From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dynasty Warriors article.
|Talk page archives:|
edit I'm Fat
I'm new to this sight. Is this article just joking? Because I enjoy Dynasty Warriors............ bitch.
- I assure you that this article is in deadly earnest and is a completely factual representation of Dynasty Warriors.YouFang 06:34, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
Well, you morons finally did it. I let my guard down for one second and this article gets deleted.
For some reason I stopped getting notifications about this page on my watchlist. Over the course of two months, anonymous IP users cluttered Dynasty Warriors with nonsense and unfunny horseshit. Then it was put up for VFD. Then it was deleted.
That's not going to happen again. Admins have generously allowed me to restore the article. From this moment on, I vow to be ever-vigilant. If you put ANYTHING stupid in this article I will edit it out. If I detect but a HINT of nonsense I will destroy your work. You will have to go to bed crying and angry because you weren't good enough. So just cut your losses and don't even try unless your literacy is at the Grade 12 level or higher AND what you have to say is funny.
That may sound elitist and mean but I really don't want this article huffed again. YouFang 01:01, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
edit Response from an anonymous (but not involved in the cluttering up and shit filling) IP adress
The article got deleted? Shiiit. BTW, what about all the character details? (Effiminate, Butch, Gender-bender) and the quote about Liu Bei poking Lu Bu? Would those be allowed back? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- I deleted those because they weren't consistent with the comic angle of the article. While I liked the Liu Bei quote in particular, it didn't gel with the rest of the funny. As for the character details, they were frequent targets of unfunny diatribes and I'm a little tired of airing those damn things out. If it could be pulled off, perhaps an article entitled "Characters from Dynasty Warriors" is in order. YouFang 20:25, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
edit Adding a quote
Now I know I'm new and all and don't know how to do any of this, but what about adding a quote from Yuan Shao, like "Ahhhh, there is a road there" Yuan Shao on a road being there. KInda? I don't know if its funny enough or what just thought id throw it out there
edit RESPONSE TO JUVENILE ARTICLE
Whoever the fuck wrote this article is a homophobic subconsciously dick loving cock jockey. If it be a sort of conglomeration, well then the lot of you are more retarded than any character in Napoleon Dynamite. First of all, read ROTK in English, then in Mandarin. Because I assume you all are 40 year old virgins living in your grandma's basement, I doubt you have the mental fortitude to read in English, let alone another language. Almost every reference made to DW or ROTK was inaccurate in this article. And whosoever is in charge of this shit, your vigilance is mild-sauce. Ma Su would put you to shame and he was beheaded for being a dumbfuck. And this shit is supposed to be funny? I find more comedic quality staring at a snowglobe whilst blitzed off my ass than I do ever-so-briefly if at all in this article. This current 30 second rant is infinitely more hilarious than the entirety of your work. TO ALL OF YOU SEXUALLY CONFUSED HELEN KELLERs: GO GET LAID. THEN GET AN EDUCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, PISS OFF. -Some guy
- Hey, how come Some guy has no comment about the ROTK article on its talk page? What's the matter, big guy, did you like that one? Hm? Hm? Do you like? Yes, I know you like, you big steam-broiled rapscallion, you! --S0.S0S.0S.0S0 00:36, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
edit Characters Of Dynasty Warriors
I feel we should add a section called "Characters Of Dynasty Warriors." I admit, I was one of the n00b ip users...I mostly added stuff to the female characters section (all except that yoko character) and then I added the crappy Wendy's explosion thing...I admit, I am ashamed of it but...can't we just bring the character section back, fresh, anew, and not unfunny? I mean, look at pages like Street Fighter, Naruto, and King Of Fighters. I feel we should do stuff like they do on their character lists.--Ericap 21:47, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
- Make a Characters from Dynasty Warriors article. That way, you won't have to put up with me reverting your edits and being judgmental. You can play around and write the article that you want and that you find funny! YouFang 22:50, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
edit Why this article needs work
The gay jokes have their place for this subject (mainly in reference to Zhang He). However, you are calling things "gay" which clearly aren't. Most people who play Dynasty Warriors aren't thinking, "ZOMG! Lu Bu and Guan Yu are teh ghey! Its a butch ghey, but ghey none the less." Also, anyone who is not familiar with the game probably isn't going to get the gay jokes either. And like Hyperbole said, I'd rather see narrow audience satire than "shu is gay, wu is uber-gay, wei is gay in a butch way, but Zhang He's ultra-uber-gayness makes up for any lack of gayness in that kingdom, and all the minor kingdoms are gay".
