From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
My attempt at satirizing Glock's reputation (or at least the rep their advertising created) of being the "Perfect" handgun. I kind of worry that it won't be funny to people who don't know about guns, but I think that everyone will get the joke that it's completely excessive. Jboyler 02:35, 31 October 2006 (UTC)
- I find it hilarious, but it is kind of a niche market you're selling those jokes to. Maxmillian 21:02, 31 October 2006 (UTC)
- What about a twist such as "semi-automatic time peices"? Glock = Clock... Heh... TheJIm01 06:10, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
- That makes me wonder if there is a Coco (Gogo?) Glock.Verp 22:24, 3 March 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, definitely a small audience for this kind of humor. Just look at how few comments there are here. And no one touched on how the "perfection" does not offset the outlandish cost of a Glock pistol. And who needs a gun that can be buried in sand, thrown in water, and run over by a truck but still fire? One very clumsy hangunner. I think I will edit that joke in here somewhere. HeroReborn126.96.36.199 13:46, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Socky, that has to be the most inane thing you could ever say about this. BTW, the last paragraph is just stupid and not funny. Any objections to delete/rewrite? 188.8.131.52 21:05, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
I fixed some vandalism recently from somebody who doesn't like Glocks. If you want to write a whole article about how bad the gun is, at least make it be funny. Having an article that makes jokes about how great the gun is, and at the very end writing that you hate it and it sucks, is contradictory but not funny. It needs to be thematically consistent, or else all we have is a page of random bullcrap.
- Hey, wait! The first model Glock was the Glock 7, an all-ceramic gun that was invisible to airport metal detectors. It was the favorite weapon of mercenaries and gained a deserved sinister reputation for being the standard sidearm of the ex-military terrorists who took over Dulles airport exactly 1 year after the infamous Nakatomi Tower takeover.