Talk:Fisher Price: A Retrospective
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
edit Significance of the Title
I'd like to see the seemingly unrelated title expanded upon. Much has been said of the body of work, but surly the name is of some significance.
Sorry Volte, but your so wrong. Or you might be rigt, since I gave a sane explanation--Suresh 23:34, 16 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- It's not a bad idea, sorry for reverting it so bluntly. However, the whole thing is written like a serious English paper, with a rather formal tone, which your addition broke. I may try to work it into my style though, because the idea is sound. -- 23:37, 16 Jan 2006 (UTC)
I can buy that. If you add the explanation (which was the first that came to my mind) , but keep your style I think it will enrich the article. --Suresh 23:47, 16 Jan 2006 (UTC)
you know, if you think about it, all we seem to do in modern life is go, eat, shit, and fuck. With that in mind the sentance appears to command us to do as comes naturally -- a taoist message perhaps --Huffers 11:28, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
- or maybe the author is pissed off with this modern system of meaningless life, and is expressing his hatred of the status quo thusly: 'Go, eat, shit?? Fuckers.' (notice in this more bitter interpretation, it is assumed that the author isn't getting as much 'fucking' as in the previous interpretation) --Huffers 11:45, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
- I think this is the first time I've said wow out-loud to an internet article. That was surprisingly introspective. The supreme irony is that I can't tell if you were being serious. --Johnfn 22:50, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- I've added the Taoist impression to the acticle. What a wonderful message has been given to us! Rad 20:47, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
Wonderfully snort-worthy article --Joachim22 10:22, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
The obvious meaning was completely missed: "shit fuckers" is a command, or perhaps request, to defecate people engaged in the procreative act. I rectified this ommission. --Falcotron 18:12, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- Not bad, actually! c • > • 19:01, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
I love this article more than my own children. -- RoboJesus
Hey, when I saw this on the front page, I thought it was vandalism. What's up with that?
- Euroipods, part II, anyone? --Donut Buy One!|F@H|MUN|NS|Please Help Me|. 01:05, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
Under the category of "Procreative elimination" it is assumed that it is the procreative beings themselfs that are to be defecated. While this is most likely true, it may only be half the truth as it makes the prior statement "go eat" seem somewhat out of place. While this may be a simple reminder to the reader of the neccesities to sustain life, it is more likely that it is in fact the yet to be mentioned "fuckers" that are to be consumed and then defecated. This blends with the "futility of life" explanation as it is demonstrated that the consciously caused change is not permament; the procreative beings do not remain in a consumed state. This is a woundrously clear metaphor for how insignificant the progress of mankind is in an eternally expanding universe as well as the circle of life and the futility of trying to tamper with it. The choice of procreative beings over the endless other objects that can be consumed and defecated in the universe is here a statement, of sorts, discussing the human tendency to respond to their own insignificance by applying hedonistic values Baron of Greed 15:48, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
Has anyone examined anagrams of the phrase? Maybe the author was sending us secret messages.
- suck a fresh ego tit
- risk a hot feces tug
- got a sucker fetish
--Namtar 01:13, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- Crush fake egotist!
- Fur Shock Gate Site
- Sick ghost feature
- Huge Fat Rocks Site
- Ho-fuck strategies
- The Fargo Suck-Site
c • > • 01:30, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
The Only relevant possibility:
Shit Gut, Ark O' Feces --18.104.22.168 07:13, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
- Perhaps a religious message: the painful sounding 'Fuck Gorse, Atheist!' --Thegooseking 13:51, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
"Allez manger la merde baiseurs" would be better. Al-Pita 12:34, 24 August 2006 (UTC)
- Actually, the French would be "allez manger des merdes baiseurs"... I think. I'd change it, only the page is still protected. WHY IS IT STILL PROTECTED?! WHY?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?! ~ 09:21, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
go eat shit fuckersYeah, I'll fix that now...-- 13:47, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks. Fixed. Allez manger des merdes baisers. ~ 13:49, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
- Which one is correct depends on what the statement is supposed to mean. "Allez manger des merdes baiseurs" means "go eat people who fuck shit," while "allez manger la merde baiseurs" means "go eat shit, fuckers," like it says in the literal interpretation part. At least I think so...I'm a year 5 French student but I'm not French. If someone is and can confirm which is correct that would be helpful...
