From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Holocaust Tycoon article.
|This article was nominated for deletion on June 1, 2007.
The result of the discussion was Keep.
edit Gulag Tycoon
The sequel to holocaust tycoon, there needs to be an article on it.
edit Offensive humor
This is probably the most offensive article on the whole site. And I'm not Jewish, either.
- The only thing offensive is insinuating homicidal gassings of Jews.
- Thank you. I thought that the Cancer Porn had raised the bar beyond the reach of most of us, so I am delighted to hear your comments. Thanks, again. --
- Yeah, this is horribly offensive. Laugh out loud, talk about insensitive. I love Uncyclopedia! --Legolasegb 16:12, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- Aw, so does that mean Counterstrike: 9/11 is a no-go come September? ;)
- Hmmmmmmmmm......Duke Nukem WTC? --
- Actually I think it is rather funny making fun of how game designers especially the tycoon game designers really are scraping the bottom of the barrell.
This is the greatest article on the entire site. It's eye-bleedingly offensive, and akin to crashing a funeral and morris dancing on the coffin. --Bheid 18:56, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you, young man. Your kind words fair bring a tear to my eyes. --
Due to family history I really feel a connection to the Holocaust and am pretty sensitive about it, this page did offend me at first. BUT when I scrolled down and saw the "HALT, HAMMERZEIT" thing that made it all worth it!! Norske 14:21, 18 December 2007 (UTC)
At least the spelling and grammar could have been cleaned up.... It is very offensive. Especially the fact that this is the whole theme today. It's not funny.
- Just so you know, this wasn't a majority-decision of the sysops here at Uncyclopedia. I'd tell you who created the reskin and subsequently forced it upon us, but I'm not one to "snitch". Anyways, on behalf of the opposition, (of the reskin) sorry about the whole thing and we hope this doesn't lead you to form a very very negative image of who we are and what we stand for. --⇔ 16:50, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- I'm not an admin or anything but i'd just like to point out that Hitler is the butt of the joke here... nobody is promoting or endorsing what he did. George VI 17:20, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed, it's a joke. But considering that this might be the first time some users have stumbled upon Uncyclopedia, this should not have been on the frontpage. Ever. Also, today's the date Hitler was born. I'm not saying this is honouring that or anything, but it sure as hell is letting the people know (whatever that means). Even Wikipedia was smart enough to leave it out of their "On this day".... --⇔ 17:28, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
I'm not new to Uncyclopedia, and I realize that this is a joke on Hitler, but I still think that the total reskin and the poorly executed entry could have been done in a more obviously inoffensive way. And it is nice to know that this was not a unanimous decision.
Hard to pass it off as a joke on Hitler when he is only mentioned once or twice halfway through the article. Whether you read this for entertainment, or shock that something this insensitive (no, not funny, INSNESITIVE) actually exists, know that the person who made it left humor out altogether.
- I've copied this conversation onto Talk:Main Page. Further discussion concerning the reskin may be held there. --⇔ 19:01, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
Uhm, I think some serious modifying or deleting needs to go into the Units section, it's kind of unfunny. I tried patching it up a bit yesterday (IP 18.104.22.168) but it's still terrible. Plus it was all added by one IP address from Finland according to the edit history, which never bodes well. Are there any bits of it people actually want to keep, or should we just scrub the whole thing? -Underscore 14:45, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- And you got to it after I did. It was even worse before; I deleted a third of the entries.
- I'm somewhat indifferent as to whether we keep the Units section or not. Thanks for your cleanup. -- Rei 16:12, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- I do like the Units section, but I think its in danger of running away with itself. As long as we keep it under control it should be OK. I'm looking to make a game screenshot to go with that section which should improve it a tad. --
- Alright, I'll see if I can edit it to increase the hilarity quotient. Any units we absolutely have to keep? Underscore 16:37, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- Not by me. :) -- Rei 17:57, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
edit Neo Nazis have a real game like this, by the way
I remember seeing a TV special about it. Don't know what it was called, but someone actually wrote a "sim concentration camp" game where the object was to kill as many people as possible.
--Hrodulf 19:49, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah....the links to some "real" games were added to the bottom of the article. The frightening thing is this article is a slightly disturbing joke, the fact that in reality someone has created something similar says a lot about the mentality of some people. --
- Tjat is very strange to have a real game like this though my favrourite line in this article is "you can change everything... except the moustache!"
edit Great Article
This article is like dead baby jokes. If you are offended by things on this site you're taking things too seriously.
Don't be stupid. I wouldn't tell a little kid "how many of you would it take to paint a wall red?" to his face. Its just mean.
I was giggling like an idiot while reading most of the article, but when I got to "250 GB of lebensraum; invading Poland recommended to obtain extra space. (problems may occur)" I burst out laughing. A+++++. Would read again. Nonymous 05:57, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
There seems to be a similar game (joke?) Well, this might be a game for poor Holocaust Survivors not able to afford a computer.
- Brilliant! -- 05:35, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
edit Minor Edits
Made a few minor edits for grammar and spelling.
Disgusting, offensive article. Bravo! Keep 'em coming! And Heil Hitler! --Grammar Nazi 05:25, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
edit I am deeply offended!
