From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Right then, suggestions. Bugger, not good at these.
- Try expanding the gameplay section a bit. For instance, what about the flying saucers nipping across the top of the screen? You could speculate on its origin, purpose, and the fact that it never swoops in for the kill, perhaps? Then there's the way the way the invaders speed up as their number reduces - why didn't they just do that at the start? A tactical blunder, overconfidence, or limitations in their technology?
- The bit about mirroring the futility of human existence could be a section on its own, perhaps? Maybe about the philosophical implications of Space Invaders? It could be expanded with pseudo-academic babble and suchlike, before offering a view that this may be reading a bit much into a simple videogame. But funnier, obviously (I never promised good suggestions!)
- Mohammed vs. the infidels - surely there would be a problem with Islam forbidding any images of the prophet? You could explain how this was cleverly circumvented, or dismissed?
- Expand the cultural context section. The seperate ideas in there could all be expanded a bit - experiment in factory drones slaving in a never-ending and ultimately pointless exercise, shuttling back and forth, trying to dodge flak from their superiors above them, their few defences (perks) slowly being eroded by more and more "contributions" from above, and even seeing if they could be made to pay for the priviledge? (Sorry, did I mention I used to work for a big-ish company?) That kind of thing.
- Possibly a riff on some people not realising it was just a game - like groundskeeper Willie in Who Shot Mr Burns?
I'm not sure these are great suggestions, Ape, they're off the top of my head. But you did ask, and I tried to respond, although I'm a bit rushed today! Please ignore all of them unless you think you can do something with them. But please do expand the article, because I think with more content, and some sanding and polishing, this could be a really good article! --Sir Under User (Hi, How Are You?) VFH KUN 13:15, 25 August 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks-- 18:33, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
And one more thing this game was made before porn, but as porn has been invented no 12+ year olds want to play this anymore as they have something better to do... anything else oh yer who made this was it the simple man from down the road? :L