- Thanks. Fixed. Allez manger des merdes baisers. ~ 13:49, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
edit I had an idea
I had thought about this for a while (way too long) and I think maybe another angle you can look at it is that the author is trying to analyse the nature of profanity itself. "Shit" for example, can be feces, for a general term for "stuff" "Hey, can I put my shit here?" "Hey, get your shit out of the way!" And as for "fuckers" it can mean "One who engages in sexual intercourse" but can it not also simply mean "people" of no particular type or class? If read this way the statment mean: "go eat things people." Eating things is a basic survival fuction, but phrase vulgarly it becomes something disgusting. It goes to show that profanity can render something so unotable as eating into something abhorrant.
- I love it, this should be added! 22.214.171.124 21:12, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- FUCKING BRILLIANT. --User:Nintendorulez 23:44, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
- I took the liberty of extending this section to include a statement about disgust for anorexics. Feel free to remove or rework if you think it doesn't work. -- 11:17, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
edit I have an Idea too.
I think we should celebrate this awesome hapening with making a article about it! I'll get started right away! I'll call it The day that unecyclopedia's main page rocked.
I'll post picture and we can have our little say about it
edit Cause-and-Effect Interpretation?
"Go eat: shit fuckers." Either it tells the reader to eat and then excrete fuckers, or it provides a cause and effect relationship: that if one were to eat, one would shit fuckers. Either interpretation assumes that the fuckers are the things being shat. --User:Ximm/sig 20:38, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
edit Pure Genius...
This is, without doubt, the funniest article I've EVER read here. My hat goes off to everyone who made this... Thankyou! =)22:16, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
Consider that seconded. Amazing. The allusions made are priceless. RZ 06:15, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
My favorite article, without any doubt whatsoever.Mastermund
Indeed. I wonder how the person who wrote the go eat shit fuckers thing feels now... Megamanfanx7 14:44, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
Making something as simple as fuckers eating shit and turning it into a huge explanation is awsome. dunno who wrote it but mad props homes. Peace out dawg- Wolffencer 14:36, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
Because of the importance of punctuation in this article, under A Comment on Profanity, where it says, Go eat stuff people, it should say Go eat stuff, people, with a comma before people. I would change it myself but I can't. So I'm complaining about it here. --126.96.36.199 23:36, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Done.-- 23:54, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
Number 4? Bullshit! Why didn't I vote? (How do I vote?) 188.8.131.52 05:09, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
Yea! NUMBER ONE! NUMBER ONE! NUMBER ONE! Aaadddaaammm 06:24, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
edit I have another idea
"Go, Eat! Shit fuckers!" Eat is a person/animal/robot/being, and is cheered on by the writer and encouraged to shit fuckers, meaning that people/animals/etc. engaging in sexual intercourse are coming out of Eat's rectum.
- Or perhaps Eat is being cheered, but something bad happens afterwards meriting profanity? Perhaps a sub-heading under "A Cheer"? -- 11:22, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
edit The word 'fuckers' may also refer to people who are saying the phrase 'go eat shit'
For example, 'Go eat shit! - Fuckers'.
And also - it is a good (IMHO) Russian translation - "иди ешь блин бля". Maybe this will produce many other meanings for the original English phrase.
And I want to add that we also have an article UnBooks:Fischer Price. Maybe we will put a template "not to confuse".
(Sorry for my English - I'm from Russia.)
--184.108.40.206 14:49, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
edit Jumping on the idea bandwagon.
Has anyone analyzed the clearly related work, "eat shit and die" ? I believe this is an earlier work by the same author. It uses the familiar quartet form and has myriad meanings and sub-meanings, yet clearly isn't quite in the same league as "go eat shit fuckers."
Of course the work, "Go eat shit and die fuckers" is clearly a second-rate copycat and should be ignored.
--220.127.116.11 11:07, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
edit Slogan of Fisher Price
The slogan of Fisher Price? Not Play. Laugh. Grow, but Go. Eat. Shit. (Fuckers!) King Joe of the Philippine Empire- I am the REAL dictator! 09:51, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
edit Yet another idea.
