Talk:Letter to the Isle
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Letter to the Isle article.
- "Mainland Americans have more than enough accents to cope with in our own country, so all British dramas will now bear subtitles," xD
Mostly I actually agree with the article. I don't see the point in adding an extra "u" to the words "color" or "favorite". It's as much of a waste of time as it can be. Though I think I get the "s" instead of "z" thing. The accents in the UK would make an 's' sound like a 'z', or atleast not as noticeable. In America, it'd sound like "capital-lice". Interesting article. Mightywayne 13:33, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, could someone do one for America?! That'd be hilarious! Mightywayne 13:35, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
Mightywayne, it's already done: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blrevocation_cleese.htm?rd=1 and it was probably the inspiration for this article. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- Inspiration? More like a mirror-Image. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
- Thanks, IP! That was a damn-good article, too. Mightywayne 13:31, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
edit This article...
...is really fricking hilarious. Everything I had to deal with coming over from England is accurately and humourously portrayed. Congrats to whoever wrote this/contributed. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
All that despite the fact the UK invented the English language... and the US.
- British English is derived from a Germanic language, so the Germans invented English (and Britain, under your definition of invented).
British English, like French French, has deviated more from the colonial period than its North American counterpart.
Shouldn't there be an attack on the European AC frequency (AC is most efficient at 60 per a minute, yet Europe uses 50).
edit From Pee Review
edit Shut up
You mentally deficient, a-whole-picnic-short-of-a-picnic son of a monkey-buggerer, you have the IQ of a highly intelligent pebble and my SCHOOL is older than your entire country! And before you start criticising us, get your facts straight, you tit. P.S., I do NOT live in London and I DON'T know the Queen.