Right now, this article feels like a "literary sledgehammer" due to the abundance of unjustifiable gay jokes. This is unfortunate because sections of this are funny, but the article goes overboard with the gay jokes too early and too boldly. --Mnb'z 05:07, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Also, depending on gay jokes when you have other material, or rather, shoehorning gay jokes in while ignoring other material, sets a really bad example. --Mnb'z 16:38, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
edit Why it may need work, but not the kind you want
Thanks for your insight. Thank you as well for moving over to the talk page: I feel a lot more comfortable discussing my ideas here than on VFH.
I can understand why you think the way you do on this subject. On Uncyclopedia, we have both read innumerable random articles making reference to so-and-so's homosexuality, usually along the lines of "Ben Affleck is teh ghey lolololz stfu! Chuck Norris rulxxxor!" The people who make edits like this will continue to make them, no matter how much Dynasty Warriors encourages them or doesn't, 'cause they're dumb. However, I'd like to think that the jokes in this article are both much wittier than that and tinged with irony.
What you call a "literary sledgehammer" or perhaps "one long gay joke", I call a "consistent comic angle". In this angle, many facets of the "gay joke" are explored. There are straight-up gay jokes in this article, it's true, I'm not denying it. But you also have to note that a large number of the jokes do not hinge on the taboo of so-and-so being gay, but rather on the humour of heterosexual men having their sexuality threatened and their fear of "turning gay".
Not only that, but as I said before, saying this article is one long gay joke is really unfair! Did you notice that half of the article is a satire on video game controversy and censorship??? It is this section of the article that is the true literary thrust of the piece. Establishing the game as "gay" is essential to the funny.
I'm not disagreeing with you that the faults, flaws and inherent humour of the characters should be explored. I just don't think it should be explored here. This is an article with an angle, and putting a section on the character flaws would disrupt the comic flow, no matter how funny it is. Go ahead and write Characters from Dynasty Warriors. We'll link it up make sure the fans know how to access it from the Dynasty Warriors page. I'll even help you write it, if you want! I'll help you defend it from people who want to VFD it because it's "gamecruft".
It is my opinion that your proposed section will not make this article better. If you have suggestions that will improve the article for what it is (a veiled critique of the video game controversy), I will hear you out and stop being as belligerent your of criticism. I promise. YouFang 20:36, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Although I see what Hyperbole means about this game having a whole lot of material gone unsatirized, and I think an article exploiting all of that could be funny, in the end I agree with your idea to make this an article with an "angle", as there are enough game/nerd culture articles that are just a bunch of scattered bits with no theme. Therefore I'd say this approach is justified. ...And my reservation has been placed with Amazon for the new Empires coming out in Japan on May 28. Why this game continues to entertain me is a mystery.
- Also, some minor things: The names of the characters are all on the wrong sides. I think you have Zhang He in Shu, Lu Bu in Wei, etc. On purpose? Also, you know how Zhang He doesn't have his claws in the newest version of the game? You should say that Koei changed his weapon in response to the clawing incident. --S0.S0S.0S.0S0 04:03, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm with you on the mysterious appeal of this game. I've played it up and down for several years now. However, I played the latest EA Lord of the Rings game and was bored by it: maybe I'm cured? Or maybe that game just sucked.
- The wrong sides thing was on purpose. And yeah, Zhang He being given a spear because of the clawings is pretty funny.YouFang 17:49, 18 May 2009 (UTC)