From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Singapore article.
we should start a singlishopedia or smth. like uncyclopedia written in singlish. that be cool.
is there a fundamentally good reason why this article has been rot13 encoded? --bdanials 02:11, 4 May 2005 (EDT)
- Never mind... its been fixed --bdanials 05:55, 4 May 2005 (EDT)
People in Singapore speak Engrish :(
- Facts detected! --UtarEmpire 00:58, 7 August 2006 (UTC)
Ugh, this is such a horrible massive article. I've had a running joke; "everything is illegal in singapore", for instance, if I want to say that someone is fat, I'd say, "in singapore it's illegal to be that fat". I was thinking we should make a list of jokes like that, kinda in the style of chuck norris facts. Only, I can't think of any really good ones right now. Any ideas?--Gubby 22:47, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
- I'm going to try and rewrite this article. It desperately needs it, and it needs the help of an...ahem...insider. --UtarEmpire 14:06, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
edit Can we talk more about Foreigners to make the article funnier?=
edit In singapore it's illegal to...
- Breathe privately owned air without permission of the owners. For this reason state postmen are issued special rebreathers.
- Write vowels, unless you are jewish, in which case it's illegal to write consonants.
- Prostitution is not illegal in singapore, however, being a prostitute is.
edit My countrymen
I do honour the blind patriotism I see that comes around here every so often and prompts a nameless IP address to blank this page in defence of the country. It interests me greatly in knowing that the government brainwashing is still so effective. Godspeed, morons! --UtarEmpire 00:26, 17 February 2007 (UTC)
edit In Singlish
I'll rewrite the whole thing in SInglish, ok anot? Ok rite! Ya ok la! 188.8.131.52 14:59, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- Absolutely not. The only reason this page is any good is because it's funny both to Singaporeans and non-Singaporeans. Singlish will ruin all that. UtarEmpire 13:38, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- How about one section in singlish.E.G.EXAMPLES OF SINGLISH.It sounds sort of refined cuz I hear my friends use it all day. -- 11:37, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
edit What happen!
The last time I read this, it was a lot funnier. Someone naughty has gone and put in a lot of things which are simply not funny... in addition to replacing the grammatical English with terrible English. WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? This article must be saved!
edit STARTING CPR!
I'm going over the article from the top and fixing the English. Major rehaul of badly written satire can come later. (Such as the "clever" references to the Cissegaran and Hussinian alien species... wait, what? It doesn't make sense, and it's not funny. This needs to be remedied.)
Before anyone rages against the changes I'm making, please see how to be funny and not just stupid.
- Okay, friend, if you want to improve this article, be my guest. But you ought to at least sign your name if you're going to make major changes to this article. --UtarEmpire 00:02, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
- Okay. --Boo19 20:36, 22 April 2007 (UTC) (Better? :D)
edit Things to do
I'll be using this to keep track of what has been done and what needs to be done.
Fixed a lot of bad English and slashed (sorry!) a lot of bad jokes/non-jokes. Need to beef up the page a fair bit to replace what's been deleted.
I'm going to take the Singapore page on wikipedia as a template to inject a little bit of organisation into this article. Too much stuff under people and culture - transportation and military, for example, should have their own section.
- History - Leaving this alone for now.
- Politics and government - More or less done. Perhaps change the images.
- Geography and Climate - Needs to be tidied up.
- Insert Water
- Economy - Needs to be tidied up.
- Insert Tourism
- Military - Needs to be tidied up.
- Demographics - Needs to be tidied up.
- Architecture - Create header or scratch this category.
- Culture - Needs to be tidied up.
- Insert Food
- Education - Should probably be reworked to be more relevant. Atm it's not biting enough to convey the sheer sense of despair which permeates every aspect of a child's life throughout his or her childhood.
- Transport - Needs to be tidied up.
- Insert "A note from the Ministry of Dispensation of Correct Information" - Rework this.
So much neater.
--Boo19 20:36, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
edit Not funny enough
Sadly, most of my jerk friends find this unfunny. M'sia is more funnier
Please make it more funny by putting in the addictions of S'porean youths such as
Maplestory, DotA, Hentai, blogs, friendster, myspace etc etc
I think that would make it more funnier
- It's called a wiki. Anyone can edit it. However, I think most of the aforementioned things are pretty inane myself, and they're hardly exclusive to Singapore. But you can give it a go if you want. --UtarEmpire 11:38, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
I lack experience :( 184.108.40.206 13:05, 2 May 2007 (UTC)
Zingapore is a wayyyy better name than Singapore. This article is not the least bit funny anyways, so theres no point to not change it to Z, Zexy, Zexy, Z.
- If you don't think it's funny, edit it. Don't vandalise it. --UtarEmpire 11:38, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
edit Catching up to Malaysia, huh?
Haha this article is getting really huge. Just like Malaysia. Keep it up.
edit Lets Catch up with Malaysia!
i believe that with more people polishing up this article, we might even rival Malaysia(72 kB). So, i have some suggestions for this article:
- Whats with the Cissegaran and Hussinian alien battle??? The only thing good with "The history of Singapore" is the Merlion gag and the WW2 gag. "Ever since, homosexuals had it bad in Singapore. Other than that, its not funny. Maybe you can do a "Invasion of Foreign Talent"?
