Talk:Rock Hill, South Carolina
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit From Pee Review
I just would like to see what kind of potential this article has to be featured--23:07, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
|Humour:||4||The humor seems to me to be mostly of the "slightly reworked Wikipedia" variety. See endnotes.|
|Concept:||5||Well, someone ought to write articles about notable cities.|
|Prose and formatting:||6||The most original sections (on highschools) are the most poorly written. Most of the difficulties are in sentence flow and not grammar or spelling per se.|
|Images:||5||The joke here is of course that the pictures are of European cities and not Rock Hill.|
|Miscellaneous:||4||Personally, I feel that if one uses a Wikipedia article on a city as a starting point one has an obligation to make it silly.|
|Reviewer:||----OEJ 02:09, 26 January 2007 (UTC)|
From the Uncyclopedia article:
- As of the census of 2000, there were 49,765 people, 18,750 households, and 12,093 families residing in the city. The population density was 619.2/km² (1,603.8/mi²). There were 20,287 housing units at an average density of 252.4/km² (653.8/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 18.74% White, 2.55% Black, 14.0% Native American, 23.39% Asian, 10.3% Pacific Islander, .02% from other races, and 31.00% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0% of the population. Also nobody in Rock Hill is gay except 5 squirrels that live in a tree near I-77.
- As of the census of 2000, there were 49,765 people, 18,750 households, and 12,093 families residing in the city. The population density was 619.2/km² (1,603.8/mi²). There were 20,287 housing units at an average density of 252.4/km² (653.8/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 58.74% White, 37.33% African American, 0.50% Native American, 1.39% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 1.02% from other races, and 1.00% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.48% of the population.
Note that aside from altering the racial makeup of the city and adding five gay squirrels, there's not much difference between the paragraph from Wikipedia and the one from the Uncyc article. Not much humor in the Uncyc one, either. One could have written something like:
- As of the census of 2000, there were 49,765 people and 50,758 hogs residing in the city. These lived in 18 households and 2 very large hog-lovin' communes. The population density was 619.2 per square circle, or .0001 per cubic centimeter (not counting those living partially in quantum dimensions). The racial makeup of the city was 58.74% beige, 37.33% four-legged, 0.50% Martian, 1.39% water-breathing, 0.03% molluscan, 1.02% from other galaxies, 1.00% from two or more races, and 23% claiming extraterrstrial ancestry . Hispanic or Latino of any race were -2.48% of the population, meaning that they consisted of antimatter and must be kept away from normal Hispanics.
- Hispanic - anti-Hispanic explosions killed 17 people and 43 hogs in Rock Hill in 2005.
The last version may not be funnier, but is more creative. In my lackadaisical opinion this particular article has little chance of being featured in its current form. Just my opinion.----OEJ 02:09, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
- Exactly what Jack said. You somehow managed to mix staunch, dry Wikipedia tone with lowbrow gay jokes. On top of that, the article has no concept whatsoever. You'll probably have to rewrite most of it, in my opinion. ~ Unflameviper Who's a Peach? 02:15, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
I'm from and currently reside in Rock Hill. There is so much that actually exists in the town that could make this page funnier (ex. photos I could take, locals pronouncing Rock Hill like RAWKILLE, Northwestern High School's riding lawn-mower fetish, Wal-Mart). I know I'm new here, but, I'm not new to Rock Hill... --Sugandya 20:08, 14 April 2007 (UTC)