Talk:The Gay Credenza
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit From Pee Review
Alright, I just created this article the other night, and I'm fishing for suggestions. I think the idea's reasonably solid. It's basically an allegory for the whole "gay agenda" debate, and most of the jokes rely on wordplay and puns (identified by links).
Things I would like some help on:
- A good introduction
- Any more ways to make draw parallels and make relevant puns about the issue
- A more balanced POV; right now most of the jokes are just parodies of right-wing arguments, and there are no jokes about the left.
- Any way to make the conclusion clearer (I was aiming for the idea that many homophobes are secretly gay themselves)
Thanks in advance! --Jordanus 20:30, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- It's unsubtle but works IMO. The ending is just fine too - David Gerard 10:47, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
- A great allegory for the whole gay issue, and probably better than any other gay-related articles out there. I made all of the blue links in the red guy's section red, which makes it look more consistant. Also, I ran a spell-check on it. Humorwise, however, the article is sound. -- §. | WotM | PLS | T | C | A 02:08, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- Wow... the bit about "floral fabric" is inspired... of your requests the only relevant one I would say is making jokes about the left-wing (which can be kind of difficult on an issue like this where the right has monopolised all the stupidity) But perhaps having the wife showing some more signs of over-tolerance to minorities or something could work? The best target to aim for is probably the idea of "positive discrimination" which is touched on by having the children babysat by "Ahmed" but could be made more obvious. Other than that, hilarious article. --Jamtrousers 09:10, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll see what I can do with it.--Jordanus 18:57, 8 October 2006 (UTC)