- Why dont we have a "7 Wonders of Singapore"? (just like Malaysia.)
- And rewrite the SAF page please. NO MORE GUNDAMS PLEASE.
- or maybe add a page on the the
I know that talking is one thing, doing it is another. But try ur best. :-) --chengzy
Just read Malaysia. Fricking good. Catch up? Go for it!! :) 220.127.116.11 09:36, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
edit Rather Obsolete Content
Besides writing about how Singapore came about and its government, this article should include the funny side of the recent events that the government is proud having in singapore. --18.104.22.168 05:03, 30 January 2008 (UTC)The.Lethal.Shot
Okay.. Personally, I don't keep up with the ST Home section. Any ideas? Thanks! 22.214.171.124 09:35, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
edit Mas Selamat's Escape
i think we should have an article on Mas Selamat. I have some ideas for it. (ie. winner of the JI Scholarship, being a Singapore legend etc.) However, should i put this article under Singapore? or under a new article? plz advise and also will need ideas thx
edit Less Singlish?
Don't you think adding too much singlish is a little old? I mean, of course singlish is, ahem, important in Singapore's culture, but exaggerating it is a little off and can be very unfunny.
And yes, there should actually be a little more emphasis on MSBK and his little rendezvous. Tee hee.
What exactly is "Minister Mentor"? A minister of ministers? Singapore government is such a joke.
edit Save the article
It's getting annoying to see this article getting raped all the time. Can't somebody do something?--SporeMan43 05:22, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- I say we just try to make something decent out of this. GUN SotM UotM PMotM UotY PotM WotM 18:19, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
edit I may have something after all
- That's an insult. SIngapore is wayyy better than America, you know. 11:26, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
edit How About This?
- That's an insult. 11:26, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
edit I have an Idea
At our recent Question Time at the Uncyclopedia Senate, I announced that we should revitalise the Singapore article a bit. Since this is the only thing I will say, you have to obviously think up of new ideas. So, I picked two below. Have fun on deciding. |Si Plebius Dato' (Sir) Joe ang Giratina CUN|IC Kill | 05:38, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
edit Create a Malaysian-biased article on Singapore
edit Make an article so funny that it offends Singapore
- For. It has been tested and tried on Malaysia. |Si Plebius Dato' (Sir) Joe ang Giratina CUN|IC Kill | 10:35, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
Why don't we take America's wikipedia page and copy it here, only replacing America with Singapore? It's only fair that Singapore be granted Special "American" privileges. After all, everyone knows Singapore is better.11:26, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- Just a passing thought. Singapore is better, so why not make an article which clearly shows that? 11:26, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
One week in and we've gone nowhere. I'm putting this up for PEE next week. After the PEE we'll have one more week of writing then we're moving on. I figure the best way to go is another straight up Encyclopedic style. I've cut out a lot of chaff from the existing article. There's still some crap left, but there's also some stuff I think we can work with. If you wanna give it a Malaysian bias, go ahead, but let's keep this simple and move forward. I know nothing about Singapore so my contributions are going to be very limited here. I'm counting on the people who voted for this to get off their asses and start writing. Now. Gogogo. -OptyC Sucks! CUN14:33, 6 Jun
edit last push
okay folks, this article is hellishly long, and seems to be greatly weighted down with crap, even with opty already cutting about 60% of the original. i think we need to keep cutting, so i'm going to further hack stuff out. the only way this is going to end up being a decent article is if we end up with a short finished product. if you feel the need to restore some content, please do, but please don't restore more than a few lines, because, again, we REALLY need to cut this down. today will be the last day for this one, we're moving on at midnight. 15:29, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- well, as the article stands the current content is all relevant, so we don't need to do much more hacking, but i think a few touch-ups would do well. 15:46, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
alright, i've added a few small things to the article, but mostly i just don't know enough about singapore to feel comfortable adding much more. feel free to chip in further, we'll be getting it peed shortly. 17:30, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
edit Gum Ban/Merlion got struck by lightning
There IS something to talk about in the article,Eg
- Gum Ban
- Merlion Struck By Lightning
- Sang Nila Utama!(This can be based on Hossan Leong's spoof "We Live In Singapura".)
- Stamford Raffles' Pose 4 Statue
- MAS SELAMAT!(Probably get some rubbish from talkingcock.com.
--12:03, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
edit Why is Singapore protected from being edited?
Why can't I edit Singapore? I have so much good ideas but this article is being dictarorialy protected from being edited so please unprotect this article so that I can edit it. --126.96.36.199 01:31, July 17, 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for your inquiry. The article was protected in 2013 by Admin Simsilikesims who cited "excessive vandalism." Access is restricted to established Uncyclopedians. I imagine the target was anonymous users who think that "dictarorialy" is a word and that denying them free rein to make crufty edits is...whatever the noun form of "dictarorialy" would be. Stet. 03:07 17-Jul-16