Mhaille, you bastard! Thought you'd slip this one under Uncyclopedia's collective nose, eh? I'll see your ass in court for this one, buddy! -- §. | WotM | PLS | T | C | A 06:07, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah well, I was only following orders... --
I'm always deeply offended by alleged victims making demands based on phoney claims!
There's even some subtlety on the page. I like that.--22.214.171.124 21:32, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
edit DPRK Section
Ok, warning to whoever previously decided, UNILATERALLY, to just remove this section, DON'T DO IT AGAIN. It's not up to one person to decide whether it's funny or not. I personally think it's worth posting and some other people think so too, and bad grammar is no reason for you to wipe out the entire thing- you can correct the grammar u know!
Hey, lets take the one most painful events in a single race of people's history, while some people who survived it are still alive, and turn it into a joke! Thats funny, if you are not Jewish. Or have ever experienced holocaust.
- Poorly written does not equal bad grammar. Poorly written equals poorly written. It was unfunny, redundant, and pointless. Need I break it down?
- "== Holocaust Tycoon: The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (that's 5 inherent lies in one name) ==" -- Preachy, with an aside that pulls you away from the article.
- "The people who were in charge of the original Holocaust tycoon have now grown so fat off of the profits they made from the game and expansion that they were too lazy to even sue when this expansion got going and as a result this one is made by Red Army Enterprises in partnership with SS and People’s Army Games and Torture." -- Long, boring sentence, written in a style that sounds like a high school creative writing assignment.
- "In the new expansion the player goes beyond controlling a camp in some desolate country, now he is the desolate country." -- Well, if we *do* want to get into grammar, if you can't even recognize a comma splice, you have no business writing. That's only one step up from a run-on. You also need a comma after expansion. Plus, this figurative language is at odds with the literal language used with the rest of the article, as well as general encyclopedia style.
- "The player is given the title of the Minister of The Interior which gives him complete freedom to do anything he wants with the country of North Korea building up to the eventual nuking of the United states, the subsequent failure of the nuke and its exploding in the center of Pyongyang as well as the follow up invasion by US forces." -- Once again, way too long, rambling, pointless, and with poor grammar.
- "In the last mission the player must sacrifice the entire army in one great and glorious offensive in the name of the Great Leader so that he may delay the US army for two minutes which will be enough to starve the remaining prisoners and keep them out of US imperialist hands, after which the player must defect in order to survive and betray the whereabouts of the Dear Leader." -- Long, poorly written, preachy, and adds nothing to the article.
- I can keep going if you want me to. It only gets worse. -- Rei 16:49, 2 January 2007 (UTC)
edit DPRK Section 2
Red Army Marshal (too lazy to log in again)
We'll see if people like it.
Oh, and my atrocious grammar is </s>one of the few things im proud of in life
CORRECTED! CHECKMATE, MOTHERFUCKER!
- Atrocious grammar is nothing for a person who wants to write (even on a parody encyclopedia) to be proud of.
- I can only assume that you meant to say "We'll see if people like it." It's hard to tell when someone has this much trouble with English (which I hope is not your native tongue). I won't touch it for 3 days. After that, if it's not redone and/or does not get outsider support, your poorly written, pointless addition is fair game, and I'll remove it mercilessly. -- Rei 22:40, 2 January 2007 (UTC)
- Hi! Outsider support here!!! You have three days to delete my comment or I will throw a hissy fit just like you!
- What makes you think that I would delete a comment?
- Two to one, it stays for now, unless others weigh in against that piece of junk. :P -- Rei 17:57, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
In the overview, it says the goal of the game is "bla bla, while gaining the favor of fuhrer". Later, it says fuhrer is a unit in the game, that represents the player. Which is it? Pick one. And don't you dare giving me the "Oh, I didn't read your comment so I'm not gonna respond" bullshit. --Medvedev (scream) 17:53, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
Kid, Uncyclopedia doesn't even know if Tetris or Jenga was responsible for 9/11. Uncyclopedia idolizes American Dad when bashing Family Guy but bashing both when talking about American Dad. Fucking satire, kid. 126.96.36.199 12:46, October 6, 2012 (UTC)
--188.8.131.52 05:19, 18 January 2007 (UTC) Comment, what comment?
edit Careful with Unit edits!
Beause I liked them, and they're usable. Erm... why do I care about their usability? Because I'm gonna program this game! =) By the way, anybody wanting to participate, write me. The game would be made in VB6.
--184.108.40.206 13:13, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
edit Re: inconsistency
Erm, what about having Fuhrer the main unit in game (because if he was removed, it would be a great loss), and having the goal: "while gaining favor of the Master Race"?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
edit Well done
- Laugh out loud, Jews. Sheneequa 22:20, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure Sheneequa and Ket are the only ED users who have actually bothered to read more than just the random page stuff and AAAAAAAA. --Reverse Genocide Cockatrices 13:12, December 20, 2009 (UTC)
edit Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
One afternoon, I was in the backyard hanging the laundry when an old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home. But when I walked into the house, he followed me, sauntered down the hall and fell asleep in a corner. An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out. The next day he was back. He resumed his position in the hallway and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks. Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: "Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap. " The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar: "He lives in a home with ten children - he's trying to catch up on his sleep."
I cried from laughter Sorry, if not left a message on Rules.
I read that story in fourth grade. Chicken Soup for the Soul, bitch! 18.104.22.168 12:46, October 6, 2012 (UTC)
edit How to send PM?
Hi, how I can send PM?