rid of the new links to Satan, Satanism, and the random link to what looks to be a Hermetic ritual someone added to the bottom. They're non sequitur with the rest of the article ... and aren't funny. Teddywithfangs 21:48, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
Needs a good altar pic
The caption: "A typical Wiccan altar". The setup: 4 birthday candles, a pentacle drawn in black crayon, an electric fan to represent air/wind, a blowtorch to represent fire, a full ashtray (maybe with dirt in it) for earth, and an ordinary drinking glass full of water to represent water. The remote likelihood of this being an actual setup should be remote enough to make it amusing to both Wiccans and non-Wiccans I think. -- 10:01, December 2, 2009 (UTC)
the last edits were just not funny. they are gone and awesome has been added instead.