Talk:Independent State Of Croatia
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Official Motto
To avoid retarded, wikipedian-like wars... I hate being serious on uncyclopedia, but, I want to avoid previous experience- wikipedian-like edit war (and we all hate wikipedia).
My edit was: For Great Chieftain We Are Ready. User 18.104.22.168 changed my edit to: "For Homeland, We Are Ready".
My (bad) joke was a free (mis)translation from real NDH phrase Za dom i Poglavnika spremni meaning For Homeland and Poglavnik We Are Ready . Poglavnik could be translated as headman, ruler, chairman... It doesn't have a specific translation. And poglavnik somewhat resembles poglavica (chieftain). And I found it funny. I know that my joke is bad, but I believe that it's better than the second one.
But to avoid silly edit war, I will ask someone neutral to judge for himself or give a new, better motto. If nobody replies in a week, I will temporarily reverse the 22.214.171.124's edit to mine or write a new official motto.
--Truthseeker1412 23:17, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
edit Not funny at all
This article was really funny: http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/Croatia
And current article is not funny at all. I don't know what is the reason for that but I can see that some annoying Wikipedia contributors found their way to this site. I, as a Croat, am not offended at all but this is just boring. It is cool that there is mirror site as, obviously, Uncyclopedia died. It was only matter of time. I would not drink beer with most of Wikipedia authors, let only read some of their "jokes". Boring bureaucrats, especially if they are from ex-Yugoslav territory in which case they are frustrated boring bureaucrats. 126.96.36.199 02:38, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Just improve it then. Mattsnow 03:03, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Why doesn't someone lift the redirect. The original piece on Croatia was a bit more funny (and the source is available for c/p), and this article is not totally unfunny, even tho it does reek of the type of humour Wikipedia ex-Yu editors would find funny, with way too little random, crazy humour, and way too much political agenga. Still why not have both? Peejunk (talk) 18:38, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
edit What Happened?
The Croatia page used to be funny, now it is just messed up and not amusing. Is the main editor Serbian or something? Because the Serbia page is still the same as it was years ago. I mean really grow up and get over yourselfe. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- Thank you for finding a pre-vandalism version of this page in the History. But please use this talk page for positive suggestions and not armchair psychology. 12:11 15-Sep-13
Sorry, its just when I see the Serbian page is poking fun at all other countries except Serbia and is locked while the Croatian one was uncreative and obvious edited out of bitterness and unlocked it kind of bugged me.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
- If you register for an account and log in, and stay registered, sticking around and making good edits, you may find the article unlocked. Too many "anonymous" users come along just to vandalize. -- 21:36, September 15, 2013 (UTC)
- A reminder: We define "good edits" on the basis of humor, not on the basis of how favorably they portray Croatia. Be sure you are interested in this same thing. 23:43 15-Sep-13