From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I think this entry needs one more like ending in "congratulations". Neoliminal 02:17, 3 February 2006 (UTC)
The spanish at the bottom is suppoused to be wrong? May I fix it?--Rataube 11:15, 4 February 2006 (UTC)
The picture of the horrendously huge and old VCR is hilarious. Congratulations.
This is genius.
This is beautiful, Congratulations. Grundlegod 14:26, 6 February 2006 (UTC)
Is it just me, or was this article funnier before it got highlighted? Seems that the "congratulations" joke is good for one use, maybe two. Flogging and dead horses come to mind... Smowton 22:47, 6 February 2006 (UTC)
- Mangled in a way which I hope keeps the best elements of both versions. Essentially, I've deleted every occurance of "congratulations" after the opening paragraph, which is the only place it even vaguely makes sense anyway. To pre-empt the obvious comeback that this is Uncyclopedia and not meant to be terribly serious or sensible, accurate satire is best. Smowton 12:48, 7 February 2006 (UTC)
edit Leave the Congrats
- It's part of the over all humor of the article! Have you ever read an old JVC manual??? It says congrats everywhere, so why shouldn't the article? Grundlegod 14:26, 7 February 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah I've seen it. The joke is made the second time you say "congratulations." We get it at that point; they say congratulations more than is necessary. Who's laughing at the 12th occurance? Smowton 20:29, 7 February 2006 (UTC)
- As the original author of much of the article, I feel that my opinion might carry some weight in establishing a diplomatic concession that we can all be happy with. In that light and after careful consideration, I would like to make the following statement: What the fuck did you people do to my article!? The congratulations thing is not that funny. There is precisely enough room for it to occur three times. I removed all but some hidden ones. I implore you to keep it this way. Doug 23:33, 7 February 2006 (UTC)
- Heh heh. Hear hear! Smowton 15:05, 8 February 2006 (UTC)
The Japanese section ends with the word "oiwai," which is Japanese for a congratulation, but not what you say when you're actually congratulating someone. That's "omedetou." I'm not sure if the mistranslation is intentional or not, so I'm just throwing it out there. User:Wehpudicabok/sig2 20:42, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
- I changed it myself. Revert if you like, though I don't think anyone's watching this page anymore. User:Wehpudicabok/sig2 20:58, 21 October 2007 (UTC)