From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
|This article was nominated for deletion on May 12, 2012.
The result of the discussion was Keep.
edit Discussion during May 2012 VFD
- see also the VFD entry
All right, which former phrase did you like, and why?16:20 11-May-12
- Well, technically I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I did like this:
|Nostalgic viewers write to ask her to visit and remodel their living spaces, most just wanting to see her sweet rack in a tight shirt. To their chagrin, she insists on wearing dark and loose-fitting clothes, which probably explains the show's declining ratings.|
- It's not particularly funny, but it's gleefully crude in an obvious sort of way, which fits the literally in-your-face photos and their captions. Whereas the current version...
|Nostalgic viewers write to ask her to come remodel their homes, most just wanting another peek at that Dear rack.|
- ...just seems a little understated. I guess I wish there were a way to ...eh... enhance the "Dear rack" pun. It's a quibble, really.
As I explained on VFD, I have been trying to get away from crude (even gleefully crude) toward clever (such as working in Dear, from the show title, into another reference to her tits). The former second sentence simply states that when she doesn't show a lot, the audience leaves--but it made the third time for that joke. Thank you for clarifying.19:11 11-May-12
- Sure. Of course, somebody once told me that repetition is the first key to comedy. They said that the second key is repetition, and that the third key is repetition, and the fourth key is repetition. And the fifth key is boobs.
Yes, UN:HTBFANJS mentions repetition--but it's repetition of the same word or phrase for comic effect, not telling the same joke three times to beat it into the reader's head, especially when "probably" weakens it. Anyway, how do you like it now? I put "in a tight shirt" back for you, and extended the sentence. Oh, that's right, you voted Keep anyway.... 23:03 12-May-12
- Dude, it's your article. Funkin Gonuts. The last person you should committeefy an article with is me. My haha skills went in the shitter five months ago.
Ah! drugs. "Dude," I am not saying you get a veto; I am asking your opinion, as you seem to share a dissimilar joy of lechery.23:23 12-May-12
- I just ♥ boobies. ☺