From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
I did a bit here about space camp and Billie Joe and Mike building Tre Cool everyday after school. I'd just like to know why it got deleted lol, I really enjoy this site and I read the article about how to be funny. Could I have some feedback? --OldAndInYourWay (talk) 16:41, April 12, 2013 (UTC)
- I undid your last two edits. All they did was insert "Osama bin laden (Named Tre Cool for obvious reasons?)"--that is, drop the name of bin Laden into the story and expect it to be funny by itself--and did so at the expense of lots of prior text (which wasn't Pulitzer-Prize material either, "used ladders and hippopotamus extract"). HTBFANJS notes that our articles need more than odd, random ideas; they need for them to be related to one another in a funny way. Did you make other edits that got reverted before picking this user name? 17:02 12-Apr-13
I just added some stuff here (sorry I wasn't signed in), such as a discography section and a joke about their former band name, and they were deleted. I guess I can see why the discography section was removed, but if you ask me it wasn't any more childish sounding than the rest of the article. Also I don't see what was wrong with the pedophilia joke referring to the name "Sweet Children"
One more thing, I corrected misspellings of Billie Joe and those were also deleted? Is intentionally misspelling something considered funny around here? I'd just like a few reasons. --FrancisHatesYou (talk) 22:20, August 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for registering! I deleted your edits. As I noted in the Change Summary (call up the article and click on History at the top, I saw one Pedo reference and a discography full of toilet puns. As we note in HTBFANJS, lists tend to be extended forever and also tend to tell the same joke over again.
- Spelling stuff correctly is very desirable as it helps us resemble an encyclopedia. However, I just hit the Rollback button rather than try to salvage some of your 5 edits. It would be nice if you would reapply that edit; but if you want me to do so in exchange for my meat-axe approach to your edits, I'll do so.
- Drive-by Pedo references are as unwelcome here as editing an article on an actress to add, "She's a slut!" However, if you wanted to invent a detailed explanation of this, and do it in a delicately encyclopedic way, that would be a good thing.
- I'll put a formal (though canned) welcome on your user page now, which includes more information about the website. 22:33 23-Aug-13
Yeah I know, I saw your change notes. (I may be somewhat new to this particular wiki, but I've been to others before, I know how to use it...) I also skimmed over the beginner's guide and read a lot of the stuff in there before I edited anything.