I think it'd be interesting to view it in the perspective of a loner: "Go, eat-shit fuckers!" this could be the result of bad childhood leading to ineducation, if i may, and thus the difficulty in trying to describe 'fuckers that eat shit' as a nickname, general or one-word reference. The loner would want to be left alone, and thus the 'Go,'. (18.104.22.168 21:17, 30 November 2008 (UTC))
edit The mention of Fisher Price largely ignored!
I find this to be very troubling. The statement was written in the context of "Fisher Price". Why on earth are so few interpretations incorporating this?
- Because nobody cares about Fisher Price. GUN SotM UotM PMotM UotY PotM WotM 21:05, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
edit Possible inspiration
“Go eat shit fuckers.”
After lengthy research, I propose the theory that 22.214.171.124 may have been inspired at least in part by the above Oscar Wilde quotation. In Wilde's day, "shit fucker" would have been a socially acceptable euphemism for a practitioner of anal intercourse, much preferable to "molly", "pansy" or "sodomite" in mixed company, and not unlike our modern "turd pusher" or "shit stabber." One Fisher Price is indeed mentioned in Wilde's infamous "black book", and it is not inconceivable that Wilde's witty remark may have been subtly concealed advice to said Price to taste the joys of post-anal-intercourse fellatio. This may be the main thrust of 126.96.36.199's seminal work.
Although 188.8.131.52's masterpiece, with its wealth of hidden meaning, profound commentary on the human condition, stimulating flow of ideas, and rousing climax, clearly shoots leaps and bounds beyond Wilde's trite witticism, still, there are enough parallels to suggest that 184.108.40.206 may have found a modicum of inspiration in Wilde's observation. Although I am skeptical, some have gone so far as to suggest that Wilde himself may be the author of "Fisher Price", published under an obscure pseudonym in order to elicit an unbiased public appraisal. It is sad that the genius of "Fisher Price" is only now being appreciated. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- Don't be silly. We all have our idols, but there's such a thing as taking it too far. You're acting like one of those dewey-eyed English majors that think Shakespeare is so magnificent that he couldn't have been one person, but rather a committee of people, because no one person can write that well. Yes, the same English majors who can be seduced with a mere quote from Cordelia's soliloquy from King Lear, and who... I digress. The point is, Wilde is certainly not 18.104.22.168. No, 22.214.171.124 was Jesus. --
01:38, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Are you talking about Jesus Christ? The author of such witless gems as "Go thou forth and eat thine own dung, thou fornicators" (Acts of the Distastefull 20:13)? Composing the masterwork "Fisher Price"? Surely you jest. Jesus was a second-rate hack, no one has ever taken his tripe seriously. I huff kittens in your general direction. And stop dissing Cordelia. What were English majors supposed to be seduced by before the advent of Internet porn, praytell? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
edit A Call to Read
The author recognizes that writing creates a product and is a process of evacuation. Therefore, writing is like shitting. Reading is consuming the metaphorical feces of another human. Therefore, in this age of illiteracy and ignorance, the writer is pleading for us to read, using language that he feels will communicate with those who need the message the most. --Kazzandra 04:06, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
edit The homosexual interpretation
Go eat "shit fuckers". The prophet wants us to consume gay people, as food.
edit The Cannibalism of Unskilled Fornicators Interpretation
The word "shit" is often used in the same way as its adjective form, "shitty." Therefore, the work could be read as "Go eat shitty fuckers," a command to consume unskilled fornicators. The author might advocate slaughtering these people and feeding them to the more masterful fuckers, in an unprecedented form of artificial selection. Indeed, the author might even envision a Utopian future in which only the most skilled procreative beings survive, devouring anyone who does not conform to their elevated sexual expectations.--Undeadoranges 22:05, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
edit So lemme get this straight...
...an unregistered person deleted everything in the Fisher-Price page, typed "go eat shit fuckers", and you made an entire page just to analyse the phrase's aesthetic properties? --Bp2611 22:24, July 3, 2012 (UTC)