From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Constructive Suggestions
- I think this page should be included in the Category: Pages that look like the things they're about, and so I have added it to that category. Making it too long would be lame, in my opinion, we already have a HowTo:Make your Uncyclopedia article appear longer than it really is article... long has been done. --10rd Ben 06:46, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
edit Random Comments
"Useless"--Moonkea 18:32, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
^^ LMAO at that one. --188.8.131.52
^^^ It's annoying when people comment like that. --184.108.40.206
^^^^ It's also funny to see people commenting like that. --220.127.116.11
Wow, I have never seen so many great baby names in one place.
BUTTSy is a stubby himself.
Hey, I guess n00ne of U is cabable of evalu4ting due noone of U has ever been smoking crack (3dit: Xcept /me atm)
Hm, you got right with this crack thing :/
Is this supposed to be a self-reference? If not, it should be. This should be made into the longest article on Uncyclopedia, so it can be the polar opposite of a stub. Making it too short could also work but I think that's way too obvious. Tifego 06:41, 10 April 2006 (UTC)
yeah, someone please revert it to its funny version. Hey, what happened here? I remember this being hilarious, and now its a sentence of gunk about being a short wiki. What's the world coming to?
Now we've got to make it more than a list...
- http://uncyclopedia.org/index.php?title=Stub&oldid=651046 is a much better version. Most of the list could be cut out though 18.104.22.168 20:52, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
I like the idea of making it the largest article on Uncyclopedia. I drafted what could be the first line:
A stub (believed by most to be derived from the Greek word stubi, meaning "to shorten", but believed by a sizable amount of linguists to be from the French word stubé meaning "small and insignificant." Debate in linguistic and wiki communities still continues to the present day on the origins of the term, with a small group of linguists proposing recently that the term evolved from the Old English word steb, meaning "childhood." Yet others have proposed that the term derived from the Wikipedese word User:Stuby, meaning "that one annoying user who keeps writing articles with one word in them." A scholarly essay by a Harvard Professor in 2003 proposed that the term evolved from the Tahitian slang term stub meaning "a very short wiki article that does not have sufficient information on the subject it addresses") is a very short wiki article that does not have sufficient information on the subject it addresses.
And that would be the basis of the whole article: Going off onto random tangents of all facades of the stub. 22.214.171.124 03:11, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
- I agree, this should be the longest, most detailed article possible which fully explains (in the traditional style and accuracy of Uncyclopedia) the history, usage, role in other languages,... of the term. NumberJunkie 12:54, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
- It should be mentioned also that 'buts' is a stub spelled backwards and thus any article containing one more than two buts cannot be classified as a stub by the decree of Intercommunital Palindromical Congress of Stapleton (IPCS), and refer to the many comments in linguist teachers' papers that 'backward spelling is only fun if it doesn't mean anything'.126.96.36.199 14:48, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
- The article ought to be really long, I agree. As a joke, I'm going to take the text of the article, reverse it, and put it as buts. Surely this makes sense. But thats just me.01:54, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- Yes! Please! Anything that isn't the drivel that is currently is! Go into enormous detail about how to perfect a stub article, what defines stubiness, great examples from the past, a making-of documentary... anything! --Moonkea 18:32, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
why NRV?! It's funny cause its a stub!
edit Editing trouble.
Well, I was going to make it ridiculously long, or at least start, but I am unable to edit the article. Does anybody know why?
- Yeah, I want to edit stub too. I think it would be great if it was one of the longest and off-topic-est on-topic article here. Please unprotect it so we may edit it.
- Because you don't SIGN YOUR NAME after posting that's why, Moonkea! :P -- 11:28, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- Oh come on, you know that if we signed our postings with four tildes, it would defeat the purpose of a stub in general.
I do love how I, Moonkea, have become the butt of all jokes on this discussion page. I really should give a monkeys and edit my user page to reflect this fact.
Or not.--Moonkea 12:31, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
edit I like cheese
I'm just going to say, if any of you want a really long version of this page, then...
I like pie mmm 01:01, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
edit Overexcited template
The overexcited template seems very funny to me on this page, just the opposite of its intended meaning. Aleister in Chains 17:57, December 19, 2009 (UTC)