From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Four pies of the apocalypse
This has some potential. All it needs are those "Four Pies of Destruction" section from the original, and this shall be...
...PERFECT!Mashedpotatowithsomegravy 11:44, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
- I finally found this, in the history at 30-Jan-07. However, the four pies of the apocalypse were four pies of random free association, and not as good as what's here now. 14:43 24-Dec-09
edit More Pieism
Pieism is really the BEST religion, I mean all you have to do is SMELL a pie, and your a beliver. Seriously.
edit "This is your time"
Apparently, a bridge over the M58 has been vandalized with PIES and the name of this song. That would be a neat additional illustration for this article. It was posted to flickr.com on 22-Aug-09. Someone in the area might want to take a better picture and add it in. User:SpikeFromNH/signature 00:45, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
edit Cow cartoon
The caricature associates with Cow pie (or Cutie Pie, depending on your tastes).
edit "Your mother" joke
Sir, you caught the football but have a foot out of bounds. This article purports to be encyclopedic and sneaks jokes in; your section purports to tell a joke, which I am about to figure out. (And how did you know I am adopted?) But at least you put the section at the end. Regarding the initial photo, I do not know yet how to search the media; I merely typed in
Pie.jpg and that was the first thing that popped out. 17:38, October 2, 2009 (UTC)
- I do apologise. Your article (especially that magnificent photo & caption) made me giggle, so I wanted to contribute. I'm really not suggesting eating your mother. Unless you're hungry. Myocardialinfarction 03:46, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
No, I like the joke, just not joking so overtly. Would you mind if I moved your new section to make it the caption of the little cow cartoon?03:48, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Of course not - your article. Maybe even put it on talk page? Myocardialinfarction 11:36, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
It's now a caption (sorry not to wait for your reply!); and, in the bargain, the section entitled "Clean-up" again directly follows the one on "Pie throwing"! Not "my article," of course. (Unfortunately, sometimes.)11:49, October 3, 2009 (UTC) Changed my mind! your joke now is introduced (dead-pan) at the very top of the article, and told in a footnote. The cow cartoon is left uncaptioned and cryptic. Rationale on the talk page. Am glad you helped. 15:33, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Marvelous. Thanks for a) using the joke, b) structuring it for best effect and c) the lesson in doing so. Glad I could contribute. Myocardialinfarction 20:48, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
It is deliberate that the section unusually entitled "Clean-up" directly follows the section on Pie Throwing; and that the section on π is exactly 3. User:SpikeFromNH/signature 15:24, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
edit Changes by "Magneticforce"
Your changes to Pie are mostly good. But--
- "Nobody makes better pie than Mom" wasn't funny and the only reason it's there is to set up the joke in the footnote that you deleted.
- I now think we shouldn't mention pies without fruit until we jump in, in the second paragraph.
- Does "St.Mary's Catholic Primary School" relate to Sweeney Todd? Am I supposed to know what this is? If it's just a random name, the previous text was better.
...for the tips, and feel free to edit some more/carry on where I left off/completely re-write everything I wrote as much as you want. =] --Magneticforce 12:59, December 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you! but I've already rewritten this and am now just trying to ensure that new contributions flow smoothly, which is now done. You can see the history of the cannibalism joke above on this page. 13:36 24-Dec-09
edit Message to Spike from NverseMpossiblpRadox
Spike, if you don't like bad horror movies, you should stay away from bad horror movies. If you don't like classical music, you shouldn't listen to it. And if you don't think math jokes are funny (or you don't get them), you might want to spend your time on things other than whining about their presence in the entry for pi! I say my additions were an improvement. You're innately biased against additions made by other people to the page you created whether they are good or bad, I get that, but you are not the final authority on what is funny. And I'd wager, in this niche, your opinion is worth less than mine. Maybe you're a better teddy bear humor expert or a bigger expert on cheese, but not this. The people who look up pie and read the pi subsection, I guarantee you, will be there to see some math humor. DEAL WITH IT. They PROBABLY will agree with ME, not YOU, on WHAT is funny, certainly within that niche. So get over yourself. I'll give you a while to read this and revert your reversion of my edit yourself. Go ahead, present a counterargument if you want. At the very best all you can probably do is give me a your-word-against-mine opinion unless you seek the unbiased opinions of impartial people who are not your friends and get math humor. Good luck with that. If I hear nothing after a day or two, I'll revert your reversion and put it back the way I made it. i-8-million-pi. I say it's funny. Who are you to disagree? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by NverseMpossiblpRadox (talk • contribs)
- He's someone who knows better than to use your momma jokes for no apparent reason, for one. What you did probably looked to him like yet another piece of vandalism, well-meaning or otherwise, as not only did it not fit with what is there (the pie * e wasn't a bad notion, but nothing else in the section supported that), but most of what you added was as good as nonsense, technical knowledge or otherwise... please, mon. Intelligent contributions are welcome, but if you have not read HTBFANJS and the beginner's guide, no promises as to what may happen. 22:47, 21 February 2011
- (After edit conflict) Your addition was nerdy and number-heavy. It made the section harder to read and not a bit funnier. Who am I? just someone who signs his messages. Don't start your life here with such drama. 22:49 21-Feb-11